Thread: [suggestion] Tell us your History/Campaigns

Artavardiya's Avatar Libertus

Default [suggestion] Tell us your History/Campaigns

Hey all,

Seem I'm waiting for the game I want to listen to your stories! I know there use to be a forum for this dunno wheather there still is.

Tell me how your campaign goes. Tell me about your conquests, defeats, family members etc.

If you got any pictures to help your story that was great. If you don't have the game whats your grand plan then?

The Venetian Republic

As Doge of the Venetian Republic I would begin to muster up my troops and move towards those Croatian Rebels nestled in the Zagreb province. As I secure the provinces in the balkans that are not yet occupied by the major powers I will be forming a mobile army from the island of Iraklion (if you begin with that area) to capture Rhodes and Nicosia to secure them under Republican control.

If successful I will move to secure more lan within the Medeterrain such as Ajaccio and Cagrilari. I will continue to support the Papacy and attend to any request his holiness may present to us. However, if threatened by the evil Holy Roman Empire or the lying cheating sneaky Milianese we will defend our borders at all costs.

I will try to promote my Cardinal to Pope so I have some standing within the Papacy. I will move to crush what is left of the True Roman Empire in the East. My ultimate goal as the Doge is to unite the Balkan Regions under the control of the Venetian Republic.

Merged double post. - Trajan
    Last edited by Trajan; November 11, 2006 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Tell us your History/Campaigns

Shouldn't this be in the AAR section?

Artavardiya's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Cuahchicqueh
    Shouldn't this be in the AAR section?

Shh it should but noone posts there nor looks.

Well i'm about 40 turns or so into my Spanish campaign (h/h) and i've captured all of Spain and also Tunis. Next i'm going to invade France and north Africa.

"The Spartans do not ask how many but where they are"-Agis II of Sparta
    Persian envoy: "Our archers are so numerous that the flight of their arrows darkens the sun."
    Leonidas: "So much the better, we shall fight them in the shade."

Quote Originally Posted by Artavardiya
    The Venetian Republic

As Doge of the Venetian Republic I would begin to muster up my troops and move towards those Croatian Rebels nestled in the Zagreb province. As I secure the provinces in the balkans that are not yet occupied by the major powers I will be forming a mobile army from the island of Iraklion (if you begin with that area) to capture Rhodes and Nicosia to secure them under Republican control.

If successful I will move to secure more lan within the Medeterrain such as Ajaccio and Cagrilari. I will continue to support the Papacy and attend to any request his holiness may present to us. However, if threatened by the evil Holy Roman Empire or the lying cheating sneaky Milianese we will defend our borders at all costs.

I will try to promote my Cardinal to Pope so I have some standing within the Papacy. I will move to crush what is left of the True Roman Empire in the East. My ultimate goal as the Doge is to unite the Balkan Regions under the control of the Venetian Republic.
    I wasn't too sure which faction I would be starting with, but after reading your post I am now considering the Ventetians.......

playing hard / hard

im scottisch and played 40 turns i first conquard 3 rebels settlement then i went straight for Nottingham ( got some heave cavl. after completing a mission for my merchants ) i attacked it and i thought i would be attacked by that large arme of englisch right beside me. But that same turn that army stack rebelled so a complete stack of englisch ( good legions ) went rebelling and went straight toward that city in welsh. So the english had to attack that stack and defend it. So after notthingham i went straight to londen and crabbed that 2 turns after ( almost nobody defended it ). So know i got almost all of england. I waited few turns and got my army to that last province in welsh and i lay siege ( waited 9 turns - big castle ) and england gave up without a fight.

So know england is wipped out and only have Caen left.....

I also went on crusade with a big stake ( meanwhile ) but the hungarians beat me to get antioch.. there where allready 2 jihads for bagdag ( against rebels ).

In my game As far as i can see ( fog ) the france are doing .... good and also milan is going great....Venice is completely driven away and have only 1 or 2 citys left.

In this game venice and danmark where excommunicated allready and there where allready 4 popes. Almost all cardinals are death and i have 8 open spots for new cardinals.

and know i go on playing ....

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Moved to the AAR forum.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

In my latest campaign as the Holy Roman Empire, i begun with allying with as many as i could, the pope one of them.
    And after a few turns, there was this huge alliance that covered all actions from italy to denmark and from france to russia. But as i was busy building up my economy and military and taking any rebel cities i could get my hands on, Venice decided to attack Bologna. I managed to just beat back the Venetian invasion with all allies still on my side, but then all hell broke loose. Hungary and Sicily broke away from me and joined Venice. While fending off the enemies on my eastern front, Sicily attacked Bologna. Luckily my reinforcement army managed to turn the tide of the battle. But it was still a heavy price for victory, as three family members, including the Emperor were slain.

And just now, Milan attacked me as well and kicked me out of Italy. But i have amassed the biggest army i could and have just sent it south into Italy where two huge armies of Milan awaits me.

Playing h/h btw. And CA have really succeded in making this game harder as more and more factions join in an effort to subdue my empire.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Hello altogether

I'm actually playing "serenissima" Venetian republic. And I must say after playing first a few turns England: it's more fun.
    If you look at the map, you're right in the center of the world - or hurricane! So you have all options! :hmmm:

In the early period I find the Pavisian crossbowarchers almost unbeatable. For expample I was eliminating half the expedition corps of HRE - may also have been Milano - with them. AI is so dumb to keep staying in some distance of the town walls when you attack them by sally out. They will run away later when your crossbowarchers (standing on the town walls of Venetia) have shot them down almost. You can capture the fleeing by your marchant's guild cavalry (don't remember exact name) - which are quite useful. So IMO, you are not forced to have lots of castles (and wasting profit) in Europe. Instead build towns!

Beginning
    First I got also Zagreb. You have a nice little army with a general near. As a second step i received a task by the council of nobles to capture Durazzo. I got it, but its orthodoxy was very high. So my further expansion was hindered a bit (large garrison, recruiting lots of priests instead of troops). There were also a few heretic priests to fight. As i want(ed) to be pope's darling. I've negotiated alliances with hungary and the papal states (still unbroken till now - round 43). Secured venetian/byzantine Border with watch-towers. I want to fight them in the end-play. This is because of my house rule, not to fight (christian) neighbours, who are peaceful towards me. And it's also because Hungary and Byzantines have war with each other - so i want to keep them busy. Please don't disturb! I'm the laughing third!
    Also i like the Byzantines and the Romans anyway (my favourite factions playing bi and rtw).

Crusades
    Later I got the task to start a crusade against Antiochia. I was sending a young leader with almost a full stack. Hireing mercenaries for the rest.
    Unfortunally the Hungary arrived at Antiochia before - waiting next to the city. Perhaps, because the Turk king was already besieging it, so i was lucky being able to take the city as first. Of course after driving off the besieging Turk king - he was alone- with no stack! I even captured him, but Turks were too poor to pay ca. 17'000 bucks for him, so he was executed!
    (I recognized, that campaign AI on medium is sending generals very often alone around the map, even in hostile territory - happened also with the king of the milanes, which I didn't want to capture or kill however - reasons/story below).
    My young leader gained 2 ancillaries by taking Antiochia - and he gained maximum chivalry. As a pity not all ancillaries can be transferred like you could in RTW.

Traitors
    In the meanwile (just having sent away a full stack for crusade) - Milano and the HRE betrayed me (even I didn't want to have more than trade relations with them) - meaning my trade empire would be ripe for looting. Me, the true defender of faith.

What happened with their besieging army is discribed above. Soon, they got excommunicated by the pope. Believe me, it was hard to calm down my soldiers, till I got green light by the pope.
    I dicided to get rid of all cities in nothern italy belonging to Milano.
    First I captured Milano itself (finding there Osama Bin Ladin - eh - a master theft's guild headquarter - this explained a lot), followed by Genua and Marseille (robbed before by Milanese from the French). It was a hard fight because they have almost the same troops like me, and Battle-AI is stunning smart, when it is on the city-defender's side (even on medium/medium).
    Also I had to besiege Bologna (HRE-city), but because there was a full-stack defending (well mixed troops - even with peasant-archers, -crossbowmen and armored sergeants), I chose to starve them (which was lasting 7 turns). I don't like Pyrrhic victories. Besides their king Henry (the historical one, who tried to put his sovereignty over the pope's) - was the leader of their army - so by killing him, pope was forgiving the rest of his dynasty.

Now
    I'm actually at turn 43. Marseille, Genua, Milano, Bologna, Venetia, Zagreb, Ragusa, Durazzo, Crete, Antiochia and Aleppo is mine.
    Europe: I will try to expand further in the central europe and killing the Milanese (take the 2 provinces, which the Milanese still have - Bern and Burgundy). Traitors have und will be executed, expecially if they are harboring thieves guilds! Also the conflict between Venetia and Genua (which is in the game represented by a certain amount) is a dangerous threat to Venetia (also historically - wasn't Marco Polo beeing captured by Genua!?!).
    I plan to capture Corsica and Sardinia.

Rhodian Island is besieged and there are reinforcements underway to Antiochia and Aleppo, to fight Egypt (declared war on me) and the Turks. (In Antochia a guild of discoverer has settled down - i'm eager, what benefits it generates).
    Actually I'm Nr. 1 in almost every aspect - although Spain has more cash. The pope likes me the most!
    It's a great game. Taking a city is more difficult even on medium (without any catapults, mortars or so - just with normal siege equipment). Like it should have been before in RTW! In the open flat field whatsoever, AI is not so smart IMO, but a bit better than in RTW.
    Perhaps i will post later a few pics of my venetian republic campaign if you like and i'm able to post it.

So, have lots of fun with the Venetian republic! I do still have! (ewaiting eagerly my cardinal beeing elected as new pope - he is Nr. 1 cardinal and i still have 2 others).

Edited: Some spelling mistakes corrected - but I'm german speaking, not english. So please excuse! Thanks!
    Last edited by SwissPikeman; November 12, 2006 at 05:28 AM.

William looked across the sea , the lands of his home the lands owned by those dogs the french and he knew it would be his!!!

Yep the English were on the rampage , with a secure position in place after the sweeping aside of the Welsh and Northern rebels and the various skirmishes with the scots upon the high hills and mountains of then Pennines it was finally time to unleash the secret military program.

The proud Caen Billmen combined with the great Welsh Longbowmen would meet to take Edinborough , Henry leading the proud army stormed the castles and at its head put an end to hte Douglas' family and an end to the fables of William Wallace , Robert De Bruce and all those pansys, it was time the scots were put in their place and boy were they. Henry on his way through also meet the Irish and became friends and they joined the great empire.

The French were next and boy were they gonna get it , movin across the channel the Army of Henry along with his new son Arthur moved straight for Paris smashing a french army that was twice as powerful , the Longbowmen now veterans of the Scot war hitting hte French all day long.

Then disaster!!! The Danes , the evil , small , petty piece of gum on the bottom of your shoe hit my city of Burges , ahh but they were taught a lesson the Army of Rufus crossed the channel and hit them with his newly formed army, they were scattered and shown the power of the Lions.

Europe was in total war! The pope stepped in and we put our differences behind us as the crusade started Henry and Arthur and their army of scarred , bruised and battered army of blood lusting nutters had new lands to pillage , the HOLY LAND!!! The muslim light armoured , allah loving flower wearing , kumbia singing peaceful pansys never had a chance and so the holy city was in the english hands as well as the fortresses of Gaza and Acre and then later Antioch. Henry died and was buried in the dome of rock , i imagine , in Jerusalem.

Ahh back in Europe Augustine the Scarred , due to his attacks against the Danish moved on taking Hamburg and Stockholm .

And thats the end of that chapter.!!!!

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Well since this post appears to be going down in a ball of flames in another thread, I'll put it in here

I've been playing Byzantine campaign on VH/VH. So far. So hard. Its about 1315AD now, and I'm still locked in a desperate war against the Turks, Venice and Hungary. I currently own Greece, Dalmatia, Thrace, Wallachia, all the islands in the Aegean area and Cyprus, then the two nearest provinces to Thrace in Asia Minor. Or at least I did till the Turks took over the one nearest to Thrace!

They're proving an interesting faction to play as. Pretty much everyone seems to have it in for you, and the only way to make progress is to strike hard and fast with a force capable of taking a province with as much as you can muster (which never seems to be a lot!) before the enemy can react. Currently I'm being hamstrung by enemy naval activity from Hungary in the Black Sea, and Venice in the Adriatic, with both harrying my Aegean ports. Its interesting, since once you hit the gunpowder event, you really have to react quickly with your navies. I did, until gunpowder, have a magnificent fleet of Dromon and Fireships, mostly at silver/gold chevron with a decent admiral. Altogether about 400 strong. Once gunpowder came along, both Venice and Hungary quickly began to take advantage, and now my major fleet is quite outdated, even if its somewhat capable of taking out smaller fleets. I'm going to make an effort to get my navies modernised and then I'll take back my seas!

Since about 1290, my Northern and Western frontiers are pretty much subdued, mainly thanks to a one of my generals and his combined army of Byzantine Infantry and various mercenaries. This stunning campaign destroyed 2 Venetian full stacks (separate battles admittedly!), and took the Western-most province in Greece and gained me Dalmatia. I think the Venetians are currently embroiled in a major war with Milan, so for now the West is secure. The East however is a somewhat bleaker picture.

The East has become the haven of two major powers: the Turks in Asia Minor, and the Mongols in the Levant and Egypt, both Allied. The Turks recently launched a rather intensive campaign against my rather unprotected provinces there. The first major battle actually involved a small invasion force on its way to try to take Trebizond, equipped with the best Bombards I had, a contingent of Balkan Archers, 3 units of Byzantine Infantry, 2 Varangians and 2 units of Byzantine Lancers. The Turkish army bore down on them over a river, and the battle was met just on the way past it. Deploying on a large hill, my force held a commanding position, with many units hidden in the bushes atop it. Outnumbered as I was, I had a feeling I could hold the position, a feeling bolstered all the more by a lucky shot by my bombards that took out the enemy general! Battle was joined in earnest when my unit of Lancers engaged the enemy Siphah cavalry who were making an annoyance of themselves on my right, peppering my gun crews in revenge for the opening shots. Disaster then struck as the Siphah's cut my captain down in close combat!

The Turks then started to make their way up my hill, a hell storm of bombard shots flying down on them, as arrows from both sides began to open up. A head on charge by the recently departed generals body guard slammed into my Varangians, throwing their ranks into disarray through the sheer impact , following the attack up with a mass of infantry, causing one unit of Varangians to flee! Their reputation obviously didn't quite match their skill this day! Still, the rest of my infantry held firm, refusing to give ground, slaughtering much of the Turkish force as it reached them. Choosing this moment to strike, my remaining group of Lancers burst forth from their hiding place, engaging the Turkish infantry in the rear, only to be cut down themselves by... those damned Siphahs. The Turks then pulled back off the hill, leaving the now bloodied, but still breathing remains of my army atop, and defiant. My bombards were still proving useful, taking out swathes of troops in fiery explosions, even managing to remove the enemy catapults from the equation. With my infantry commanding such a powerful position however, the enemy commander pulled all his forces off the hill, and began to shower my forces. The infantry and the remainder of the Varangians that actually held their ground with no major losses, but with no major offensive force to take the fight back to the enemy, it was left to my ranged armoury to try to fight the enemy. With little luck. Resigning themselves to their fate, my infantry charged down the hill... and you can guess what happened.

The taking of my city however was not nearly as interesting or noteworthy. Lacking enough archers to hold them back, my Byzantine spearmen proved effective at slowing the enemies, admittedly softening them up for the near arrival of my reinforcements in my next turn, but the fortress fell fairly easily in the end.

So now, with Venetian dogs and Hungarian pirates roaming my seas, and the Turks pressing deep into my territory, it looks grim for the Byzantine Empire right now. But, the veteran of the Balkans campaign is on his way, a fresh force is being mustered throughout the provinces, and with any luck, things will turn my way soon...

EDIT: Changed Dates. Apparently I got them all wrong! I'm in the 1310s now.
    Last edited by Stalins Ghost; November 13, 2006 at 07:17 AM.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

frozenburrito's Avatar Foederatus

Awesome story Stalin. I can't wait to play Byzantines. Do they have access to later gunpowder units or not? I thought they didn't, but in your story you talk of upgrading your naval forces to contend with the Latin gunpowder ships and your army in Trebizond had a bombard cannon (mercenary?). It'd be interesting if they did because I was a little upset when I read Byzantines would not have gunpowder units...

Also, what year does the gunpowder event occur?

Yes, excellent story. One thing that I love is the way you can affect one battle by fighting a certain way in another. If you're engaging an army on its way to your castle, you can focus on taking out their artillery to make the siege easier. The individual battles can play out like you want them to and I love it.

The Byzantines do get certain gunpowder units - namely bombards, some naval units with them etc, but the main thing they don't get is gunpowder infantry - so no handgunners, arquebuisiers or musketeers. This definitely puts them at a disadvantage particuarly in the very late end of the game.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

I'm playing as England and have only just gotten around to conquering Wales. My army was led by Prince Rufus and consisted of 4 Mailed Knights, 3 Peasant Archers and 5 Levy Spears. The Welsh garrison had 3 Levy Spears and 4 Welsh Longbows. I knew there was no way I could get my knights near their castle without massive losses, so I built two towers (and two ladders for backup) and send the spears in to take the walls. Sadly for me it seems that the AI has finally learned how to defend an assault, and the longbows on the walls were able to burn down both the towers taking a lot of my spears with them. I had to use the ladders, and was only able to win because I sacrificed two units of spears on the walls (hold position, close formation) keeping the longbows busy while my own archers scaled another section of wall which looked onto the Welsh archers flank. From there I pelted the wall with arrows killing all of my own spears but also enough of the Welsh to make them rout, at which point I walked my archers around to take the gatehouse, my knights rushed through and it was over. I think I ended the battle with about a dozen spearmen left alive. That's a recurring theme I'm noticing so far, that you really do have to sacrifice cheap infantry sometimes to get a win. I suppose that's very realistic at least. I don't think my serfs will be thanking me for it though
    Forever in your arms, you said, forever in my heart
    My love for you will make us both climb higher

And so the story continues!

It is 1322, and since the Fall of Niceas in 1316, I've been mustering forces from across the Empire - Byzantine Infantry levied from Constantinople itself, as well as Varangians too. From Smyrna Archers and cavalry were brought forth to try to lure the Turks from the castle. Encountering rebel forces along the way one captain Mavros Bringas shone brightly in combat, proving himself worthy of joining the ranks of the Byzantine War Machine's think tank. Continuing up the road to Nicea, as I intended, the Turks left their hold to dispatch of Mavros' detachment, consisting of the aforementioned archers and cavalry. Against a vastly superior foe however, they had to be set on a large hill, with one section of steep incline, allowing the archers to rain arrows down upon the Turkish ranks. The fighting was vicious, with the Turks facing a stiff torrent of arrows, many falling on the way up, eventually they reached the top, a bitter melee erupting atop the hill. The archers fought hard considering their comparative lack of equipment, even managing to inflict casualties on a contingent of Armenian cavalry, but eventually their blade was turned, and they were forced to flee. Few survived, and the Turks, in their malice decided to execute the survivors of the rout. Despite this, Mavros survived to fight another day, and fled back to Smyrna to raise the defenses, as well as dispatching 6 bombards to aid the siege of Nicea via a sea infested with Hungarian privateers. With the Nicean defense force out in the middle of the Nicea region, Patros the Mean, hero of the Balkans campaigning (funny, since I actually know a Patros in real life...) and the combined forces of the Empire landed on the Turkish side of the Hellespont, and prepared to march on Nicea. The campaign must be swift, for Turkish armies are descending across the whole of Asia Minor, and holding Nicea will be vital for the defense.

Elsewhere in the empire, a modernised fleet of Laternas has been constructed to combat the threat of the Venetian fleets, with a number of small victories already lying under its belt. If success continues, Venetian sea power may well be all but broken if I can blockade the ports with safety. The Aegean and Black Sea both act as a haven for Hungarian pirates, and it will take a concerted effort to break their power and restore the waters to Byzantine control.

This publication will now be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68472, due to the writer becoming somewhat ego fueled and wanting his own thread. Greedy bastard!
    Last edited by Stalins Ghost; November 13, 2006 at 09:50 AM.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Enjoyed reading about all of your exploits! For my part, here's a summary of my Campaign experience so far.

Had a bit of a reminisce about the original medieval before deciding on who I wanted to play as. I played the original medieval as the English, French and Moors. I decided that this time round I should go with a faction I hadn’t played with previously, but one that would also be challenging. As such, I settle on the HRE, and so far so good!

Almost immediately upon starting I received a mission from the Pope to capture Magdeburg from the heathen Rebel scum occupying it, for the glory of his holiness and Christendom. Okey dokey mister high and mighty holy Popie boss man, said I! I set about improving my settlements, building up some troops and prepping for an assault on Magdeburg. The Pope kindly gave me 15 turns to complete the mission, so I had time on my side.

Looking around me I realised that there were quite a number of Rebel states around my lands, acting as a buffer zone between me and my neighbours, and offering ample opportunities for early expansion. As such, I decided that I quite liked the idea of having Prague as my own personal fortress in the east, and Bologna was also urgently in need of development, being, as it was, ideally placed to exploit the wealth and riches of Northern Italy.

My plans were trundling along nicely, I was establishing friendly relations and trade rights with all of my neighbours and things were relatively peaceful in Christendom. That was, at least, until envy got the better of the Venitians and they decided to stab me in the back by attacking Bologna. With the majority of my strength gathered in the recently conquered Prague, poised to strike at Magdeburg, I was ill prepared to deal with this surprise attack. I mustered what troops I could and sent them from Innsbruck south over the Alps to relieve the beleaguered city. With no roads to speak of there was little chance they would arrive in time, and sure enough the town was assaulted while the relief force was still in transit. Bologna barely managed to hold off the assault and turn back the Venitians, but with a valiant effort they did so and the Venitians scurried back to Venice with their tails between their legs.

As one can imagine, I was furious at such treachery. As it happens, so too was the Pope. He swiftly excommunicated Venice for its breach of the peace. I was delighted, now I could contemplate and plot my revenge without fear of Papal retribution. With the recently arrived relief force from Innsbruck and my re-supplied and retrained garrison, we set off with a large force to teach Venice the penalty for betrayal. While laying siege to Venice, we succeeded in crushing a Venitian relief force from Zagreb while also obliterating the garrison force that sallied forth believing themselves saved. The city fell and, in my benevolence, I spared the city and it’s population any further suffering (nothing to do with the fact that, in so doing, I gained an extremely prosperous and wealthy metropolis).

While all of this was happening in the South, the justification for the forces amassed in Prague evaporated when the Danes liberated Magdeburg. Although I didn’t get any credit for this from the Pope, it freed me to focus on the thorn in my side that was Venice. Refusing to pay for ransomed prisoners and rejecting all efforts at reconciliation, they dogged persisted in their animosity towards me. I was left with little choice but to teach them another lesson.

In a carefully choreographed pincer movement, one army swept down from Prague in the north. Meanwhile my battle hardened forced in Northern Italy took ship from Venice, landed on the beaches south of Zagreb and marched swiftly to the gates of city’s, completing it's encirclement from the south. With armies attacking the city from two sides, it fell in no time at all. I was jubilant, relishing the fact that I had now brought these treacherous curs to theirs knees. All they had left was a large castle to the south, in Ragusa. Tired and weary of all this fighting, my King left a large garrison force in Zagreb and set upon the long road back to Bologna to re-supply and retrain his battered troops. But the Venitians had one more trick up their sleeves!

On the road home a large Venitian army sprang from the Alpine passes and set upon the King and his moderate force. Realising himself caught at a major disadvantage, the King attempted to withdraw to safety. However, the Venitian pursued and cornered his small army on a barren mountainside in southern Slovenia. With little hope of survival the brave Emperor and his Imperial troops faced the Venitians and their fate, exacting a heavy toll on them before succumbing to superior numbers. It was a sad moment for the Empire, but it hardened the resolve of all our subjects. All southern armies were mustered and bitter revenge exacted upon the perpetrators of this black deed. The murderous Venitian army was pursued, cornered and massacred.

Now, the son of the Emperor sits upon the throne, contemplating the loss of a father and the prospect of sweet revenge. He looks to the south where a lone castle still stands, the last bastion of a once great trading nation. He petitions the Pope to declare a Crusade, builds siege engines, and marshals his forces! He has sworn upon his fathers’ grave to exact final retribution upon a Godless people! He’ll also soon need to have a cosy chat with the Pope about the Poles. It seems they’ve taken a shining to Prague and, at this very moment are marching south to the Castle gates!

Great stuff Derkon.

Admittedly I never did play the HRE in MTW1 either. I may have to give them a go after the Byzantines!
    morecuriousthanbold.com