Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hubal: Total War - a planned Arab overhaul mod for Attila

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Hubal: Total War - a planned Arab overhaul mod for Attila

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    I'm curious to know, if you're Islamic, would it be against your religion to depict the Holy Prophet in a video game?

I think this is a great idea for a mod by the way, I raised the idea only yesterday or Monday, when I saw that the campaign was only a century or two away from the monumental rise of Islam - which had some pretty far reaching consequences, like as far as Spain for example.
    I am not Muslim but I will not be depicting the Prophet Muhammad in any mod I make out of respect for those who are, I do however actually plan on making a mod set in the time of Umar ibn al-Khattab after I finish this one.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Brivime View Post
    I am not Muslim but I will not be depicting the Prophet Muhammad in any mod I make out of respect for those who are, I do however actually plan on making a mod set in the time of Umar ibn al-Khattab after I finish this one.

I LOVE YOU
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

You seem like quite the Islamist! It's an area I need to research more, fascinating time period. I'm a Crusader scholar myself so more interested in the Medieval Arab world, but would love to play this mod when you make it.

I do however actually plan on making a mod set in the time of Umar ibn al-Khattab after I finish this one.
    It blows my mind that there isn't a single Total War mod about this yet.

Altering the world to make the time period sounds like quite the task, Arabia wasn't the only thing that changed. Will you be looking to partner with anyone else to help you create the world of the 7th century?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeaconBosco View Post
    Altering the world to make the time period sounds like quite the task, Arabia wasn't the only thing that changed. Will you be looking to partner with anyone else to help you create the world of the 7th century?
    Most definitely I will be looking to form a team, I do not have enough time of my own or historical knowledge about the rest of the world in this period to do all that by my self.

Are you offering a hand?

Quote Originally Posted by katsusand View Post
    It blows my mind that there isn't a single Total War mod about this yet.
    I think many people here are afraid it will be offensive, I have already explained why it's just like any other period (IE Crusades) in the "Rise of Islam" thread.

Solam's Avatar Libertus

I'm waiting for this mod .. I will try to help you if you want .. I will try to gather information in year 395 and around it ..

Little preview at my first unit that I'm working on, these are Tier 2 Arab Lancers the difference between them and Tier 1 is that when you upgrade these it improves their armor stats a bit and they have some leather armor mixed in.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

These are still WIP, I am experimenting with the slots in VMDs to make it so some have just hair, some have turbans, some with their faces covered by cloth and others have the helmets from the screenshots.

Tier 1 will have very scarce helmets, 0.3 probability with more turbans and hair showing. Tier 3 will have some chainmail (0.5 probability) and a few Sassanid style conic helmets.

The reason I upgrade the armor with each tier is to simulate that the unit is gaining veterancy and looting the more it fights.
    This is historically accurate of Arab armies, if some of you feel you would like this removed in favor of "Light" and "Medium" lancers please let me know.

Full rosters should be going up tomorrow.

Also I am fixing the clipping with the armbands don't worry.

All screenshots use my More Eastern Beards mod which you can get here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ern-Beards-mod!
    Last edited by Brivime; February 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

fantastic mate, nice work

I think the region in general could do well with the addition of various Nomadic Arab tribes. However, I would make them start with few buildings and a small number of troops, that way the AI can't use them to raze or sack their way across the map. On top of that, some of them could be in tributary status or merely allied to one of the settled tribes/kingdoms, in order to lean the AI into keeping them in the desert.

Of course, if you'd rather not create them that is fine by me.

The mod's not dead! I'm just super busy with other academic stuff at the moment, progress goes on though and I'm trying to fix a crash when playing as Lakhmids.

Glad to hear it. I look forward to it

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Good luck, this is the roster overhaul mod I was hoping to see announced. Too much indifference and simple approach to arab factions. At last history provided lot of Majestic sassanid units, being fantasy units addicted is twice more pointless.

I'm really excited to see your first creations asap!

Glad to be getting some Eastern love!

Because there hasn't been a time period for Ibn yet.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; April 05, 2015 at 06:05 AM. Reason: double post merged

I wish you a good luck in creating this, it is interesting to see these pre-islamic Arabs. too bad the map cannot be edited to include more settlements in the middle east.

nice mod but if you want to add a Jewish faction the i think that the kingdom of Hiymar will be more suitable since they embraced Judaism at this time frame.

Unfortunately my hard-drive was corrupted and I lost all of my current work on the mod however with the release of the new mod tools work continues faster than ever.

Speechless very good, very unfortunate about hard drive! Happened to me fairly recently lost a great deal of my academic work, due to a scam!
    Anyway great work

Late game heavy infantry concept based off another of Osprey's brilliant illustrations.

Right now I'm trying to work around clipping issues with the chainmail mask.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast