Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Darren joins CA!

Default Re: Darren joins CA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    I'm happy for Darren but sad to be losing an unbiased critic of TW content. SEGA/CA want to buy the trust and goodwill people have for Darren but now there' no more reason to trust him than any other official statement or presentation.

Still, gotta think of the future I guess. Good luck.

Someone else will fill his shoes. There's a gap in the market now.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Work on it? What kind of work would he be doing?
    You miss the earlier paragraph where it says :

......create and present a lot of our video content coming up on ATTILA, keeping you informed on the new free content updates and DLC that'll be hitting post launch. He'll also be bringing you news of the latest mods and helping shout about the best as loud as we can.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Free content updates confirmed?

Puna's Avatar Laetus

Congratulations Darren! It was a bit sobering watching you stream on Twitch last night and knowing that we would probably never see the ending of your DeI campaign. There will be a big hole to fill with you gone, that's for sure. Good luck with your new career!

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Work on it? What kind of work would he be doing?
    "Community relations," apparently. As he said in the video: making forum posts; monitoring the forum; social media; etc.

In other words, nothing actually connected with development or production of Attila. I think he could have still released the review...maybe it will "accidentally" get uploaded One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktack View Post
    "Community relations," apparently. As he said in the video: making forum posts; monitoring the forum; social media; etc.

In other words, nothing actually connected with development or production of Attila. I think he could have still released the review...maybe it will "accidentally" get uploaded One can hope.

Yeah, he's pretty much now going to be spinning for CA. The fact that he's not allowed to do reviews any more says it all.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

the biggest congratulation I can give Darren!

Thanks for all the things you have done to us, and what you will do

I don't see how is this good for anybody except Darren and maybe CA.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I don't see how is this good for anybody except Darren and maybe CA.
    That is who its supposed to be good for. When whatever company you work for hired you they weren't interested in how it would impact your friends.

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well done Darren!
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

So he is in the content direction department amongst other things... finally dem torches is out of here!

Oh, and congratulations to the job

CA more or less gave him the job to keep him from giving his true thoughts on how bad total war has become with their ridiculous disk locked content and how bad Atilla looks. We've all seen that Atilla video where Darren more or less says Atilla total war is a waste of $40 and it would be more wiser to wait till a steam sale to pick up the game. CA gave him a job just before the release of Atilla too? something doesnt quite add up and i know Darren is an amazing youtuber and all but i feel the main reason he got the job was so CA's profits wasn't going to be damaged by a potential negative video on Atilla total war. I for one like many of the commenters on his youtube channel who said to myself i'd wait till Darrens review on Atilla before i went and bought the game..

Quote Originally Posted by [BPA]Lifeguard View Post
    CA more or less gave him the job to keep him from giving his true thoughts on how bad total war has become with their ridiculous disk locked content and how bad Atilla looks.
    So according to your logic what's next? Does CA think about hiring the remaining percentage of people frequenting these forums who still think that Attila is just another failure in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    So according to your logic what's next? Does CA think about hiring the remaining percentage of people frequenting these forums who still think that Attila is just another failure in the series?
    Maybe when you and these "other" visitors have over 12,000 dedicated total war players subscribed to your youtube channel then just maybe... check the comments on his videos... most were comments such as " Hurry up and do a review of Atilla so i can buy it" or " i'll wait till your review of Atilla before i purchase" You really think CA was going to let someone who the community loves slate their game?

You really think CA was going to let someone who the community loves slate their game?
    As if the fact that he's really good at what he does wasn't a sufficient reason to hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    As if the fact that he's really good at what he does wasn't a sufficient reason to hire him.
    Darren does an amazing job on his youtube channel because he's honest and doesnt kiss ass.. Look at 70% of the posts on this post they all state a similar point that one of the reasons he was hired was to keep him quiet...

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

But it turns out Atilla was a really good game and the meta is very different from the Darren review earlier which he did release. If CA was as brutally cynical as you imply, would they not let him do a better review of the full version and then hire him?

I think the part people are forgetting is that, while Darren is entering in a community role right now, he still wants to work on design. If he can get there, that could be huge, as he definitely knows what was wrong with Rome 2, and hopefully could make a better game from that knowledge.

Best of luck to you! I will miss the brief time I was subbed to you, but I would never argue against taking that job.

Medina's Avatar Miles

I always knew Darren had talent as a salesman! Now finally being hired!

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

CA more or less gave him the job to keep him from giving his true thoughts on how bad total war has become with their ridiculous disk locked content and how bad Atilla looks..

Maybe we just really liked him for the same reasons you do?
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; February 27, 2015 at 09:39 PM. Reason: not needed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast