Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila: Flags of factions (emblem mod) - MODS in STEAM workshop! UPDATED TO TLR PATCH!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: WRE,ERE, Saxons emblem mod - Vikings are sailing!

Seem like I have little issue with Sassanid empire to edit their main menu show, so Sassanid empire will delay. Vikings need only some little color tweaking and they are ready to release.

For me it has more connection with the Saxons because the sacred ground of the Irminsul was on Saxon soil when it was finally destroyed by Charlemagne but as i saw it used for the pagan Franks as well i like to make a suggestion to use that symbol for one of the Western/Northern Germanic Factions.

If you look at this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tan-The-Franks under Banner there is a nice version, but i would prefer something more fancy like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Might be a nice alternativ for the Saxons as well.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Looking forward to the new Vikings look. Great job.

Content Emeritus

New viking emblem and color mod will be out tomorrow afternoon. Just finished tweaking.

This is really high quality work. I would be supremely happy if you could change the Franks to be using a blue-ish motif like in Barbarian Invasion. Were the Franks using the Fleur-De-Lys at this time? It doesnt need to be absolutely like medieval France, but I would love to have something that resembles proto-france more than this abstract turquoise stuff we have now.

Could someone confirm if in their overview tab the old saxon flag and colours remain? Because in my case i have the new flag and colours but when i look at my leader in the overview screen he looks the same.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by athropos1 View Post
    This is really high quality work. I would be supremely happy if you could change the Franks to be using a blue-ish motif like in Barbarian Invasion. Were the Franks using the Fleur-De-Lys at this time? It doesnt need to be absolutely like medieval France, but I would love to have something that resembles proto-france more than this abstract turquoise stuff we have now.
    I will gonna take a look to Franks with Sassanid empire after vikings are out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Could someone confirm if in their overview tab the old saxon flag and colours remain? Because in my case i have the new flag and colours but when i look at my leader in the overview screen he looks the same.
    This is happening with me too.

Is there anyway to change the small icon where the faction trait is so that it's the same as your emblems? Looking forward to the Viking pack especially, great work

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    I will gonna take a look to Franks with Sassanid empire after vikings are out tomorrow.
    Thank you sir! This means a lot to me. This goes a long way towards giving some individuality to what feels like a undistinct mess of babarian factions. Your work for the Saxons was stellar and I hope the Franks get the same love.
    Last edited by athropos1; February 23, 2015 at 05:54 PM.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Any plans on releasing the same banners but in a different colors for the rebels and separatists for these same factions? I thought that would be pretty neat.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
    Any plans on releasing the same banners but in a different colors for the rebels and separatists for these same factions? I thought that would be pretty neat.
    Maybe in future but not now.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Viking emblems (WIP)

Must. Have.

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by athropos1 View Post
    I'm not an expert on this subject, so according to the french wikipedia page :
    The Fleur de Lys was used by the Franks as soon as 770 (late reign of Pepin the Short and early Charlemagne), but not for royal heraldry. This symbol was found on columns built inside the Basilica of St. Denis around 750/775, or inside a gospel book (painting dating back to 782).
    Under the reign of Charles II the Bald (843-877), Fleurs de Lys are depicted on crowns and scepters.
    Hugues Capet (987-996) used a Lys on his royal seal.

If the Fleur was somewhat used by Carolingian and early Capetian kings - plus other european kings imitating them - the symbol was officialy adopted by the french kings - for their heraldry - with Louis VII (1137-1180).

All of this to say, this is a bit out of Attila's timeframe

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Thanks Noif, always been a fan of your mods.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh View Post
    I'm not an expert on this subject, so according to the french wikipedia page :
    The Fleur de Lys was used by the Franks as soon as 770 (late reign of Pepin the Short and early Charlemagne), but not for royal heraldry. This symbol was found on columns built inside the Basilica of St. Denis around 750/775, or inside a gospel book (painting dating back to 782).
    Under the reign of Charles II the Bald (843-877), Fleurs de Lys are depicted on crowns and scepters.
    Hugues Capet (987-996) used a Lys on his royal seal.

If the Fleur was somewhat used by Carolingian and early Capetian kings - plus other european kings imitating them - the symbol was officialy adopted by the french kings - for their heraldry - with Louis VII (1137-1180).

All of this to say, this is a bit out of Attila's timeframe
    If you know more about Franks stuffs. I would like to get a value detail to make my searching easier.

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

If you know more about Franks stuffs. I would like to get a value detail to make my searching easier.
    Sorry, my english isn't great and I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "value detail". As I said, I don't know much about this stuff, but if I can find something to help, I will gladly do it.

Content Emeritus

Default Re: WRE,ERE, Saxons emblem mod - Vikings released!

Viking emblems are now release! Link you can find in OP with other links.

Awesome work dude

This is freaking amazing... Your work is superb!

You will face one problem and that is that we have here the Franks which are still pagans. Everything you will find, will have to do with christian franks. You have to make the choice if you accept that and use some kind of a christian symbol for our pagan franks or you have to look for pagan symbols in general because we don't now if they even used a banner at all. That is why i posted a bit earlier on this page the symbol of the Irminsul which was used in earlier mods. However Paradox in its CK2 Charlemagne DLC experienced the same problem in case of the Saxons and used the Irminsul for them.