Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

Default Re: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Comstedt View Post
    FX-3150, can't find any info about that CPU. But since the Total War series engines are pretty much a single core processes and the AMD's processors really only shine in multi-core applications I suspect that your CPU might be bottlenecking games which are very CPU intensive.
    AMD FX-8150 is an 8-core 4.0 GHz cpu. It might not be the best cpu for a TW game, of course, but 20-21 fps on different settings is kinda too much to understand. Also, if TW engine is relying on single-core processes, what kind of "future" they are talking about at all? This is 2015. They've exhausted their engine to the point it barely handles itself and tell us our rig isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Comstedt View Post
    FX-3150, can't find any info about that CPU. But since the Total War series engines are pretty much a single core processes and the AMD's processors really only shine in multi-core applications I suspect that your CPU might be bottlenecking games which are very CPU intensive.
    Not true about your TW statement. I could max out Rome 2 completely @1080p with modified double unit sizes and graphical mods on top of that and had amazing frame rates with my AMD CPU. It's an optimisation issue patches can fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizont View Post
    AMD FX-8150 is an 8-core 4.0 GHz cpu. It might not be the best cpu for a TW game, of course, but 20-21 fps on different settings is kinda too much to understand. Also, if TW engine is relying on single-core processes, what kind of "future" they are talking about at all? This is 2015. They've exhausted their engine to the point it barely handles itself and tell us our rig isn't good enough.
    I got an 8350 overclocked to 4.5 with an r9 280x overclocked a lot. Most graphic settings are on max performance(i.e: lowest possible) except unit detail and shadow detail are on quality. I can average 38FPS, it's not optimised for AMD CPU's in any way. It will run a bit better after patches though like Rome 2 did.
    Last edited by Godz_Mercenary; February 20, 2015 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godz_Mercenary View Post
    I got an 8350 overclocked to 4.5 with an r9 280x overclocked a lot. Most graphic settings are on max performance(i.e: lowest possible) except unit detail and shadow detail are on quality. I can average 38FPS, it's not optimised for AMD CPU's in any way. It will run a bit better after patches though like Rome 2 did.
    I hope so, because from what I've managed to play so far: the game is amazing.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi guys more results are public for TW Attila in the benchmark thread. Everyone that has got a bit of time is invited to join with his / her own results.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-February-2014
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Here is me from the future with a 1080 gtx testing out the "Extreme Settings" that was claimed to be for future gpus.

2 words, piss water.

Game doesn't even utilize over 50% of gpu capacity, doesn't utilize more than 70% of each CPU core (4 cores). FPS is terrible simply because of bad programming.

Quote Originally Posted by doos_101 View Post
    Here is me from the future with a 1080 gtx testing out the "Extreme Settings" that was claimed to be for future gpus.

2 words, piss water.

Game doesn't even utilize over 50% of gpu capacity, doesn't utilize more than 70% of each CPU core (4 cores). FPS is terrible simply because of bad programming.
    Yep it's awful. One the most poorly optimized games ever.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Yep it's awful. One the most poorly optimized games ever.
    Their developers are most likely focused on developing/improving Total War: Warhammer, since TW Attila didn't do very well in terms of sales. It is surprising, however, that this is a recurring issue with every TW games.

Their developers are most likely focused on developing/improving Total War: Warhammer, since TW Attila didn't do very well in terms of sales. It is surprising, however, that this is a recurring issue with every TW games.
    Warhammer is really well optimized, I wish they would fix the performance for attila as well, but I guess you are right, Ca isn't going to fix it, cause it wont pay off. My intel i5 4690k and gtx 980ti are simply not good enough for attila.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchname View Post
    Warhammer is really well optimized, I wish they would fix the performance for attila as well, but I guess you are right, Ca isn't going to fix it, cause it wont pay off. My intel i5 4690k and gtx 980ti are simply not good enough for attila.
    980 ti was released last year - same time as TW Attila. This confirms that the cause has nothing to do with Nvidia drivers for Pascal, which was one of my early suspicion. If you own a 1080 gtx, the game is still playable but not optimal so don't get your hopes up.

980 ti was released last year - same time as TW Attila. This confirms that the cause has nothing to do with Nvidia drivers for Pascal, which was one of my early suspicion. If you own a 1080 gtx, the game is still playable but not optimal so don't get your hopes up.
    Well, the game is still playable with my card, but these frame drops from dead bodies can get quite annoying sometimes. It happens mostly during sieges and settlement battles, because ai tends to send their troops to attack one specific chokepoint.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Extreme quality meant for future graphics cards...

Hohoho pull the other one...are you serious?

This is going straight up at guru3d...they will love this..
    now the time has passed I can confirm even a future graphics card and future RAM and CPU won't fix performance to an acceptable level compared to other most modern games or even worse than Warhammer 1 achieves out of the box.
    great marketing move Nico.

let's agree Attila should have been based on WH1 64 bit engine as i have plead for since the Rome 1 performance desaster. you simply overstretched the capabilities of a 32 bit old tuned engine you were using since Empire.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

There's a good reason why I am done buying CA's games. Rome 2's botched siege mechanics -took over a year to fix- and Attila's performance and broken modding tools. Some may not agree with me, but this is an unacceptable business practice. The fact that CA will not release a performance patch for Attila yet sell myriad spam DLC tells me all I need to know.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

well not starting to blame the concept but no one can tell me why a certain tw game still has bugged depth of field after 2 years of patches. perhaps I am getting old about this and so starting nitpicking

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Sorry about this question but which year means the future? I want to know when I will be able play Attila Total War with max. settings with good and stable fps. Are the current GPUs able to do so or I will be better waiting more time?

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Icon8 Re: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

It’s the year 2019, May the 12th.

Guess what? It’s still not better.
    I‘ve build up a new system recently:
    CPU: i9-9900k @8x 3.6-5.0 GHz
    GPU: Radeon RX 590 8GB
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz
    Mainboard: MSI Z390 Gaming Plus

You may think it’s capable to run the game easily, but no. I get at least 30 FPS at max. Settings...
    It’s a shame CA...

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

They will never go back to Attila, right? Pity.

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Default Processor perfomance

Hello, I'm about to update PC
    Does anyone have Attila running on an AMD Ryzen 5 2600x? DDR4 16 gb 2666?
    Do you know how it goes? I have no hope that they will fix the optimization.

Thanks!!!

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Processor perfomance

Hello elementall,

to answer your question: unfortunately you will get lags...
    I own a i9-9900k with 16GB 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM combined with a Radeon RX 590 8GB and I still get Performance drops.
    Although battles run smoothly at 55-60 FPS.
    As you said, this game is just poorly optimized...

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Threads merged.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Does changing the shader type manually through the preferences.script file have any impact on performance? It's weird that it cannot be changed in-game.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast