Thread: Question about artillery

Default Question about artillery

First off, I like the mod.

Having said that, I like vanilla artillery better. I know that field artillery is largely ahistorical, and I appreciate your attempts. But I really like artillery, and personally I am willing to compromise on that.

So my question is, since artillery appears to be immobile...what would I edit in the pack file to allow me to have it move again? Not asking you guys to make it mobile in the mod, you have your vision. I've been browsing around using pack file manager when I haven't been working or reading for work, and don't see anything that yells at me "this is the table with the information".

(full disclosure, I also edit the scripts for whatever faction I'm playing to get all the reforms in the first few turns, I have frustration and disappointment all day as a job and don't need it in my video games)

Cheers,
    dhampy

Default Re: Question about artillery

Quote Originally Posted by dhampy View Post
    First off, I like the mod.

Having said that, I like vanilla artillery better. I know that field artillery is largely ahistorical, and I appreciate your attempts. But I really like artillery, and personally I am willing to compromise on that.

So my question is, since artillery appears to be immobile...what would I edit in the pack file to allow me to have it move again? Not asking you guys to make it mobile in the mod, you have your vision. I've been browsing around using pack file manager when I haven't been working or reading for work, and don't see anything that yells at me "this is the table with the information".

(full disclosure, I also edit the scripts for whatever faction I'm playing to get all the reforms in the first few turns, I have frustration and disappointment all day as a job and don't need it in my video games)

Cheers,
    dhampy
    Hi dhampy

Thanks for your question, instead of complaining

You need the following db/table: "cac_battlefield_engines" and the rightmost column is named "can_move". Just check the box for the battlefield engines that shall be movable and you are good to go

Feel free to share it as a submod, since other players may think likewise?

Cheers
    iutland

Default Re: Question about artillery

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Hi dhampy

Thanks for your question, instead of complaining

You need the following db/table: "cac_battlefield_engines" and the rightmost column is named "can_move". Just check the box for the battlefield engines that shall be movable and you are good to go

Feel free to share it as a submod, since other players may think likewise?

Cheers
    iutland
    Thanks for the tip.

I'll see what I can do about sharing.

As for complaining, I like to think I'm beyond petty complaining about things other people have taken the time and effort to make which they then provide to the world for free.