Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attila Bug Report Thread

Default Re: Official Bug Report Thread

The problem is all animated backgrounds, videos and etc... plugins make the FPS drop to basically 2, in the campaign sometimes an event picture will pop up and the game will lag very hard.
    I am sure this will be fixed with a patch.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Lame nonetheless.

Pop up video lag during campaign map is probably the most off-putting. I am enjoying the new campaign mechanics, though. The real time battles seemed fine. No real issues there either. I suppose it's just a waiting game for patches & mods. (sigh)

Dirac's Avatar Libertus

My game crashed just now, and now, I am opening it but all I get is black screen, with only my mouse button showing. What should I do? does anyone else have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    My game crashed just now, and now, I am opening it but all I get is black screen, with only my mouse button showing. What should I do? does anyone else have the same problem?
    Me too.... crashing at the title screen.

I have random game crash problem

To those reporting a crash. When the game becomes black after splash art. Keep pressing ESC and power through the Menu lag.
    The campaign runs very smoothly, it is the videos dropping the fps to almost zero.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Attila 1.0.0 4514.646135

Benchmark:
    - the earlier reported flickering of shadows also occour in the town, on shadows casted by objects, so it is not limited to the units shadow.
    - in some occasions the ram does still move forward while the unit are standing still.
    UI:
    - The Attila main menu background animation is bugged. When you tab out of the game several problem occour:
    - the animation is not running at all but the picture is still there
    - the background animation is gone / black, with some green artifacts at the bottom of the screen (looks alike a video codec issue)
    - the game sometimes become laggy or unresponsive in the main screen when the animation gone
    - occasionally the animation reloads and will play again.

Attila 1.0.0 4514.646135

Performance:

I understand now why you changed the minimum requirements from a single core CPU to a dual core CPU. Because your 3rd party video codec does run at with only one thread as it seems.

During my mulitcore / hyperthreading tests I am running currently, I downgraded my i7 to a single core CPU with hyperthreading on, which still works.
    However as soon I disable Hypterthreading, so having only one core and one thread the game becomes completely unresponsive during the intro and the background animation, too.
    Last edited by Darth Red; February 19, 2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: double post
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Um, just downloaded an update/patch or something via steam. Oddly enough, the size of it was only 0 kb. Tried starting Attila and now it says that I'm missing executable files. I can't start it at all now.

EDIT: just checked the official forums and CA is aware of it
    Last edited by Cavalier; February 19, 2015 at 05:33 AM.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Crouchy23232323's Avatar Libertus
    Glasgow, Scotland. (Former Great Britain)

For anyone having problems with intro movie and main menu lag, if you have Rome 2, click on it's desktop icon, when the launcher/mod manager opens launch Attila using the start menu. This should stop the game from lagging. No idea why but it has for me. CA/SEGA/whoever are aware of the issue.

If you don't have Rome 2........... dunno. But for me even with the lag, in-game was fine, apart from lag after each turn end with event messages! Apart from that, all good.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Naw, it's a patch.

I have probleme with frankich , as i get the tech that should replace axe_herban ( axe shield warrior tier 3 ) by francisca_herban ( axe shield warrior tier 4 ) :
    - the allready get axe herban are abble to be upgraded through army icon ( as it should be )
    - but there is no way to recruit franscica_herban ( as it would be ),( neither axe_herban , since there transition 1->2 and 2 ->3 have perfectly wotk (for be exaustive )).

Good Morning,

Sorry if this has been mentioned - I am not awake enough to scroll through all of the bugs to find if this has been mentioned...

My bug is more of a spelling error that is not really noticeable until it starts happening repeatedly. When a rival noble is killed in battle (using auto resolve function) the pop-up has a spelling/ grammatical error in the last sentence. I apologize for the lack of a specific quote, but it starts off with, "our" then talks about how you have killed their noble in battle. I have only lost one noble and di not notice if it happens then, but opposite, but it has happened every time I kill a rivals noble.

