Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

Default Re: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Same the performance I am getting is terrible and it doesn't matter what graphics settings I run. It must be a driver issue. Nvidia has been TERRIBLE with Rome 2 performance. Every driver they release I get worse performance than the previous.
    Well I been running nvidia and this is a false statement. Well for me it is. Performance is crap in general but that's the engine.

It could be of course how you installed your drivers or just your hardware in general.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    I don't know what would cause that, but you two may want to post your dxdiag. Perhaps there's a common thread.
    Hmm here is my dx diag.DxDiag.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Well I been running nvidia and this is a false statement. Well for me it is. Performance is crap in general but that's the engine.

It could be of course how you installed your drivers or just your hardware in general.
    How I installed my drivers? Wow.... First time I have heard that one before.

Anyways. I have now tried every Nvidia driver from 334.89 to the ones released the other day 347.52. All of them provide TERRIBLE performance in Attila compared to Rome 2 but 347.52 has the best performance. However, I have had the drivers crash several times now during battles. The menu is laggy as hell, the opening videos (sega logo, cinematic) are laggy as hell. I don't know what CA did but some how the game looks worse than rome 2 and performs worse as well. At this stage the game is unplayable. I will have to wait for patches. Thanks CA.

Anyways. I have now tried every Nvidia driver from 334.89 to the ones released the other day 347.52. All of them provide TERRIBLE performance in Attila compared to Rome 2 but 347.52 has the best performance. However, I have had the drivers crash several times now during battles. The menu is laggy as hell, the opening videos (sega logo, cinematic) are laggy as hell. I don't know what CA did but some how the game looks worse than rome 2 and performs worse as well. At this stage the game is unplayable. I will have to wait for patches. Thanks CA.
    Well yes sometimes installing over the top isnt a good idea and you can install things you dont need...like geforce experience etc (which actually shouldnt explain bad perf but I stick to the basic install). I use a driver sweeper to clean out past driver installs..

Not had a driver issue in a yr or so at least...or in fact any real perf issues in any game.

Sounds like its your hardware. Am running the game fine...although yeah at around 50 or so fps..which is shite. Its def playable and does have its moments of beauty, albeit with mlaa, again this is pretty turd.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 17, 2015 at 07:40 PM.

Right, because your personal experience invalidates mine. I run Rome 2 no problem. I have seen, as have others, plenty of Nvidia driver issues with that game. I cannot believe that my hardware has suddenly become incapable of playing even the menu for a game. No this isn't a hardware issue. It is either a driver issue or a game problem.

So the only difference between Max Quality and Extreme Quality - is 4x AA? And did anyone manage to enable Max Quality for Screen Space Reflections?
    Last edited by Mr.Freud; February 17, 2015 at 08:03 PM.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Sadly, this appears to be the truth for many of us.

I thought I had the main menu & cinematic lag issue resolved, but it still appears every other time I boot up. wtf?

im playing this on a 970 GTX with a fx 8350 at 4.5 Gighertz and to add to the clincher im playing on a 720p monitor not even at 1080 and i cant get past 25FPS on the benchmark test on quality settings (not max quality mind you)???????? and before someone says its my processor don't let me smack you that kind of disparity cannot be explained away so easily.

Its my own dumb fault after rome 2 i said to myself do not buy this game DO NOT!!!!! buy this game, and i read some stupid review which said oh everything's all hunky dory now and changed my mind, im no conspiracy theorist but those reviews had to have been bought and paid for by sega for this to have gotten plus 80/100 scores.

My GTX 980 can run this at max settings with no issue with "Unlimited video memory" active.

So much for "Please note, that the ‘Extreme Quality’ setting is meant for future graphics cards, not for current gen. This is why it's above Maximum Quality."

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

I seem to be able to run the game at an acceptable level of performance so far, without noting any concerning issues. Running at 1440p with a GTX980 at maximum settings. If there are issues later in the game, related to performance, I have scope to drop the settings to compensate.

Now to start a campaign or carry on Zombie mashing in Dying Light, tough choice - lol.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Hi, CA!

I have:

AMD 8 core 4.0 ghz
    RAM 8GB
    Ati Radeon Saphire r290 tri-x 4GB video card

what graphic options are recommended for my PC in this case?

Right, because your personal experience invalidates mine. I run Rome 2 no problem. I have seen, as have others, plenty of Nvidia driver issues with that game. I cannot believe that my hardware has suddenly become incapable of playing even the menu for a game. No this isn't a hardware issue. It is either a driver issue or a game problem.
    Well actually yes! Simply because have been running nvidia for x yrs, run a watercooled setup, been building pcs for x yrs so that qualifies me.

Post your specs. Trust me if there were serious nvidia driver issues the people over at guru3d.com would spot it. And yes been a member for x yrs there as well if you want to question/disbelieve my abilites/knowledge.

I dont deny it might be drivers but the problems you mention I have never seen in any game ever well not since I have been running a 580...in fact I owned a 260/295 back in the day and even those didnt have the problems you mention. Even with total wars.

Are you running an old gpu?

Oh and for anyone else saying they cant run the game post your pc specs otherwise its pointless. And actually you should be in the tech section not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    Hi, CA!

I have:

AMD 8 core 4.0 ghz
    RAM 8GB
    Ati Radeon Saphire r290 tri-x 4GB video card

what graphic options are recommended for my PC in this case?
    Best way is to go through yourself and find that out. Try the recommended settings first.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 13, 2019 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Well actually yes! Simply because have been running nvidia for x yrs, run a watercooled setup, been building pcs for x yrs so that qualifies me.

Post your specs. Trust me if there were serious nvidia driver issues the people over at guru3d.com would spot it. And yes been a member for x yrs there as well if you want to question/disbelieve my abilites/knowledge.

I dont deny it might be drivers but the problems you mention I have never seen in any game ever well not since I have been running a 580...in fact I owned a 260/295 back in the day and even those didnt have the problems you mention. Even with total wars.

Are you running an old gpu?

Oh and for anyone else saying they cant run the game post your pc specs otherwise its pointless. And actually you should be in the tech section not here.
    I have a 660M, a core i7 3610QM and 8GB of ram, I can run Rome 2 no problem at higher settings so long as I don't push things like SSAO or shadows. This is NOT a hardware problem as you are implying (i.e. don't have the horsepower). It may be a driver/hardware combo problem with this game. I've owned a Voodoo3, GeForce 2, Geforce 2 Ultra, Geforce 9800 and Nvidia cards ever since and frankly don't give a damn how long you have been part of the scene. My issues are not exclusive to me, and the fact that nvidia drivers have been spotty of late especially with Rome 2 and HUGE performance swings from driver to driver I feel pretty confident there is a driver problem. Whether you believe me or not I do not care.
    Last edited by Darth Red; February 18, 2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: personal references/insult

I just ran the extreme preset on my pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRPt...ature=youtu.be

Quite happy with the result actually, tbh i would say current cards can run it fine even more so if you had SLI, unless there are features that don't activate yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lord_lobster View Post
    I just ran the extreme preset on my pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRPt...ature=youtu.be

Quite happy with the result actually, tbh i would say current cards can run it fine even more so if you had SLI, unless there are features that don't activate yet?
    What are complete specs of your rig?

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

The motherboard is a ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer

I have a 660M, a core i7 3610QM and 8GB of ram, I can run Rome 2 no problem at higher settings so long as I don't push things like SSAO or shadows. This is NOT a hardware problem as you are implying (i.e. don't have the horsepower). It may be a driver/hardware combo problem with this game. I've owned a Voodoo3, GeForce 2, Geforce 2 Ultra, Geforce 9800 and Nvidia cards ever since and frankly don't give a damn how long you have been part of the scene. My issues are not exclusive to me, and the fact that nvidia drivers have been spotty of late especially with Rome 2 and HUGE performance swings from driver to driver I feel pretty confident there is a driver problem. Whether you believe me or not I do not care.
    Erm well playing on a laptop is a hardware problem fullstop but I said it could be hardware.

Am the first to say whether it's a driver issue or not. Perhaps it is drivers for laptops...but you never stated this originally hence why I asked for your specs.

And stop being rude when people are trying to help you.
    Last edited by Darth Red; February 18, 2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Continuity

Civis

So far, it seems to me, there are no valuable explanations around. The discussion about individual hardware set-ups seems misleading to me, since it will hardly explain the freakish lagging of an intro sequence (!), which becomes a problem long before any options for in-game-performance come into reach. To distribute a game which is grossly dysfunctional from the start, is, of course, a racket-like business conduct, plain and simple.

I find this hard to believe, as I am running the game on extreme just fine with a GTX 760...

Quote Originally Posted by BattleSarge View Post
    I find this hard to believe, as I am running the game on extreme just fine with a GTX 760...
    Pics or it didnt happen! Sry I find this hard to believe...unless ofc you are running an extremely low res with a very very beefy cpu.

And no 30fps is not "just fine". Its poor.

Btw just so we are clear good performance is around the 60fps mark...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast