Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Magnar Mechanics - Attila Mods (25 mods released)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar Mechanics - Attila Mods (18 mods released)

keep the requests coming and ill get back to making these mods once the next update of Vae Victis has been released for Rome 2

Could you create a mod that lowers maintenance. Right now ia have conquered all of Northern Africa as ERE but is increasingly difficult to move beyond that because no matter what i build the maintenance stat eats most of the money.

Miles

Have less roman troops it reduces maintencance by 2% for each non roman soldier

Do you know if it's possible to lower the diplomatic penalties by half or at least 25%? They're just way too high as is and it makes diplomacy near impossible.
    Would love if you could do this!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSarmartian View Post
    Have less roman troops it reduces maintencance by 2% for each non roman soldier
    That only works for WRE, ERE has a tariff trade bonus and interest income increase each turn. However, because everybody hates me im not trading with anyone.

Love the replenish arrows mod, it's very balanced while still being very useful.

I am using the "more children" which is also working great, illigitimates aside.

My only gripe is: My sons turn 16, and look of men, but refuse to join the ranks until 20.
    Perhaps something is not working here?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by CapnCavemanicus View Post
    Love the replenish arrows mod, it's very balanced while still being very useful.

I am using the "more children" which is also working great, illigitimates aside.

My only gripe is: My sons turn 16, and look of men, but refuse to join the ranks until 20.
    Perhaps something is not working here?
    It doesn't change anything for the family characters who come of age at 16 in vanilla. It is more about your other characters (agents and non family generals)

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    keep the requests coming and ill get back to making these mods once the next update of Vae Victis has been released for Rome 2
    Cool, thanks in advance.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Durador's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by internalmemory View Post
    Can we get a mod that only doubles the amount of units in garrisons? I would much rather like a garrison to have 14-15 units instead of just 7. Anything can take any garrison easy. Like too easy it's stupid. Any military with 8 units can take any garrison in the game, essentially making towns perfectly useless and defenseless unless you 24/7 have a stationed army in it the entire game.
    i think this is a great idea!

The 2x mod doesn't work for horses I use large unit size so the foot soldiers are 240. The unit cards says it is 120 soldiers in a horse unit but if I count them there are only 80.

What to do?

Also it would be cool if the catapults were doubled aswell.

EDIT: I t was because I used radious mod. Is there a compatible version?
    Last edited by Addario; February 21, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

For those who follow my Rome 2 mod Vae Victis, we've just released our latest mega update today

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-v-61-RELEASED

Is it possible to scale the effects of Imperium more?

Like, minimal impact from Imperium, until you hit say 50% on the bar then it starts to ramp up? I feel like a huge part of the game is being removed due to how fast Imperium ramps up. I've got 3 armies 6 settlements and I'm at ~25% Imperium and I have up to -100 diplo as a Great Power for at least half the States in game.

Durador's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    For those who follow my Rome 2 mod Vae Victis, we've just released our latest mega update today

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-v-61-RELEASED
    Gratz with the release of the update!!

Would you be able to make a map for the campaign map camera, allowing it to zoom out more? So far that's the mod I've been missing the most from Rome 2, the limited zoom is awful.

Thanks Magnar! I've really appreciated your work ever since I started using your mods with Rome 2.

Do you think the Better Children mod will take effect without starting a new game? I'm having a good game taking over Britain with the Saxons, but currently only have 1 son and no brothers so I'm hoping my next generation will suddenly become more prolific. But starting over wouldn't be so terrible either.

Durador's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Magnar Mechanics - Attila Mods (18 mods released) - Now with Steam workshop links

Quote Originally Posted by Earende View Post
    Question, triple barricade mod. Is it those little wall things with shields that you get to select in sieges? Just wondering since they still pretty much explode instantly when the enemy so much as touches it.
    Yes i think that are the ones that get more "hp" with that mod. But it does not work well. I changed the mod to give it even more HP Magnar gave it 7.500hp i changed it to 10.000hp and it still does nothing.
    I think the problem is that when a siege engine is hit by a tower it does 1 or 2hp damage, the same works for the barricade but then a unit is hitting it with more men and with more damage per hit (like 400 towers are hitting a siege engine at the same time).

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Magnar will you keep these updated as the game is patched?

I'm using 2x size and slower combat and it's perfect for me and I'd hope it won't be changed.

I know the trick about using Large Unit Size to make garrisons and starting armies work, but is there any way to make starting armies work with 2x on Ultra?
    People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.
    -Dan Quayle

Please Magnar,
    Add a mod to increase the amount of barricades in big cities!

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Nice stuff, Magnar. Thank you.