Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attila Bug Report Thread

Default Attila Bug Report Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Post your bugs as precisely as possible if you can reproduce them:
    Please include the build number for Attila and describe the steps how to reproduce the issue. No rants please.
    Please use this thread to specifically report bugs, rants and discussion will be treated as off topic. Thanks! ~IlluminatiRex

Happened to me when sieging Constintanople as the Huns. Next thing I know I got attacked from the sea, and land by supporting armies (so 3 armies attacking me overall). My troops ended up being on water (just like the enemy army). I could move them to the ground during deployment, but not during the battle itself. Also, enemy ships got stuck on an invisible waterfall...
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; February 17, 2015 at 07:31 AM.

Default Re: Seamen on horses! [pics]

BTW the entire thing is recorded on my polish twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kommissarzbignievov/b/625946294 35:30

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Icon3 For CA - Attila bug compilation thread

Post your bugs as precisely as possible if you can reproduce them:
    Please include the build number for Attila and describe the steps how to reproduce the issue. No rants please.

Attila 1.0.0 4514.646135
    -in the german version the subtitles of the intro differs from the speech. The difference cannot be explained by translation differences. In fact the subtitles started to get desynced in the first scene "Ah Rome the eternal city", then the speaker stops, for the next scene, but the subtitles are much longer. So at the beginning of the second scene the speaker and subtitles are not syncronized anymore.

- there is a flickering issue on the "magna graecia" region description overlay in the intro. Using an GTX 670, Nvidia 347.52 driver
    Last edited by alQamar; February 17, 2015 at 06:04 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Default Re: For CA - Attila bug compilation thread

I started with the prologue, I reached the point where I migrated in Adrianople, and then there seems there is nothing else to do to progress the prologue campaign.

I can't declare war on anyone, so I can't take any territories and there is no further guidance as to what I'm supposed to do next.

Except if I was supposed to see it in this panel

[IMG] screenshot[/IMG]

Anyone else tried the prologue instead of a normal campaign and got stuck like me?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Attila 1.0.0 4514.646135
    Benchmark:
    - very visible level of detail issues in performance / maximum performance preset. Details and items just pop in and out at a very low draw distance, especially at the tower, this should be adjusted a bit, I cannot imagine it costs so much performance to draw some windows.
    - shadows are still flickering at ultra shadow quality, in the benchmark - and probably in the game when the camera is far away. Very likely to Rome 2, perhaps a bit improved though.
    - gamma appears to be very low, you can hardly see colors of the unit armours / shields, e.g. those standing at the wall.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Attila 1.0.0 4514.646135
    Game
    - Game reports to be modded while it is not. Modified.log contains "music_en_shared_rome2.pack missing", in fact the file is missing but verifying game cache doesn't download it either. I guess this file is not included in the german language version.

Default Re: Official Bug Report Thread

If you play the game with the floating icons turned off, they are also turned off (invisible) on the overhead tactical map. I'm assuming this is something overlooked by CA and not a bug as such.

Ok not sure where to put this but on pretty much all screens im only getting 5 fps but when it comes to campaign and battle map im all good at 66+ fps anyone might know whats the go?

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reports. If you're wanting dev eyes-on, best place for them is the official support forum, as I can guarantee you they will be looking at those.

Cheers,
    Craig

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Attila 1.0.0 4514.646135

Benchmark:

- The earlier reported flickering of unit shadows is even more visible when "performance" preset is applied
    - at the beginning of the benchmark, some crows after "taking" off, but there are no branches they sit on just a tree, looks a bit weird to be honest.
    - unit collision seems completely insufficient. It is actually great to see that units can now collide more properly but if I may refer to the scene in the benchmark the one is attacking and charging while the other one just let's it happen, there is not even a bit of countering visible.

If you need some videos about my reported please let me know. Perhaps you can also allow me to upload them on your Aspera.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the reports. If you're wanting dev eyes-on, best place for them is the official support forum, as I can guarantee you they will be looking at those.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Hello Craig, albeit you're completely right with that, some members here don't have any rights to post at the official forum. I don't ask for your support staff to response here, but noting down things and passing on would be nice.

I just noticed that the thread was merged but I did not name it "official bug report thread". This is clearly a misleading naming as this thread is not officially supported. I will request a renaming.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 18, 2015 at 03:31 AM. Reason: dp/merged

So build up my PS ( in Germany ):

Sys:

Intel Core i7 3620 CPU 3600 MHz ( no OC )
    MSI X79A-GD65 ( 8 D ) Board
    G.SKILL 16 GB 2133 DD3
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Clean up my PS and have updated ALL my driver with ( DriverScanner).
    In the Menu of the Game i have veryy big LAGG IMPACT!! I need 2-3 min to change a Nation or go to the other Menu.
    Very big lagg. The game runs very smooth and i can play all the battles and so on ..without anything.

If i verifity my Cache in STeam...So Steam says me i loose 12 Dateien and steam loaded the missing files. But the LAGG in the Menu is still there.

Have German Version with -moded-word upon the gamenumber in the menu.

Sorry for my bad english.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Fishdawg View Post
    Ok not sure where to put this but on pretty much all screens im only getting 5 fps but when it comes to campaign and battle map im all good at 66+ fps anyone might know whats the go?

I believe i have this issue as well. At main menu, the Hunnic horse archer background animation stutters & stammers w/other menu options (custom battle) also lagging behind clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    I believe i have this issue as well. At main menu, the Hunnic horse archer background animation stutters & stammers w/other menu options (custom battle) also lagging behind clicks.
    I had the same issue and this is what fixed it for me.......
    As soon as the background movie starts I just kept hitting "escape" until I was at the main menu and then everything ran fine.

ariyan's Avatar Civis

Eastern roman Tagmata cavalry are really really over powered :|
    Sassanian are coming!!!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP YA BOY, MUCH APPRECIATED CUZ

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I had the same issue and this is what fixed it for me.......
    As soon as the background movie starts I just kept hitting "escape" until I was at the main menu and then everything ran fine.
    Thanks, bud. That did the trick.

Edit: After more 'testing', not really.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; February 17, 2015 at 08:27 PM.

I am lagging (low fps) extremely hard, I have not even started the game and in the menu page I can barely click anything.
    the Videocard drivers are up to date, I am going to see if it is the windows updates because I had to reinstall the windows just to play this game (it crashed on splash like shogun 2)

and yes I did do the ESC spam but honestly the damn thing is still lagging.
    Last edited by Toho; February 17, 2015 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I am lagging (low fps) extremely hard, I have not even started the game and in the menu page I can barely click anything.
    the Videocard drivers are up to date, I am going to see if it is the windows updates because I had to reinstall the windows just to play this game (it crashed on splash like shogun 2)

and yes I did do the ESC spam but honestly the damn thing is still lagging.

Same here. Esc spam doesn't work consistently enough for me. It was a band-aid to what I would assume would be an easy fix (not claiming to be an expert in any regard). Drivers are up to date. I am beset by relentless, low fps.

by constantly spamming the prologue I finally made it to the game.
    the game is solid and both the battles and the campaigns run very smoothly.

I dare say, this game has surpassed Shogun 2 in battle mechanic. I need more tests to be sure but its either equally good or even better.
    The only issue might be unit weight and collision (I really liked samurai smashing into Yari and pushing them back) this might be the only issue with this game but other than that it is a solid 9/10.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Same here. Esc spam doesn't work consistently enough for me. It was a band-aid to what I would assume would be an easy fix (not claiming to be an expert in any regard). Drivers are up to date. I am beset by relentless, low fps.
    Yep, I have the same problem. I can't even select a faction to play because the framerates are so bad.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast