View Poll Results: How do you rate Attila?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll

3 1.44%

0 0%

2 0.96%

4 1.92%

7 3.37%

7 3.37%

10 4.81%

25 12.02%

72 34.62%

61 29.33%

17 8.17%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you rate Attila?

Default Re: How do you rate Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    thats quite a way to try undermine this game from the start, previous games had that "honeymoon" period and that didn't stoped people from spoting the good and the bad right out of the bat.
    But there was honeymoon-ing with R2 (thanks to beast PR and expecting fans of R1), even though the base game was obviously terrible! It took a solid week or even month for the tide to reverse. Complaints were less frequent than praises and people complaining were more often than not beaten to a rhetorical pulp. Now its exactly the opposite hence the negative atmosphere (will progressively change if the game is good... if the forum was so negative it was due to R2).
    From everything I've seen in videos/screenshots/reviews, Attila deserve a correct/good score. More if you dont care about battles, which seems to stagnate (I dont own the game so I dont vote, just my thoughts).
    Last edited by Butan; February 17, 2015 at 11:50 AM.

I'm giving it an 8 for my day one impression. I'll come back and actually vote in a couple of weeks when I've got deeper into my campaign and it's turned into a slog or not

But first impression, this is right up there with my joy when I first started up Med 2

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Well I got it for 50% off already...otherwise wouldnt have got it...
    Rofl, its not a sin to say you bought the game and enjoy it you know..
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Quote Originally Posted by Doe3000 View Post
    I'm really surprised by the reaction here. I haven't seen anything this positive since Shogun 2, and initially I think the reaction is better than it was even for that game. As for me, I can't rate it. I don't have a copy and it is unlikely I will get one for a few days yet. I'm getting it for free as a birthday present, so that's a bonus.
    I feel that I'm playing Shogun 2 currently with Attila! More or less! With some patchs I hope they'll polish it even more! Just a solid 8!

Hasnt the game only just come out? How can you rate something after just a few hrs or so....?

My initial impressions are it's better than Rome2 but the performance issues are a real downer. I'll post a score when have done more...at this stage it's just impressions...

Somewhat of an unrealistic poll I think.
    10 times this

The game has been out for 12 hours. Still in the honeymoon oooo shiny, better than R2 out the gate phase.

I think most of us expected it to be R2 but a little better, assuming CA has learned anything since R2. Fall of the sam was better than shogun. Nap was better than Empire and so on. Besides, almost everybody on these forums are somewhat of a fanboy, or many of us wouldnt be here, so initial impressions should be positive.

The most positive thing, and this may be making people love the game so much more over R2 and it quite sad, is that the game seems to be playable for most people. But again this is their 2nd shot at this game so at least they got that right.

It is nice to see people excited but this poll is meh. I want to see the poll in a month at least after the people here have had a good chance to really dive into the game.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
    -H. L. Mencken

These results look good enough for me, I will go buy it then. I will rate once i have played.
    To offend us is to offend God

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    all this feedback is making me want to quit my job and go home...
    LMAO!!

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Ok guys, let me have a question. Or two if I may. I dont have the Attila (and I am not going to buy it for that price) but I have read some review. I was quite upset about two things, First thing is: they say there is some special cursor for idiots. It shows you how bad/easy your attack on enemy unit can be. If you pick cavalry to charge on enemies pikes, it will show you red icon. Where is the atmosphere for taking responsibilities for your silly decisions? And another stuff. Because AI couldnt handle sieges CA decided to put a "special feature" into Attilla. If there is a siege, after few rounds computer will do some holes to city walls automatically and AI can handle siege much easier. No need to use any siege equipment. Is this "special feature" implemented? Please tell me NO for both.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I gave it an 8 it plays much smoother for me and I can get much more into this game than Rome II the campaign is amazing haven't tried out the WRE yet as that looks hard and from what I've seen the WRE AI gets battered and so many unexpected things happen but if I get into this game more than I will give it a 9 nice job guys not perfect but great.

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh so View Post
    Rofl, its not a sin to say you bought the game and enjoy it you know..
    I dont have a problem giving praise where praise is due but I dont mind giving CA a load of stick where it's necessary. It's called viewing something impartially.

Which is hard because I love history and the series.

Only reason I got it was because it was £17.99...am not paying full price for an engine that's sub 60fps even if the game has the best gameplay since...I dunno the first tomb raiders etc..that has always been my major gripe with the series.

Things like minor settlements seeming to have half built walls and germanic units in pictish roster...that can be overlooked somewhat.

Only reason I got it was because it was £17.99..
    How, If I may ask, did you get it half price?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses II The Great View Post
    I got it for £17.50 from simplycdkeys - take a look at ALqamars stickied thread for lowest prices. There are two cdkey vendors listed there (including simplycdkeys) that have it half price. I had no problems with my purchase and a different purchase from the other shop listed was also fine.

These places aren't dodgy or selling you dodgy keys -I have a feeling that they're messing about with VAT - the purchase must take place somewhere VAt doesn't need to be applied - anyway -I'm off topic. Just check out ALqamars stickied thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses II The Great View Post
    I could tell you but i'd have to kill you....

See above.

Oh btw 75% off charlemagne for crusader kings2...and there's a patch for men of war ass squad2..

I'm really glad to see such great feedback! I'd probably say that I feel Rome 2, as I play it (with mods etc) is a 7/10, with the drawbacks to it just being that it often can't keep me really enthralled (although I have a sly suspicion that has a lot to do with me losing interest in games, or knowing I should be doing something else instead) and I'd hoped that Attila would be a 7-8/10 on release since CA already had a good base to work off of.

I'm eager to see what the feedback is like from a week to a month from now, see what bugs or game issues crop up. I initially didn't want to touch this until I could get it on sale, and even if it's great I'm trying to cut back on gaming so wouldn't want to pay £30 for it, but it really sounds like I'm missing out!

It's probably one of the best games in Total War series, from my first impression. I give 10/10, because not sure that next title is going to be polished and well implemented as this game. So I enjoy Attila at the moment. Rome 2.... was pain and disaster... I want to forget Rome 2 (although waited for it almost 5-6 years) and Attila will help me. In aticipation of Total War Warhammer, Medieval 3, Empire 2.

I haven't really played much of it. My first impression is that the campaign is slightly better. Things like family tree, being able to assign governor, there's a use for gravitors - these get a thumbs up. But the city building seem more limited than before. Maybe it's because I haven't touch the game much and I'm mistaken but it seem like you can no longer build same building types. Example, if you build a 'farm' in 1 slot, that's it. You can no longer choose 'farm' for the other slots. You can still choose different types of farm upgrades. Unlike in Rome 2, where you can have a city with nothing but temples or farms, etc..

I hope I'm mistaken and missed something, anyone can confirm?

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

I wish this was the rome 2 we where expecting, but otherwise great expansion and definitely worth getting, solid 9
    Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only YOU can feel the warmth.
    WE have no limit. Saying so is just a pathetic excuse of giving up!

I give it an 8/10. Politics is much improved! You got your family tree back and you get to appoint governors to provinces. Map is beautiful and in battles the AI performs pretty well, in field battles, by Total War standards. On the negative side sieges are still not quite what they should be. I tried out the Rome siege and tried to defend it from a Visigoth force. They tore down my walls with their onagers and then just sat there. That needs to get fixed asap or when people encounter things like that in game there will be howls of rage. I am confident it will get better and if they clean up some of those issues like the AI not taking advantage of a breach in sieges then I may up my score later on.

I was playing a siege battle earlier and it actually looked better than that Siege of Carthage video used to promote R2. It's taken 2 years or so, but Attila finally delivers what was promised. R2 was bitterly diassapointing for me, but I put that aside and gave Attila a chance. It may be that over time its flaws will become more apparant, but from the 8 or so hours I've played today, it's an impressive piece of work, and it's good to see how much of the R2 feedback was taken into consideration - even down to being able to turn off those 3D heads. The campaign is also the most challenging vanilla TW I played in a long, long time.

Attila is definitely my favourite Rome 2 mod

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast