Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Settings & Performance Increase Recommendations

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Icon3 Graphic Settings & Performance Increase Recommendations

I am running Attila on an almost 4 year computer with steady 20 fps. I would like to share some of my experience on the Attila settings::

First my Specs are...
    - Intel Quad Core i7 2.67 GHz
    - 18 GB Memory (not needed)
    - 64 bit Windows 7
    - NVIDIA GTX 570
    - 2 SSDs (one for OS and one for Attila)

Using SSDs is very much recommended to run R2 and Attila decent.

Here the in-game settings which give me a steady 20 fps in the benchmark.

Hope this can be of some use to you

Default Re: Graphic Settings Recommendation

You def need an upgrade or two...running that cpu @stock is holding you back as well.

P.s interested to see how you do with gem..as there is no x2msaa atm.

Running x4msaa is a big hit so am on mlaa atm.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

What are porthole quality and screen space reflections about?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    What are porthole quality and screen space reflections about?
    Porthole is determines whether advisor portraits are 3d or 2d while space reflections improves the reflections on shiny surfaces as far as the game tells me.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    Porthole is determines whether advisor portraits are 3d or 2d while space reflections improves the reflections on shiny surfaces as far as the game tells me.
    Thank you my friend..
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    Also it changes the faction leaders on the faction selection page to either static or active. (2d or 3d)

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    I am running Attila on an almost 4 year computer with steady 20 fps. I would like to share some of my experience on the Attila settings::

First my Specs are...
    - Intel Quad Core i7 2.67 GHz
    - 18 GB Memory (not needed)
    - 64 bit Windows 7
    - NVIDIA GTX 570
    - 2 SSDs (one for OS and one for Attila)

Using SSDs is very much recommended to run R2 and Attila decent.

Here the in-game settings which give me a steady 20 fps in the benchmark.

Hope this can be of some use to you
    Thanks for this, a good guide for me and my card (albeit in SLI so will ramp up accordingly).

Off topic but I notice too you made the GEM graphical mod for Rome 2? That was cracking work mate, thanks. Pity it went out of action after EE edition, will you be looking at anything similar for Attila?

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd recommend bumping up "texture filtering" to 16x anisotropy. It will improve your texture image quality when viewed at angles and has little if any performance impact.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    Thanks for this, a good guide for me and my card (albeit in SLI so will ramp up accordingly).

Off topic but I notice too you made the GEM graphical mod for Rome 2? That was cracking work mate, thanks. Pity it went out of action after EE edition, will you be looking at anything similar for Attila?
    I didn't go out of action, it has EVOLVED my friend and now it has its own hosted modification section on the Rome 2 forums.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ment-Mod-GEMFX

Unlimited video memory toggled on with just 1 gb of vram?

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Default Good fps, but still..tearing?

So on the campaign map I sometimes manage to get about 35-45fps, which I consider very good. However, when I move around, and I maintain this level of fps, the game sort of stutters in a way anyway! Rome 2 doesnt do this for me, so Im wondering what is wrong? Yes, I have Vsync enabled to prevent stuttering/tearing.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Default Re: Good fps, but still..tearing?

I havent finished installing yet, but try forcing vsync with nvidia/catalyst, that might work

well i personally would remove vsync entirely and get dat fps boost.(im blind to tearing though)

Or try a G-sync or freesync monitor, remove the V-sync to get more FPS and no more tearing.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    I'd recommend bumping up "texture filtering" to 16x anisotropy. It will improve your texture image quality when viewed at angles and has little if any performance impact.
    I tuned it down because it had quiet the impact for me (maybe because of the aged GPU), though it normally does not in other applications. This might also be related to high grass and texture detail in general. Trilinear does still apply decent filtering, so its not like turning it off. Maybe using a NVIDIA overwrite could help with performance but I did not try that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    Unlimited video memory toggled on with just 1 gb of vram?
    Running it on SSDs feels to make this a more than valid option. It basically lets you run the game on your selected settings without auto tuning it in big battles (which always degrades quality that you would not touch if you would tweak it manually).

Libertus

Disable SSAO. It really doesn't add all that much, you really can barely tell the difference with it on or off. Will increase FPS. Also...running the game on SSD only provides faster loading times, like all games. Has no impact on actual gameplay performance.
    Last edited by binarystar; February 17, 2015 at 11:30 PM.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

man, you really should oc that cpu, would give you alot of performance boost. is that the core 2 duo quad core? if so, requires old school oc skills
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hello there,

I would need some advice how to improve the performance of Attila.

these are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.10Ghz
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    Ram: 2x 2 GB Kingston
    Motherboard: Asus B75M plus
    64 bit Win 7

I run the game on medium-high quality, yet pretty bad graphics overall (I can run Shogun II with max settings and it looks way way better)

I wish I could get similar graphics to shogun II.

Could you recommend me something which can boost my performance?

I would be really grateful

Thanks in advance.

Default Anyone have tips for performance improvement ?

Atilla just about runs okay on low settings. I made the screen resolution worse and got some improvement, but are their any other tricks? It says my drivers need updating but Windows said that they're up to date.

Rome 2 ran fine for me on high settings

thanks
    My CAI mod for use with drop-in battles

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Anyone have tips for performance improvement ?

You might want to try updating your drivers directly from Steam, in the top left, you will get option to do

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast