View Poll Results: How do you like to see the results?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Text-based

12 75.00%
  • Excel image

4 25.00%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - last update: 26. December 2016

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - open - last update 17. February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    AA..... off
    Texture res.......Ultra
    AF.........x16
    Shadows.....Max Performance
    Water......Performance
    Sky..........Performance
    DOF........Off
    Particle Effects......Performance
    SS reflections.......Off
    Grass.......Quality
    Trees......Performance
    Terrain.......Quality
    Unit Details......Quality
    Bldg Details......Performance
    Unit Size.........Large
    Porthole........3D
    Unlimited Memory.........Yes
    V Sync..........No
    SSAO...........No
    Dist Effects..........Yes
    Vignette.........No
    Proximity Fading......Yes

Average FPS 32

With a very modest system.
    AMD FX 8350
    8 Gigs Ram@1600
    AMD HD 7870 2GB
    WD Black HDD
    Windows 7 64

Will do some more fiddling with this when I get home as well as snoop around in the ini files.

How do you post a screenshot here? When I tried it just came up as a blank X?
    can you rather name the preset instead the invidual settings please , then I need to cpu-z.txt
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - open - last update 17. February 2014

Max Settings
    except shadows to quality (didnt want to test max shadows, since I turned on SSAO, Distortion Effects)

32gig ram gskill something or other
    samsung 840 pro
    2 evga gtx titan superclocked
    windows 7 64b

uploaded cpu-z to pastebin
    http://pastebin.com/4PC6MBDR

min was something like 39.5, something decent anyway.
    avg fps 47.0
    max 67.0

at least it is better optimized than rome 2 was at launch

and now tested again all max settings + ssao/distortion

avg fps 42.0
    max 63.0
    min 36.0
    Last edited by z3n; February 18, 2015 at 06:20 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

New AMD drivers will probably be released in the next days according to an AMD representative

Since SLI and MSAA is currently borked on AMD cards I will wait for those drivers until I perform some benchmarks. Hopefully they will include Attila optimizations (but that's by far not ensured, lol).

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Max Settings
    except shadows to quality (didnt want to test max shadows, since I turned on SSAO, Distortion Effects)

32gig ram gskill something or other
    samsung 840 pro
    2 evga gtx titan superclocked
    windows 7 64b

uploaded cpu-z to pastebin
    http://pastebin.com/4PC6MBDR

min was something like 39.5, something decent anyway.
    avg fps 47.0
    max 67.0

at least it is better optimized than rome 2 was at launch

and now tested again all max settings + ssao/distortion

avg fps 42.0
    max 63.0
    min 36.0
    Hi z3n,

I really need results that are UNMODIFIED and use the stock presets, as given in my example. Custom settings or "recommended" settings are not comparable at all.

Thanks in advance if you can run the benchmark again and posting the results.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - open - last update 19. February 2014

Hi guys,

I just finished and uploaded the Hyperthreading and multicore support benchmarks:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14360604

Default Re: TWC Total War Attila benchmark thread - open - last update 19. February 2014

My results:
    Specs:
    i7 5930k @ 4.5GHz
    16gb ram 2666 CL 13-14-14-39
    GTX 680 SLI 2gb Vram
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    Resolution: 1920x1080

quality:
    min FPS - 64
    average FPS - 70
    max FPS - 88

screens of settings:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

CPU-Z log: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...4/log-rar.html
    http://pastebin.com/mTtSBL7M
    Last edited by Mr.Freud; February 19, 2015 at 07:24 AM.

This was the Nvidia 'optimise' setting. But Other people seem to get much higher fps, so maybe I will play around with settings more.

Last edited by Rostam_e_Iran; February 19, 2015 at 09:23 AM.

@Rostam_e_Iran
    Can u try to lower shadows to minimum to see whether that makes a bigger difference?

Regarding your results, most other people who have posted actualy benchmark numbers have also faster PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freud View Post
    My results:
    Specs:
    i7 5930k @ 4.5GHz
    GTX 680 SLI 2gb Vram
    Windows 8.1 64bit

quality:
    min FPS - 64
    average FPS - 70
    max FPS - 88
    I ran your settings I can only reach max 57 fps, average of 43 fps and that's with a 1680x1050 res. Is the 30~ fps difference due to the cpu or the extra 8 gig ram or both? Just seems a huge difference even though my gpu is better.

Quote Originally Posted by A Barbarian View Post
    @Rostam_e_Iran
    Can u try to lower shadows to minimum to see whether that makes a bigger difference?

Regarding your results, most other people who have posted actualy benchmark numbers have also faster PCs.
    Will try and let you know.
    On the pc side, I didn't think my pc was that slow, only bought it last year
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 19, 2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Quote Originally Posted by Rostam_e_Iran View Post
    I ran your settings I can only reach max 57 fps, average of 43 fps and that's with a 1680x1050 res. Is the 30~ fps difference due to the cpu or the extra 8 gig ram or both? Just seems a huge difference even though my gpu is better.
    It's CPU + GPU. Gtx680 is faster than gtx 760 + I have 2 GTX 680 in SLI. Is your CPU oveclocked?

On the pc side, I didn't think my pc was that slow, only bought it last year
    Your PC is actually pretty good. It's just that people with high-end machines tend to post more benchmarks than people with more 'normal' computers.

Should your FPS show a solid increase with lower shadow settings, then overclocking the CPU will probably help u to get more performance.

It's CPU + GPU. Gtx680 is faster than gtx 760 + I have 2 GTX 680 in SLI. Is your CPU oveclocked?
    I see. How do you find out if it's oc'd?

@A Barbarian Changed shadows to performance and gained 1 extra fps. I always seem to cap at 57 fps not sure why and I'm running with Mr.Freud's settings. Also disables/enabled unlimited vedio memory, but always the same fps.

ACtually just got the mci afterburner and gona tweak it and hopefully if I can get 50+fps avg I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 19, 2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: dp/merged

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I'll share my detailed results tonight. Against my better judgement I went ahead and picked up Attila, but for 50% off.

My first impressions are that it's very CPU limited. My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz
    CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair XMS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 770 2GB (SLI)
    Video Card: PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 770 2GB (SLI)
    Case: Antec P280 ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

I was running the "quality" preset at 1080P, and put out a 45fps average with SLI off, and 42fps average with SLI on. I reviewed my GPU usage to see what was going on, and found that my GPUs were only at 50-60% load with SLI on. With SLI off, my single GPU was at 100% load. Interesting.. So I cranked up the resolution to 3840 x 2160, "quality" preset, and averaged 40fps with SLI on, and 24 with SLI off. So SLI works, I just cant average over 40-ish.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; February 19, 2015 at 11:46 AM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

I5 4460
    8gb
    R9 280

Max quality : 29.8 fps avg
    Quality: 36fps avg

Is normal to get only 6 fps from max quality preset to quality?

I was expecting higher gains by setting everything almost all on quality without ssao and aa

I see. How do you find out if it's oc'd?

@A Barbarian Changed shadows to performance and gained 1 extra fps. I always seem to cap at 57 fps not sure why and I'm running with Mr.Freud's settings. Also disables/enabled unlimited vedio memory, but always the same fps.

ACtually just got the mci afterburner and gona tweak it and hopefully if I can get 50+fps avg I'll be happy.
    You CPU is not overclocked. It's something which is done manually and can harm the hardware. So I would recommend you to read some basic articles before/if you decide to overclock your CPU. Be careful with MSI too when overclocking your GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by booker View Post
    I5 4460
    8gb
    R9 280

Max quality : 29.8 fps avg
    Quality: 36fps avg

Is normal to get only 6 fps from max quality preset to quality?

I was expecting higher gains by setting everything almost all on quality without ssao and aa
    I think benchmark is buged. I just did few benches - setting screen space reflections to performance instead of quality takes away about 10 fps for me lol
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 20, 2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Yes im seeing way to many outcomes with similar rig. Something is not right. Turn off ssao only gave a 2fps boost

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

My results:
    Specs:
    i7 5930k @ 4.5GHz
    GTX 680 SLI 2gb Vram
    Windows 8.1 64bit

quality:
    min FPS - 64
    average FPS - 70
    max FPS - 88

screens of settings:

Which nvidia driver are you using Freud? I have an almost identical setup, but I max at 50ish and average 43-45fps.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

4770k, 8gb, msi gtx 970 , 1080p
    Extreme preset :
    Max : 38
    Min : 23
    Avg : 32

Max quality :
    Max : 49
    Min : 30
    Avg : 41

Quality :
    Max : 66
    Min : 39
    Avg : 50

Performance :
    Max : 91
    Min : 56
    Avg : 71

Max performance :
    Max : 179
    Min : 102
    Avg : 123

Hope it helps .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    Which nvidia driver are you using Freud? I have an almost identical setup, but I max at 50ish and average 43-45fps.
    Latest 347.52

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

My results:
    Specs:
    i7 5930k @ 4.5GHz
    GTX 680 SLI 2gb Vram
    Windows 8.1 64bit

quality:
    min FPS - 64
    average FPS - 70
    max FPS - 88

screens of settings:

first of all thanks for this excellent example of how I expected the posts here well screenshots aren't needed.

If you have the time it would be cool to know how the performance is with SLI / SLI off and also on other presets. So you would need a maximum of 8 runs for the benchmark to share us an excellent example !

RPG's post is like I would like to have it. Clean and easy, so I can directly use it for the original post. It would be cool if all people that have posted here already, or posted in Dr. Freuds earlier thread that got merged, could actually follow this example.

The more presets you can be bothered to test, the better our variety of results and actually also the quality and reliability of the figures.
    Last edited by alQamar; February 19, 2015 at 06:21 PM.