Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 3.5.2 - Updated string handling

Default Re: PFM 3.5.1 - Attila support

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Not from the DB Editor AFAIK (it's not written by me, I hardly use it myself and can't check right now as I'm on Linux).
    You can edit it in the master_schema itself.
    To do so:
    - open the DB file in DecodeTool (right-click, Open->Open Decode Tool
    - at the bottom right, it shows the current file version (Typename: <table_name> Version: <version> (parsed with <...>). Note that the "parsed with" will always show "0" right now which is a bug.
    - open the master_schema.xml and find the corresponding entry (<table table_name='<table_name>' table_version='<version>'
    - below, you see all the fields which correspond to the column entries (name='<field_name>' is the column title)

Edit the file, save and restart PFM, the table column should be changed.
    If you're sure you've correctly identified a table, send the schema entry to me (<table>... up to the closing </table>) and I'll integrate it into the released master schema.
    OK, already thanks for this . What I'd like to do in Rome TW is to make a second subculture column in factions_tables and only change the building subculture availabilities so that the buildings depend on the new subculture and all other things on the old one. Is this possible or just a stupid idea?
    Ceterum censeo orbem terrarum mihi esse regendum.

I've got an odd issue. I removed PFM awhile back, and then downloaded the latest version a couple days ago. However any packs I create with the current version are invisible to everything except PFM. On top of that when trying to load or save a pack I can not change the folder since the buttons to do so are hidden. Trying to overwrite one pack with another pack results in a dialog box with no options which forces me to use the task manager to exit the program. I've tried running the program as administrator, completely wiping PFM (Including appdata), showing hidden files, but so far nothing has worked. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

As I needed it I just noticed the ancillaries table (version 9) is wrong, corrected version:

Code:
      <table table_name='ancillaries_tables'
             table_version='9' >
        <field name='key' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field name='type' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='applies_to' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='transferrable' type='boolean' />
        <field name='unique_to_world' type='boolean' />
        <field name='unique_to_faction' type='boolean' />
        <field name='precedence' type='int' />
        <field name='start_date' type='int' />
        <field name='end_date' type='int' />
        <field name='avatar_skill' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='avatar_special_ability' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='legendary_item' type='boolean' />
        <field name='mp_exclusive' type='boolean' />
        <field name='is_wife_ancillary' type='boolean' />
        <field name='category' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='min_starting_age' type='int' />
        <field name='max_starting_age' type='int' />
        <field name='min_expiry_age' type='int' />
        <field name='max_expiry_age' type='int' />
      </table>

I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question but, I cant for the life of me figure out how to delete multiple data lines

never mind I'm a idiot

Uploaded schema_50 with Mitch's ancillaries table.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I tried my first mod with your tool, however I am stuck.

I am playing with diplomacy numbers in cai_personality_diplomatic_event_values in db. In order to see the effect easily, I changed gift giving effects on the relationships:

STATE_GIFT_LARGE 60 50
    STATE_GIFT_MEDIUM 25 25
    STATE_GIFT_REFUSED 50 -10
    STATE_GIFT_SMALL 10 10

to:

STATE_GIFT_LARGE 200 200
    STATE_GIFT_MEDIUM 100 100
    STATE_GIFT_REFUSED 40 -10
    STATE_GIFT_SMALL 50 50

However I couldn't see any effect as I started a new game all the time. I even changed all the "STATE_GIFT" values with same amounts on the same table, result is the same, game is still using the vanilla data. What should I do to apply the pack by the game? I would be appreciated for the help.
    Am I doing something missing??

(P.S.: I am putting the .pack to data folder, like all the other mods. I tried both with renaming the last string and with using the original name too, what else is missing, I didn't get it.)
    Last edited by Farwest; March 17, 2015 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Formatting

Have you activate it ?

How do we activate it? I am already using mod manager, also I tried using with changing the pack .movie too to activate the mod automatically? Or did I get it wrong?

i need help for some reason I cant extract the files properly. Some files are always missing like the exe file

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchname View Post
    i need help for some reason I cant extract the files properly. Some files are always missing like the exe file
    fixed it. my antivirus thingy didnt let me extract the files

edit there is another problem I cant access building stats or any other tables. i am getting all the time: failed to open building stats
    second edit; got it working again, but i am still confused i trying to find the public order stats for agriculture buildings
    Last edited by nosuchname; March 19, 2015 at 12:21 PM.

nevermind, i already figured it out

I found an issue regarding the PFM 3.5.1. By the way, appreciate the great work that went into it. I am starting the process of creating a web application that will be an Attila Unit comparison app. Your program has been a life saver in the sense that CA cannot seem to synch the actual stats of the game to their encyclopedia, or even within their own game, so going by the actual data pack file seems to be the way to go. However, in order to automate the process of stats as much as possible i have to make a manual step every patch which is to extract all to TSV. The issue i have found is that certain important tables do not properly include the 'key' when exporting to TSV. They happen to be the most important tables like, 'land_units', 'main_units'. Tables such as 'unit_abilities' do include the key on export. Because of this issue i cannot properly parse the data into accurate stat information for units. I hope not including the key in those major tables is a bug and not a feature although as programmers we are always inclined to call our bugs features. After making a bot to scrape the online encyclopedia for the stats information and later finding out it's all wrong, solving this slight issue is now my only hope to continuing.

Never mind, the primary keys are present during the export, they are just in different order depending on the table; I will use the schema as my reference. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by KKoJ View Post
    in order to automate the process of stats as much as possible i have to make a manual step every patch which is to extract all to TSV. The issue i have found is that certain important tables do not properly include the 'key' when exporting to TSV. They happen to be the most important tables like, 'land_units', 'main_units'. Tables such as 'unit_abilities' do include the key on export. Because of this issue i cannot properly parse the data into accurate stat information for units.
    You may want to try out dbsql.exe.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Nice tool, but i want fast, I've already flattened the model down and Lucene indexed the data into a series of 0..*. I've gone with a poor-man's NoSQL implementation doing it that way. I don't care about modding, so changing the data really doesn't interest me, i just want to be able to read all of the data and have my answer come back in ~100ms or less if you include the network travel. So far the data is querying in microseconds after a warmup using the land_units (or sometimes the main_units) as a multi-value standard analyzed field on the documents. I haven't gone into the ship units yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KKoJ View Post
    i just want to be able to read all of the data and have my answer come back in ~100ms or less if you include the network travel.
    But you export the data anyway, so might as well only export the fields you need, instead of doing the full TSV. Your call though.

What are you coding in? Maybe I can provide an easy API to streamline your access to the data by going to the .pack directly if you think that'd help.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

is the PFM in the first thread is with the new Celt dlc schema ?????

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Battlefield_Buildings is the only db table which requires update for new patch/dlc.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Why do some tables appear blue when viewing the data pack? Unfortunately its one I need to access.

Edit: I figured it out, blue means empty. Any idea where the data that was in unit_experience_threshold_modifiers in R2 went for Attila?
    Last edited by Murderin; March 25, 2015 at 04:01 PM.