View Poll Results: How do you like to see the results?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Text-based

12 75.00%
  • Excel image

4 25.00%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update: 26. December 2016

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update 22. February 2014

I don't have time atm to run thru all the benchmarks after patch but I did do a couple.
    AMD FX-8350
    Gigabyte HD7870 2GB
    8 GB Ram

Before.....
    Quality.................29.6
    After patch
    Quality...............29.8

Before.....
    Performance........42.9
    After patch
    Performance.......43.2

*Edit*
    Did try the Max Performance and it is actually worse by 2 FPS.
    Before......54.9
    After.........52.6

So much for optimization for AMD cards huh.........
    Last edited by Achilleslastand; March 04, 2015 at 12:34 PM.

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update 22. February 2014

Has anyone with a AMD GPU tried virtual super resolution which was included with last drivers http://www.pcworld.com/article/28568...s-drivers.html If so what are results?

At least MSAA on AMD cards has improved a lot.

7970@1050Mhz
    Extreme settings before/after:
    avg: 15 -> 21 fps
    min: 12 -> 16
    max:18 -> 24

VRAM usage also went down from 2871 to 2743 MB

Other benchmarks and memory usage staid pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Has anyone with a AMD GPU tried virtual super resolution which was included with last drivers http://www.pcworld.com/article/28568...s-drivers.html If so what are results?
    I tried it out for you, fps drops quite a bit, but it looks really nice. Also the UI is much smaller, so thats another thing to consider. No need for any anti-aliasing running though. I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of the black bars around the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmck View Post
    I tried it out for you, fps drops quite a bit, but it looks really nice. Also the UI is much smaller, so thats another thing to consider. No need for any anti-aliasing running though. I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of the black bars around the screen.
    This only works for current AMD cards{290 and 280} series I believe although I read somewhere in a future driver it would be available to older cards as well.

Well, the new patch is a disappointment. AMD cpu and v-card here, no performance improvement whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    This only works for current AMD cards{290 and 280} series I believe although I read somewhere in a future driver it would be available to older cards as well.
    Ya I've got the 290x so it works on mine. Edges look much, much better. But you lose a decent amount of fps (depends on what resolution you choose), small ui and black bars around the screen (at least on my monitor). I would definitely do it on an SLI setup, but im not rich enough for that.

Mine is the same as before no improvements at all. I'm done.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

thanks for your reports guys, sorry I am late on integrating your posted results but I am very very busy in RL at the moment, thanks for your patience. I will not abandon this thread, regardless if the performance patch does help or not.

Keep your results coming please I will take care about them sooner or later.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

CPU: Intel i7-4790k @4Ghz GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 WindForce 3X OC
    RAM:8 GB RAM 1333 Mhz CL9 OS: Windows 7 64bit Resolution: 1920x1080p

pre patch -> after patch

extreme quality (needs 3-4 GB VRAM):
    min FPS: 16 -> 14
    avg FPS: 22,1 -> 19,6
    max FPS: 28 -> 28

maximum quality:
    min FPS: 31 -> 29
    avg FPS: 39,9 -> 40
    max FPS: 48 -> 54

quality:
    min FPS: 34 -> 34
    avg FPS: 48 -> 44,4
    max FPS: 64 -> 68

performance:
    min FPS: 49 -> 49
    avg FPS: 62 -> 61,9
    max FPS: 89 -> 83

maximum performance:
    min FPS: 58 -> 58
    avg FPS: 86,5 -> 86,6
    max FPS: 134 -> 132
    Attached Files Attached Files

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - open - last update 17. February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by A Barbarian View Post
    New AMD drivers will probably be released in the next days according to an AMD representative

Since SLI and MSAA is currently borked on AMD cards I will wait for those drivers until I perform some benchmarks. Hopefully they will include Attila optimizations (but that's by far not ensured, lol).
    hi Barb, any changes news here?

I am going to include a lot of results that have been submitted earlier. Sorry for being overdue, I'll list them in this posting and the changelog later on.

Hi Mr. Freud. Where did have you bought that RAM I cannot find it across Germany (2666 MHz CL13 at just 1.35Volts - wow)
    could you run the other presets please if you have the time?

I've included the following results today:

Spartan IV, with 3.8 (stock clock), fixed his GPU vendor in addtion
    Fresco
    JohnMCK
    Booker (lower res)
    z3n (SLI only)
    Mr. Freud (SLI only)

I've had to write pm to some of the participants as they hadn't optimal settings again. Hope for their feedback and retesting. Disappointing to see that the patch was again not helpful but we know this story of false "improvement" patches for Rome 2 already. I have no idea how CA estimate their performance gains, if not using the benchmark.

There are some more good results, but in case I've not included them the CPU-z log is missing. Please take care to post it, so I can gather the exact tech specs.

Thanks again to anyone that contributed here so far with valid results or discussion. Keep it up. Unfortunately the thread got a out of sight since it is placed in the tech subforum of Attila.

I will request a sticky.

yours,
    al Qamar
    Last edited by alQamar; March 14, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - open - last update 17. February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    hi Barb, any changes news here?
    Only bad news. New driver is now supposed to arrive at the 19th March. But maybe it will at least contain a proper Attila CF profile (that is if it isn't CA who needs to fix it).

AMDs driver and especially SLI support is almost non-existent lately. No new profiles/driver for 4 months. Such a joke.
    Now waiting for the GTX980TI (or whatever it will be called) to upgrade. Will be slower than my 2x7970 though, lol. But at least it will have downsampling support (which AMD doesn't want to provide for the 7970).

Latest leaked (=might not be accurate) GPU benchmarks (GM 200 cut will probably be named GTX980TI and GTX9*** might be the GTX960TI)

Last edited by A Barbarian; March 14, 2015 at 09:54 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update 14. March 2015

Thanks for sharing. I've read on another german forum that the AMD driver should be released tomorrow. Hope that anyone here will take some time to provide updated benchmark results. I am looking forward to it.
    I don't get the chart yet. 19 games performance maximum settings... I am confused. Are they talking about Attila at all or 19 different games.

Are they talking about Attila at all or 19 different games.
    It's a summary of 19 different games. Gives a good general comparison between different cards.

CPUZ LOG --> http://pastebin.com/cweMpm8F

Intel Core i 7 5820K,3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM 2100 MHz Snap jaw Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, Windows 8.1 pro 64bit, Resolution 1920x1080p, no SLI

extreme quality (needs 3-4 GB VRAM):
    max FPS: 43
    min FPS: 0
    avg FPS: 35.3

maximum quality:
    max FPS: 63
    avg FPS: 48.3

quality:
    max FPS: 80
    avg FPS: 50.3

performance:
    max FPS: 101
    avg FPS: 77.7

maximum performance:
    max FPS: 196
    avg FPS: 139

satyrus's Avatar Civis

have someone tested the new nvidia driver 347.88 from today?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

not yet? Wasn't even aware about the update, thought it was just an update for Nvidia Experience. Is the AMD driver out however?

Quote Originally Posted by Duram View Post
    CPUZ LOG --> http://pastebin.com/cweMpm8F

Intel Core i 7 5820K,3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM 2100 MHz Snap jaw Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, Windows 8.1 pro 64bit, Resolution 1920x1080p, no SLI
    Thanks for posting I will investigate that result as it seems to be indeed very weird, no one had 0 fps in all presets so far. I hope I can find a reason for that issue,

not yet? Wasn't even aware about the update, thought it was just an update for Nvidia Experience. Is the AMD driver out however?

Thanks for posting I will investigate that result as it seems to be indeed very weird, no one had 0 fps in all presets so far. I hope I can find a reason for that issue,
    I'm going off that graph post benchmark and it shows 0 right at the start lol.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Duram View Post
    I'm going off that graph post benchmark and it shows 0 right at the start lol.
    can you provide at least one screenshot of the benchmark graph?

AMD delayed their drivers again without new date, lol. Unbelievable but they are indeed worse than CA with their software quality and schedule.