View Poll Results: How do you like to see the results?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Text-based

12 75.00%
  • Excel image

4 25.00%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update: 26. December 2016

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update 22. February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by A Barbarian View Post
    At the moment, the GTX970 and the R9 290X are about the same speed until u use 4xMSAA. Then the GTX970 is faster. MSAA optimization is really lacking in the AMD drivers. That was always the case when compared to NVIDIA and even more so in Attila. According to these benchmarks activating 4xMSAA in Attila costs the GTX980 9% performance, thereas for the 290x the framerate drops by 32% .

AMDs hardware is potentially more capable (e.g. much more memory bandwidth) but NVIDIA makes better use of their hardware (e.g. texture compression, much better driver optimizations for slower CPUs compared to AMD, ...).

AMD also just posted a job opening for GPU driver optimization . So maybe in 6 months we can see the beginning of better driver optimizations from AMDs side
    I'd replace those 7970's....next gpu launch?

Got your pm Alqamar. Guess I have to uninstall gem...

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update 22. February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    I'd replace those 7970's....next gpu launch?
    I am essentially waiting for the GTX980TI. The GTX980 with just 4GB VRAM and 256bit wide memory bus is not really attractive for a SLI system. Especially at the current price.

I want to do the benchmark, i already have everything. The only ting that is missing is the Intel Chipset driver. I´m not sure if i have the latest one.

I used the one that is on Gigabyte website but i was told that that is not the latest.

i have a Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Rev 2.0 motherboard.

The IntelŽ H81 Express Chipset drivers date is 2013/10/18

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by booker View Post
    I want to do the benchmark, i already have everything. The only ting that is missing is the Intel Chipset driver. I´m not sure if i have the latest one.

I used the one that is on Gigabyte website but i was told that that is not the latest.

i have a Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Rev 2.0 motherboard.

The IntelŽ H81 Express Chipset drivers date is 2013/10/18
    That looks like the latest chipset driver to me too. I was flagged down for having an old BIOS verison, but my board was purchased in 2013, and the latest BIOS was from 2013. Basically, I wouldn't worry about it. Go ahead and post your results.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Ok cool then. I will upload my benchmark. But something is not good. I will explain later.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Can anyone recommend a decent video card to replace my radeon 5870? The 1 GB of memory seems to be a huge issue. I'm looking for something in the $100-$200 range. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    Can anyone recommend a decent video card to replace my radeon 5870? The 1 GB of memory seems to be a huge issue. I'm looking for something in the $100-$200 range. Thanks.
    The best options around the $200 USD mark are the R9 285, R9 280X, and GTX 960. The Attila benchmarks floating around on the web sometimes show the 280X and 285 stomping the GTX 960, then others show the GTX 960 embarrassing the R9 290/290X. Personally, I find the former more believable than the later, but I don't have first hand experience with these cards. I'd like to see more benchmark results before I give a recommendation for team green or red.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; February 23, 2015 at 02:08 PM.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    The best options around the $200 USD mark are the R9 285, R9 280X, and GTX 960. The Attila benchmarks floating around on the web sometimes show the 280X and 285 stomping the GTX 960, then others show the GTX 960 embarrassing the R9 290/290X. Personally, I find the former more believable than the later, but I don't have first hand experience with these cards. I'd like to see more benchmark results before I give a recommendation for team green or red.
    Thanks for the advice. And your estimation in regard to performance on my system from another thread is spot on. (I bought the game yesterday.) I can run the game at medium texture quality and below with increasingly higher fps the lower I set them. Generally, I've unfortunately found there's no real exceptional middle ground . The quality/performance settings at both medium and small texture quality surprisingly don't perform much worse than at the maximum performance setting. This is what leads me to believe the lack of video memory is the biggest obstacle for me now.

Again, thanks. I'm like ten years behind now on hardware so I'm having a hard time keeping up.

Default Re: How does the game perform with your hardware?

Hopefully is ok

intel Core i5 4460 ,3.2 GHz, 8GB RAM 1600 MHz, Sapphire 280 3GB, Windows 7 Ult 64bit, Resolution 1680x1050, no SLI

extreme quality
    max FPS: 19
    min FPS: 11
    avg FPS: 15.2

maximum quality:
    max FPS: 36
    min FPS: 24
    avg FPS: 29.4

quality:
    max FPS: 51
    min FPS: 26
    avg FPS: 37.3

performance:
    max FPS: 66
    min FPS: 41
    avg FPS: 52.3

maximum performance:
    max FPS: 101
    min FPS: 44
    avg FPS: 67

CPU-Z
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3_...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by booker; February 23, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Default Re: How does the game perform with your hardware?

Hopefully is ok

intel Core i5 4460 ,3.2 GHz, 8GB RAM 1600 MHz, Sapphire 280 3GB, Windows 7 Ult 64bit, Resolution 1680x1050, no SLI

extreme quality
    max FPS: 19
    min FPS: 11
    avg FPS: 15.2

maximum quality:
    max FPS: 36
    min FPS: 24
    avg FPS: 29.4

quality:
    max FPS: 51
    min FPS: 26
    avg FPS: 37.3

performance:
    max FPS: 66
    min FPS: 41
    avg FPS: 52.3

maximum performance:
    max FPS: 101
    min FPS: 44
    avg FPS: 67

CPU-Z
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3_...ew?usp=sharing
    Are you able to enable VSR and run this at 1920x1080? I imagine your native resolution is only 1680x1050.

My native resolution is that. Although I could use my tv which is 1080p.

What is vsr?

Nevermind. I just found that my card doesn't support vsr yet. It will on next omega releAse.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Nevermind. I just found that my card doesn't support vsr yet. It will on next omega releAse.
    any chance to rerun with 1080p, please? Ofc if you technically cannot, I will include your results in a new section.

For those guest reading this thread but not having an TWC account, please post your results and linked CPU-Z here in the official Steam group and related discussion thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/325610...8415072271104/

Thanks!
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Did some testing with the AMD FX-8350 with cores parked/unparked with quite similar results.
    From Max Performance to Extreme Quality.

Parked Unparked
    54.9 53.9
    42.9 42.0
    29.6 30.2
    21.9 21.7
    10.6 10.8

I wanted to try this after reading some users had actually seen gains in certain games{not necessarily TW}. I am not at all shocked at the results and maybe the patch in a few days will bring about better performance.

Civis

A few things i`ve noticed :
    -Do not use the "optimal settings" for the benchmark either
    does the setting change somehow when the recommended button is pressed?
    i didnt notice it becoming custom...

- Attila doesn't save any log files - again- for the benchmarking process. If you got a "downgrade message" due to insufficient video memory please do not submit this results as it is not comparable - it has individual downgrades
    when would one get a ´downgrade message´? i heard rome 2 had some kind of automatic downgrade without a message, hence the unlimited video memory option.

-Only use unlimited video memory if you use an inbuild on die CPU like AMD Axxx CPU, Intel HDxxxx -umm , do you mean GPU then?
    and does the AV really interfere with this?

Also do we need to keep a manual watch then to get the minimum and maximum fps?
    the benchmark does not seem to display them ,at the end just the average.

Quote Originally Posted by revan.be View Post
    A few things i`ve noticed :
    -Do not use the "optimal settings" for the benchmark either
    does the setting change somehow when the recommended button is pressed?
    i didnt notice it becoming custom...

- Attila doesn't save any log files - again- for the benchmarking process. If you got a "downgrade message" due to insufficient video memory please do not submit this results as it is not comparable - it has individual downgrades
    when would one get a ´downgrade message´? i heard rome 2 had some kind of automatic downgrade without a message, hence the unlimited video memory option.

-Only use unlimited video memory if you use an inbuild on die CPU like AMD Axxx CPU, Intel HDxxxx -umm , do you mean GPU then?
    and does the AV really interfere with this?

Also do we need to keep a manual watch then to get the minimum and maximum fps?
    the benchmark does not seem to display them ,at the end just the average.
    I've used the graph at the end to gauge min/max. You could also use FRAPS to record your framerate in an excel file, then use that to identify min/max values.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    I find it funny that your card is on the recommended specs.
    Total War: Attila Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5-2500T 2.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 975 3.6 GHz
    • RAM: 4 GB System Memory
    • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti or AMD Radeon HD 5870

The above specs should actually be the bare minimum lol.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

so guys, I think Barbarian will still wait for the latest AMD driver before benchmarking but it would be quite interesting to see how much the results differ from LordDGP, just because the patch.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

I can do a new benchmark when the patch get released. And compare with the one I already did. It's not 1080 but it will work just to compare pre and post patch.