Okay,
    A bit more awake. The error happens in the "Enemy Killed in Battle" pop-up and happens whether it is a land or sea battle. The last line reads, "Our noble enemy has fallen in battle against us"

Thank you...
    Last edited by Darth Red; February 19, 2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: double post

The game just crashed during the End turn cycle after a battle, have no Idea why.
    Forgot to check the crash report, sorry.

I'm not using any mods and this is the first time this has happen.
    Version 1.0.0 Build 4514.646135.
    My cores are not overheated and I had no lag.
    Using 2xGTX 670 with latest drivers (NVIDIA Geforce drivers 347.52).
    OS is win7 ultimate 64bit.

I hope that helps.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

The first pop-up message (not an event, just the rank gained and stuff like that) I get at the start of a turn often comes twice. Now this is not anything that breaks the game but as pop-up messages themselves are already mildly annoying having more of them isn't exactly my biggest wish.

The_Bulgar_Slayer's Avatar Biarchus

For some reason I'm not able to see some of the layers on the campaign map. I can't see any armies' movement range on land (though I can see it over water). I also can't see the reinforcement range, arrows showing where the armies move, territorial or provincial borders, etc...

It's pretty annoying when trying to figure out where and how far you and your enemies armies can move and/or reinforce.

Official Byzantine Historian for Tzardoms:Total War

While not strictly a bug per se, more a hopefully unintended "feature". When you get attacked an an ally AI reinforces they just stroll lazily towards the battle resulting in either a) you battle alone anyway and win or b) lose. Thus kind of defeat the purpose of them reinforcing you in the first place.

I get that the fatigue system would probably break the friendly AI's morale if they ran, but some other way needs to be looked at. Perhaps reinforcing AI armies gets a fatigue bonus for the first 60 seconds of battle, or something like that, so they at least can run half-way before getting there. ;-)
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Cobi Wan Kenobi's Avatar Centenarius

I subjugated a faction, and my defensive allies were still at war with them afterwards. What happened to the feature in R2 where your allies ceased war when you subjugate a faction? Also another faction declared war on them after my end turn and forced them into a horde, thus forcing my vassal to be liberated without being at war with me?

Quote Originally Posted by serika661 View Post
    Good Morning,

Sorry if this has been mentioned - I am not awake enough to scroll through all of the bugs to find if this has been mentioned...

My bug is more of a spelling error that is not really noticeable until it starts happening repeatedly. When a rival noble is killed in battle (using auto resolve function) the pop-up has a spelling/ grammatical error in the last sentence. I apologize for the lack of a specific quote, but it starts off with, "our" then talks about how you have killed their noble in battle. I have only lost one noble and di not notice if it happens then, but opposite, but it has happened every time I kill a rivals noble.

Okay,
    A bit more awake. The error happens in the "Enemy Killed in Battle" pop-up and happens whether it is a land or sea battle. The last line reads, "Our noble enemy has fallen in battle against us"

Thank you...
    Uh I think that's okay.

Its trying to say that the enemy was killed honorably in battle.

Since its talking in third person "Our noble enemy" is correct.

Though I can see how it would be confusing.

Text bug: Immigration event. The political dilemma where your nobles are concern about a large influx of immigrants. Choosing to disperse them through out your lands procs the effects that say "The slaves are working diligently" and "The slaves are upset over being separated."

It happened again in the same place after the same set of events. It said "APPCRASH", I have no idea why this is happening.... Will I need to reinstall?

While the BAI is better then Rome II it needs some fixing when it comes to attacking settlements. I've had several games where the AI just stops after a while having units just standing inside or just outside settlements and not advancing. Worst case was my last unit of spears with their back against a wall in the town square in testudo. They were surrounded but the enemy did not go there and engage, and if I wanted a draw I could've just fast-forward 60 minutes. I fast forwarded over 30 minutes, but by then I lost patience and engaged myself.

Note to CA. Why not, early on here, open a dedicated Battle AI Feedback & Suggestion thread where we all can chip in to remove the last flaws from the previous era and get it up and running full speed as early as possible. TW:A has a CAI miles ahead of Rome II, but the BAI is not that far ahead. Yet. Just a thought, and modders can even suggest direct changes if needed/possible.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

I have noticed this too... It is getting to be quite annoying, especially if you have many characters doing many different things...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast