Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attila Bug Report Thread

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Official Bug Report Thread

Options -> Controls -> Battle -tab: Locked formations are formations, while formations are locked formations. [1]

If you spam Spearwall ability button while engaged in melee, every other second, then you will destroy other units, even much higher tier then your own. [2]

One armored elephant can kill 2000 noble swords, but it can't kill a 2 calvalry units. [3]

Shieldwall and Defensive Testudo tend to bug out to the point that the units turn 90 degree to their right side, exposing their flanks. [4] [5]

If I hold ALT while dragging a large formation over long distances, then the formation will bug out and units will be all over the place.

It's not user friendly to use WASD + shift + Ctrl + LALT + RALT with my left hand. It's like writing @ with one hand. You can't change the Advance key bindings either.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Two minor bugs:

1) I married a non-family general to the non-blood widow of a deceased family member general and that newly married general disappeared from the general's list. He wasn't listed as either family member or a non-family member. He remained on the campaign map leading his army and was still holding his office, but if I wanted give him a new office then he wasn't listed. (In order to get him back on the generals list, I had to go back to a previous saved game and stop the marriage.)

2) The Roman general retinue item "Pankthronian (spelling?) Gloves" doesn't seem to work. It's supposed to give its general the ability to recruit new infantry units with +3 experience, but despite having several generals with these "gloves" their new infantry recruits never have any additional experience.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Is this a bug that none of the Western Roman Empire units have any flag bearers like Vexillums similar to the Eastern Roman Empire faction in the game are they missing?

I was playing as the Sassanids and was taking a settlement held by Axum. Their naval forces bugged out I guess and 2 of their ships started sailing through the land and under the map apparently. Saved the battle replay and made a video of this.

Also noticed that ship collision wasnt there in the beginning of this video, and also civilians can run through ships.

Default New glitch found...

where crossbowmen will continue to attack ground after enemy has far left their range of fire. Please fix they wasted about 500 good arrows.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New glitch found...

Report it here: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...player-Battles and CA technicians will hopefully get on it, they might ask you for a replay or a save file from before the battle so they can re-create it if it's not a very common bug.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Same agent activity messages twice at beginning of turn.

Default LOL! Marriage crash bug

Anyone tried this?

I married my daughter off to some eastern king, in exchange for trade and to build a good relationship with them. AI being themselves, got their king killed in battle. After a few years, my king's wife died, so I arranged a marriage with the only available daughter - the daughter I married off. LOL! Too bad it crashed the moment I tried to open the family screen. I guess the game couldn't accept what happened.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: LOL! Marriage crash bug

we should call it the Incest bug.

Default Re: LOL! Marriage crash bug

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    we should call it the CK2 feature.
    fixed

Default Bug in campaign battles

Hello guys, i noticed on a land battle with navy fleet reinforcement or attacking with a fleet a settlement some bug happen, now the soldiers on the ships, once they landed and that they have been attacked, disappear under the map and can not move or be killed. I know this bug already happened on Rome II with darthmod, and Darth Vader (creator of Darthmod) know how to fix it. I dont know if he's here but someone already got this bug ? and know how to fix it please ? Cause it's a little annoying to wait the all battle cause theses soldiers cant be killed.

Sorry for my english i hope you understood me.

Anyone else got these weird transparency glitches?

They show up in the campaign and battle maps.

EDIT: Updated drivers and now it works like a charm. Reddit is useful sometimes!
    Last edited by Alexios Komnenos; March 04, 2015 at 02:02 PM.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

I just played a few battles in Holland but the landscape is nothing like Holland. There are no rocks and there are no hills in Holland, it's all just flat clay and earth. I mean as flat as a pancake as far as the eye can see and you can poke a stick into the ground just about everywhere, no rocks whatsoever

so... i just restarted my huns campaign and im at turn 400AD Spring.

Attila is not born yet as compared to the previous patch...
    is this a bug?

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

1) Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but it annoys me: whenever I open the overview map on the campaign map, I constantly need to tick all the filters. The game should remember my previous settings, especially during the same game session, at the very least.

2) The Pankratian Gloves buff doesn't seem to be working (not that it matters, as it's bloody OP).

My game is unable to get to the main menu screen. It freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to shut off the game. I have no mods enabled.
    "Everyone believes in something. I believe I'll have another drink."

"Wise was he who created god."

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

This has probably been posted it might not be a bug but a way of design to compensate for bad campaign AI. AI goes on a wild hunt across the entire map with its entire armies just to go after you and disregards its own safety. Best example would be ERE going after Visigoths in Gaul.

Don't preorder games!

Libertus

When you sack a settlement and don't move out of its influence area your army won't be able to move next turn unless you attack the settlement again (you can retreat from attacking it, but sometimes you will only retreat to the same place and be stuck if you don't want to attack again).

Happens everytime and is really really annoying.

My suggestion: Let the area of influence grow slowly as the garrison replenish. A settlement with next to no garrison should not be able to hinder fully stacked armies moving next to it.

I had a strange experience playing as the Geats. I was in Britain, besieging Londinium and moved a general out of Britannia Superior to give his troops to the besieging general. Upon moving him back into Britannia Superior he simply vanished, totally gone!?! Also missing from the faction character page (he was not a family member so not in the tree). I reloaded my save game to make sure I was not loosing my mind to confirmed the character name (after I loaded saved game I did not move him back into town and he is still alive in my game now).

EDIT: As extra details is best I had another general with a fleet sitting in the harbour of Britannia Superior at the time (he did not vanish).
    Last edited by SirMan0waR; March 11, 2015 at 05:46 AM.

Also playing as the geats I had a faction move 3 armies from the middle of europe to my home settlement the most northern on the map (the AI must have cheated as it knew my settlement was un manned) but they just trundled through enemy territory to get there, didn't seem realistic. I caught them in the act and brutally butchered them by hiring tonnes of mercenaries before they arrived anyway

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast