Thread: Ultimate Way To Make Your Campaign Harder, Has Anyone Tried This?

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon4 Ultimate Way To Make Your Campaign Harder, Has Anyone Tried This?

I should have thought about this earlier but it isn't too late, I have 2 Romuli campaigns, first one the Uruks are all gone, second they almost are after a long bloody war with heavy losses on both sides. Anyway, has anyone ever given 1 million florins to each faction in the game? I was thinking of getting diplomats and giving 1 million to each faction in the game using cheats of course. Do you guys think this would make it so hard that it would be almost impossible to win?

Default Re: Ultimate Way To Make Your Campaign Harder, Has Anyone Tried This?

Honestly that sounds like a terrible time to me. It'd result in hundreds of stacks of enemies. So many battles that don't result in much progress.

In my Lao Che campaign there are dozens of stacks wandering around the place. It's actually very aggravating to destroy 1 stack just for two to take its place.

In one of my Roman Campaigns I have the entire southern Continent conquered, there are no Uruks or Lao Che left and all of Syriana is conquered except for 3 settlements in Nothern Syriana who are owned by my allies, the Pale Knights and about half of the middle continent where the pirate, spaniard, spaniard barbarians, germans and tahar faction are owned by me. You still think it would be a bad idea for that campaign? That would result in a huge naval force for all factions. Still, due to my Empire having many cities I can also make a huge army and Navy.

Should I give the enemy/allied factions less than 1 million or stick with that? I really don't know what to do and I haven't been playing because of this, I need to know what I should to first.
    Last edited by Bellus88; February 18, 2015 at 01:34 AM.

I am gonna give each faction 1 million anyway, doing this at the start of the game before the Uruks and Greek city states are conquered would probably be almost impossible since it would result in huge stacks of the Uruk dominion invading you while you would not be generating enough money to recruit large armies.

On my 2nd Roman campaign which I am playing now, before I give out the 1 million to each faction, I am going to conquer the rest of the Dominion, there are only 3 settlements left and I have all the Greek area conquered, this should be enough for me to defend my Empire against the Lao che hordes after I give them and every other faction in the game 1 million. I will make a save once all my diplomats are in position, I plan on giving each faction 1 million at the same time in 1 turn.

This mod already has replenishment rates that are too high. Couple that with more money and you'll be fighting many pointless battles every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    This mod already has replenishment rates that are too high. Couple that with more money and you'll be fighting many pointless battles every turn.

My intention is to make the campaign harder, on VH/VH with the realbadai improvement mod (really don't think it does anything) , it is still way too easy so the human player (me) has a major advantage over the AI in every battle. I usually only lose if the enemy heavily out numbers me or they attack a settlement that does not have a huge garrison and I can't get to it in time.

This is why the AI needs and advantage of its own, I don't think I would fight so many pointless battles, if I am attacking an enemy region I just need to make sure I get to their settlement in each province as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Bellus88; February 27, 2015 at 06:26 AM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Your picture won't work.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

others comment about 'pointless battles' but if you enjoy battles and like fighting for your life then i say go ahead! post back your results and screenies too!
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

I still haven't done it, I have been neglecting this mod a lot in favor of playing other games. I am having a problem though, do any cheats work with this mod? It would be much easier if I got just spawn diplomats in cities that can recruit them. I need to get diplomats in position in every factions territory then use money cheats and give each faction 1 million florrins in 1 turn. It would be a lot easier if I could just spawn diplomats instead of recruiting them all.

Is anyone able to use unit spawn cheats to get a diplomat? Would really appreciate it if anyone could try it in their current campaign, could just reload your save afterwards if you feel guilty about cheating. I know the forum for this Mod is a little dead but I hope someone can try it, I really need help since it would be a real hassle to recruit that many diplomats, would need more than 10 due to all the factions.

Just edit the descr_strat text file instead so they all start off with a ton of money.

Check under common\Medieval II Total War\mods\theraV4\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

That might take long.
    Last edited by Bellus88; July 16, 2015 at 06:43 AM.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Sounds like a pointless route. There are probably other ways to make the GP more challenging in the least. Involving changes to scripts, and tweaks to UR. Like a decent garrison script for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by eatme View Post
    Sounds like a pointless route. There are probably other ways to make the GP more challenging in the least. Involving changes to scripts, and tweaks to UR. Like a decent garrison script for starters.
    I don't think it is pointless, having hordes of armies attacking you does make it harder. I tried improving the AI, I use one ai improvement mod but I don't know if it actually makes it more difficult and if it does, the difference is probably minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    Just edit the descr_strat text file instead so they all start off with a ton of money.

Check under common\Medieval II Total War\mods\theraV4\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    But are you able to do that with a campaign already in progress? I don't wanna restart my campaign and it would probably be impossible anyway if you started a campaign with all factions having 1 million except you, the only way to effectively fight hordes is to already have an established Empire so you can create 1-3 full stack armies every turn.

It looks like I am gonna have to recruit over 10 diplomats and put them in every factions region so I can give them each 1 million credits at the same time, this might be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post

Using diplomats and cheats to give the factions money isn't working, many factions stupidly decline large sums of money and I am at the Agent limit so even if they did accept money, I would not beable to give each faction the money all in 1 turn.

Do you know if you can edit this file and make the AI have more money with a current campaign? If each AI faction started out with 1 million at the very start of your campaign then it would be almost impossible since there would be hordes of enemies while your Empire does not have many regions yet. I wanted to make them have more money in my current campaign since my Empire is big enough to defend themselves and recruit large armies every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus88 View Post
    Using diplomats and cheats to give the factions money isn't working, many factions stupidly decline large sums of money and I am at the Agent limit so even if they did accept money, I would not beable to give each faction the money all in 1 turn.

Do you know if you can edit this file and make the AI have more money with a current campaign? If each AI faction started out with 1 million at the very start of your campaign then it would be almost impossible since there would be hordes of enemies while your Empire does not have many regions yet. I wanted to make them have more money in my current campaign since my Empire is big enough to defend themselves and recruit large armies every turn.
    you can use character_reset "name" to reset the movement points of your diplomat, and when you offer money always offer it as gift, even if the gift button is grey or has the red X on it still push it and they should take the money 100% of the time

ex: character_reset "William Marshal"

if you want to reset a fleet you gota type character_reset "Admiral name"