Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attila Bug Report Thread

Cobi Wan Kenobi's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Official Bug Report Thread

As the Visigoths, I recieved a mission to start trade with the Western Roman Separitists, who I was at war with. I'm allied with the WRE who are of course at war with them too. Thanks for insta-fail mission.
    Last edited by Cobi Wan Kenobi; March 17, 2015 at 11:58 PM.

Another Mission Bug: I was given a mission to ally with the Bastarnians who were already my military allies. The next turn the mission was deemed a success.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it doesn't seem legit. ^^
    They recruited at least 18 units of mercenaries...I never get such a huge pool to choose from.

Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug, but it doesn't seem legit. ^^
    They recruited at least 18 units of mercenaries...I never get such a huge pool to choose from.
    I have had this happen too, but I have also been able to hire maybe 15 merc units into one army at a time. However, I was mad when I had killed all of horde except one unit, and they spawned a general and hired about 10 mercs.

Another bug: The Angles have a War Penalty with me even though they are my tributary state. Many turns later, they randomly appeared to be at war with me without notification.

Crouchy23232323's Avatar Libertus
    Glasgow, Scotland. (Former Great Britain)

If a crash counts as a ''bug'', then since I have got the game, on day of release, (I was also suffering from the extreme menu, event message and intro-movie lag - this issue has been resolved), I find, on occasion that when saving if I select the ''cloud'' icon, then intermittently the game completely crashes before I can save. No crash report, just crashes, taking me to my desktop screen. Does not happen when selecting or saving to disk as normal. I have ''auto-save'' to cloud checked. First time this happened I lost about 2 hours of game play. I now save to disk first before anything else, just in case!

If any other info needs posting let me know and I will. If a crash doesn't count as a bug can someone please point me in the direction of that thread, thanks.

I have a bug to report. Whenever I fight battles against the AI, I win.

Also, the AI doesn't know how to form a battle line, even infantry attacks in weird spaced formations that get easily flanked when charged into my battle line. The AI tends to send its units one by one into my line. After the AI has only missile units left, they fire at me until a unit expends all ammunition, that unit then proceeds to charge into my line and die, this is repeated with each unit until they all die/rout. When assaulting a fort, the AI uses at most 1-2 entrances out of the 6 available. The towers are far too overpowered, making the AI's pathetic attempts at sieging my towns less than futile. The AI tends to run their troops without necessity for example when reinforcing. When attacking or switching position, the AI leaves their siege engines unprotected. The AI uses its horse archers in a very passive manner, it doesn't even try to use their mobility and move them around the flanks, they just sit and fire from their positions like regular foot archers. The AI should prioritize defending its general even more, losing a general = losing the battle, at least in the current battle balance.

Icon8 BUG: Family tree - Consanguinity, infanticide, you name it!

Hello,

I found a bug in the recent updated family tree, zoom in and out function.
    The thing is, i picked a women:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-28_00002.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	517.6 KB 
ID:	323385

Can't marriage my nephew? No problem! Zoom out and...

Name:	2015-03-28_00004.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	323384

Voilá!

Name:	2015-03-28_00005.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	581.6 KB 
ID:	323383

Bonus! Duplicated characters:

Name:	2015-03-28_00006.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	323382

And this works with assassination, secure loyalty, etc.
    Am I getting any money for being a beta tester? Thanks CA!

Quote Originally Posted by Neige Noire View Post
    I have a bug to report. Whenever I fight battles against the AI, I win.

Also, the AI doesn't know how to form a battle line, even infantry attacks in weird spaced formations that get easily flanked when charged into my battle line. The AI tends to send its units one by one into my line. After the AI has only missile units left, they fire at me until a unit expends all ammunition, that unit then proceeds to charge into my line and die, this is repeated with each unit until they all die/rout. When assaulting a fort, the AI uses at most 1-2 entrances out of the 6 available. The towers are far too overpowered, making the AI's pathetic attempts at sieging my towns less than futile. The AI tends to run their troops without necessity for example when reinforcing. When attacking or switching position, the AI leaves their siege engines unprotected. The AI uses its horse archers in a very passive manner, it doesn't even try to use their mobility and move them around the flanks, they just sit and fire from their positions like regular foot archers. The AI should prioritize defending its general even more, losing a general = losing the battle, at least in the current battle balance.
    Simple fix, unplug your mouse and keyboard. (Doesn't always work!!)

After patch 2, the AI still razes like crazy. Turn 72 ERE campaign, everything north of the Black Sea is desolate, I count at least 26 desolate regions...

Pathfinding in walled cities is bad.

Default Re: BUG: Family tree - Consanguinity, infanticide, you name it!

Works for me to but game stops working after the message They successfully married in beginning of next turn.

A small, but irritating bug. The campaign game will no longer save the names you give your armies. You can still rename your armies, but if you save and then reload then the army name will revert to the name it was initially given by the game upon formation. (Also, I've seen armies reverting back to their initial names at the start of new turns. So, you don't even have to save and reload to get the bug.)

As someone who really enjoys using the naming feature for immersion purposes this is a really annoying bug. Initially, I thought it may be caused by a mod, but I removed them all and my armies still could not retain the names that I gave them. The funny thing is that this bug doesn't seem to effect older saved games. In my older saves, my armies retain the names I gave them and I can create new ones that also retain their new names even when I save and reload. It's just new campaigns since the DLC and patch.

Also, CA STILL hasn't fixed the bug in which leader certain traits and retinue items, which are supposed to give experience points to newly recruited units, are not giving any.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Well does anyone else had this? Red graphics all over the place, i have an ATI hd 5850 with the latest beta drivers installed

MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Does anything happen in regards to the posts in this thread or is it a black hole.

Racist ***********!

@ Megasalexandros: I just had a similar thing occur. I was playing as the Huns, fought a battle in winter late in the campaign, and it looked exactly like what you posted. I had a force of largely Devil Archers, and I think Attila was my commander. Were you playing against the Huns, at the time?

Also, anyone else ever have it where you can no longer click the family tree in your campaign without getting a CTD? I'm running zero mods and no background programs that should be a problem, so it's just a standard build with all the DLC for me.

Version 1.2.0 build 5282.662853
    several problems.
    first, playing as the Picts, i have achieved 3 heroic victories, as it states in my stats, but i am still unable to build the Bard's Hall, as it says the heroic victory requirement has not been met.
    second, playing as the Geats, my faction leader is currently Barren, but is still having atleast 1 illegitimate child every turn, sometimes 2. he currently has 11 illegitimate children, which he has had in the last 8 turns. and not just the Geats, but the Picts as well. it seems the more negative effects a person has to having children, the more children they have. My Pict heir's wife had the 20% chance for kids, and only ever had a daughter, where as another son has just about every negative effect besides being Barren, and still has kids.
    third, as someone else posted about the amount of desolation going around, im on turn 112 right now as the Picts, and i counted atleast 44 desolate cities right now. and that is after i colonized 5 cities. it would be one thing if it was just the Hun going around burning everything down, but its not just the Hun destroying everything. the AI torched a major city after taking it from rebels a few turns ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MKeogh View Post
    A small, but irritating bug. The campaign game will no longer save the names you give your armies. You can still rename your armies, but if you save and then reload then the army name will revert to the name it was initially given by the game upon formation. (Also, I've seen armies reverting back to their initial names at the start of new turns. So, you don't even have to save and reload to get the bug.)

As someone who really enjoys using the naming feature for immersion purposes this is a really annoying bug. Initially, I thought it may be caused by a mod, but I removed them all and my armies still could not retain the names that I gave them. The funny thing is that this bug doesn't seem to effect older saved games. In my older saves, my armies retain the names I gave them and I can create new ones that also retain their new names even when I save and reload. It's just new campaigns since the DLC and patch.

Also, CA STILL hasn't fixed the bug in which leader certain traits and retinue items, which are supposed to give experience points to newly recruited units, are not giving any.
    The same thing for me. I hope they solve it in a near patch

CTD Crash to Desktop

I play Franks now for 360 turns. I have no access anymore to my fraction tree. As soon as I push the fraction button I have CTD.
    Now the game requires to place a new governor for a province so I am forced to access the fraction tree to do so. By this the game is over for me.
    I have tried to come over this by saving my game with cloud and continue with an other computer. Same effect. So it is not a question of PC and settings - it's a game bug.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Probably said here before but just bringing them up again.

1. Ships that are set to fire in 100% still sail to the shores and unload there men.
    2. Ships sailing in reverse. Some of the smaller bugs i have encountered.

They are a bit annoying and probably easy to fix. Lost a lot of battles because of these little mess ups.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Are we ever going to get at fix for the bug where AI units will randomly decide to retreat when they are engaged with one of your units? Because they are all of a sudden running away they take massive casualties and then quickly rout afterwards. I'm guessing its coding so that they rest their tired units but instead it just gets them killed and breaks immersion.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast