Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Fantasy: One Thread RPG

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy: One Thread RPG

About half a mile west of the Fortress of Vorag (the ruined fortress the mercenaries explored).
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Hey, would wearing heavy dwarven armor impede my ability to do magic? Like TES? Or is it independent?

It's independent mate, but this is dwarven armor . Siegmund's fits because his is magical .
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Oh so I can't wear it cause Elves are tall and lean? Can I perform some magic knitting on it lol.

Lol yeah dwarves are like 4-5 feet and elves are usually over 6-7 feet. Hard to do XD.

Eh, possibly if you really want the armor?
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Nah I'm joking, I'm trying to RP a ranged only character anyway, so if I ever get to the point of melee I've usually failed anyway. Though I suppose it could help against arrows/guns and the like.

It would help against missle weapons true.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Could I perhaps fashion the breast plate of it somehow maybe? Like a bulletproof vest, but not the rest of it? I imagine dwarven torsos would be equal size (if not bigger) than elves? Just that their arms and legs are shorter?

Your call though boss lol.

You can if you like. Just make sure I know EXACTLY what everyone has in your character threads.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Awesome will do.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I've added my own bio to the OP, as I'm assuming it's been approved (since I've been RPing and you said there were no issues).

I'll add any new bios when they sign up, if it's clear from Pyrrhus that there is no issue with them.

Sounds good to me BF.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

If you guys do not mind i would love to join in the fun, I myself being a huge warhammer fanatic. Please accept my profile.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Username: Zectorman

Character Name: Baldric Tannfelder

Race/Species: Halfling

Career (if any) and Skills: Thievery (Halfling passive as far as im concerned) Not a bad cook (great by Human standards) Barber/Surgeon (don’t rely too much on that last bit)

Weapons: a “ Sword” of black iron taken from a Chaos dwarf lord (The size of a dagger for humans) (Not all is at it seems with the weapon) A Sling (hidden in his trousers)

Attire: a simple necklace that belonged to a loved one. A worn wool smock, homespun trousers and a plain belt.

Equipment/Other : Mostly stolen goods (From gold pieces to other nice things)

Physical Description (as detailed as possible please, pictures not accepted.): 3 foot 9 and weigh 80 pounds. Very curly hair of chestnut, hazel eyes and a fair complexion. Right handed. Soft voice

Mental Description/Personality: Once happy go lucky like most of his kind, now replaced by a hollow quiet in his demeanor. Broken for a time by his former masters, the hopeless soul broke again when death faced him, having to murder to save his own life which somehow he still cared about. Once not caring replaced by a fidgety skittish attitude, like an animal cornered. Though agitated he is quick to smile still although forced, and blows off any inquiry as to whether he is ok or not. How could he ever answer that question again and not reply with a resounding no. He will never be alright again. His world was shattered and now replaced by one he does not understand and is increasingly becoming chaotic and frightening. He will either reforge himself or break in the oncoming days.

Background/History: Baldric was a normal fellow for most of his life. A barber and “surgeon” by trade he mostly treated stomach illnesses and other similar ailments maybe having to treat a broken arm or too some someone falling off of a Dawg from drinking too much. A happy simple life living in a home with his Mother Father, 5 sisters, 1 brother and plenty of other relatives was not too shabby for a Halfling like him. Fun and merriment with the occasional run in with imperial law and some bad luck were the day to day for Baldric Tannfelder.

Unfortunately for Baldric his bad luck struck at the worst time. On a rainy day far to the east of the moot there was said to be some of the best fresh vegetables one could ask for from the human farms. Sadly this very farm has come under attack from a roving band of Beastmen, butchering and eating not only the vegetables but the people as well. As he hid in the fields his allergies acted up and singled himself out in the herd of beastmen within the fields. Though as they were about to kill him it has seemed the beast men had had their fill of meat and this mere morsel would do little to top off their meal. Instead he and the rest of the survivors were roped together and taken farther east…to be sold for weapons in the Dark Lands…

Such sights were seen crossing the mountains, such horrors untold. While the Beastmen were monsters, the Chaos Dawi-Zharr were monstrous. Slave drivers, while the Beastmen would pull you against your will, the Dawi-Zharr would whip the backs of their property, regardless if you could move faster or not, or whether you “Deserved” it or not. No, it just seemed they took a simple pleasure in their slaves’ misery. The Hobgoblin taskmasters and the laughter of their dark masters were all that Baldric would know for months as they crossed the dark lands and started his “work” . A halfling meant some half decent cooking according to his master, and cook he did; for his masters and for the slaves. Good meats for his masters while the slaves would eat whatever he was told to cook, including the slaves that could not make it…

Such a horror, the multitude of lash marks against his back tells a story of how he resisted his masters in their orders to do what he did to the bodies. He did not resist very long. He could never face the other slaves after that. The personal cook to the slavers, the quiet Halfling. This continued for weeks, months, years. He lost count after the many hauls back and forth between the Dawi cities/forts and the border.
    Though broken he did pick up the Dawi-language. Spoken between his masters and their Hobgoblin lackeys, and a sliver of how they thought and what they worshipped. He had seen their black temples, the screaming bull in the center of them. Every time he dreamed he saw its blazing eyes and the roar from its gaping maw. Life became simple, and the beatings lessoned as he quieted, allowed being in the presence of his Dawi-Masters from time to time without drawing too much ire.

Then came the raid upon the Fort he was on, escaped slaves, taking vengeance on their cruel masters. But the Master did not want his slaves to rebel, he started to murder each and every one of the poor chained souls before the escapees could reach I’m. His master’s black knife dug deep into the hearts of each one of his personal slaves until he reached Baldric. That’s when his bad luck finally turned as his master became distracted by the noise just outside the door, turning his head round to look. Baldric, fearing for his life, adrenaline pumping into his veins grabbed the sword out of his master’s hands. As his master rounded his head back, it took him a moment to notice the weapon missing and then the beady eyed Halfling wielding it. And before the Dawi lord could speak, his throat was cut, looking down to see the blood pulling at his feet. He reached out to grab Baldric, but the half mad Halfling screamed and plunged the knife into his master’s chest.

Baldric left the room, his master dead, his slave companions dead too. Free at last, with nothing but the cloths on his back, and the dark iron dagger in his hand. Over the cries of death and fighting from the fighting all around him he heard laughter. It came from behind him, within the room he just left, he turned dagger in hand pointed forward to prepare for whatever was still within. But he saw nothing, only the now lifeless corpses on the floor. If that was not disturbing enough, Baldric was not sure whether the laughter even came from the room, or the back of his own mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

You're in mate. Insert yourself into the roleplay where you think it will benefit it best
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Well I was convinced by my loyal friends Zector and BF to join up. I am considering three options; a Bretonnian, someone from the Border Princes (or a minor Border Prince himself), and lastly, a person from Middenheim.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; March 03, 2015 at 10:51 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

You could be a Border Prince, would be interesting. Whatever you think you could roleplay the best.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm placing my suggestion on a Border Prince/Noble.
    They're very interesting folk, almost chose that myself.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

An arrogant Bretonnian nobleman, fallen on hard times could be an interesting character to make. They'd usually look down on commoners and mercenaries, so it could be interesting now that you'd be forced to work with them to survive.

Phyrrus, a suggestion about character profiles. Could we create a new thread, just for character profiles to keep track of our equipment/gold/etc. It's awkward having to search through a huge thread to find our original post to update with new loot, it would be much simpler if it was all in one place, without all the other ooc chat to sift through.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1988 View Post
    An arrogant Bretonnian nobleman, fallen on hard times could be an interesting character to make. They'd usually look down on commoners and mercenaries, so it could be interesting now that you'd be forced to work with them to survive.

Phyrrus, a suggestion about character profiles. Could we create a new thread, just for character profiles to keep track of our equipment/gold/etc. It's awkward having to search through a huge thread to find our original post to update with new loot, it would be much simpler if it was all in one place, without all the other ooc chat to sift through.
    I second this.

Alright I'll make a character profile thread.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca