Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: Better Call Saul

I have to say, I just couldn't get into it, now admittedly I have only watch a few episodes of breaking bad and to be honest that didn't really get me going either. Well there had to be someone who didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    I have to say, I just couldn't get into it, now admittedly I have only watch a few episodes of breaking bad and to be honest that didn't really get me going either. Well there had to be someone who didn't like it.
    just give it some, time, it does starts a bit slow. And not everyone likes slow stuff, specialy the casual watcher.

Allthough i can tell you my experience was the oposite for me, it got me hooked right at the earlier episodes.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Chuck is mentally ill and thinks he has electromagnetic hypersensitivity. I'm a big Breaking Bad fan, and I'm glad to say that this show is also really good. Odenkirk's a good actor.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    just give it some, time, it does starts a bit slow. And not everyone likes slow stuff, specialy the casual watcher.
    Don't think that will help considering he didn't like BB.

It immeditaley felt familiar. Just more solid TV. Episode 2 was kind weak but that happens. Defintiely looking forward to Monday nights, now.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Quote Originally Posted by mrmouth View Post
    Don't think that will help considering he didn't like BB.

It immeditaley felt familiar. Just more solid TV. Episode 2 was kind weak but that happens. Defintiely looking forward to Monday nights, now.
    I was talking about Breaking Bad. I was telling him that Breaking bad starts slow.
    I dont think better call Saul started slow, the few couple episodes, are actualy fast paced, with a lot of stuff already happening.

Chuck is mentally ill and thinks he has electromagnetic hypersensitivity. I'm a big Breaking Bad fan, and I'm glad to say that this show is also really good. Odenkirk's a good actor.
    it is, and it is very well shot as well, Vince Gilian is great.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 19, 2015 at 10:50 PM.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, Breaking Bad started off really slow, it took me a few episodes to get into.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm liking it so far. They might as well be episodes of Breaking Bad that just happen to not have Walt or Jesse in them.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    Yeah, Breaking Bad started off really slow, it took me a few episodes to get into.
    Same same. I watched the first 6 episodes and then dumped it for a couple of seasons. Nearly dumped it again because of the constant whining, mostly from Skyler, but Walt too was such an obnoxious character, especially early on.

So far, BCS is better.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    So far, BCS is better.
    See that was what my original comment was about. I cannot imagine someone dropping Breaking Bad and giving this a try, let alone liking it. They feel very similar to me as far as direction, etc. But I guess pacing is different.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Too soon to see if it is better or not....so far it isnt, it feels the same, wich is a good thing.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I like court room drama's. So far we haven't seen a lot of that but enough to let us know that's the basis of the show, with Jimmy's clandestine life style probably coming more to the fore as we go. I like that Jimmy is essentially an honest guy at this point, he actually always was, he was just a realist when it came to Walt and Jesse. I always liked Mike, he was such a foil to the other characters who could make a huge dramas out of nothing, Mike just saw how to solve problems, not make them. I love his deadpan belligerent humour, looking forward to him being in it more.

I'm looking forward to what other characters come into Jimmy's life. Imo, BB's strength was always the extreme nature of the people Walt and Jesse met, Todd being the best, so evil.

Holy episode 6 was amazing.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Banks was really good in this episode. They managed to give so much depth to his character; now even stuff that he did in BB make more sense (such as taking Jesse under his wing, so to speak).

Oh Mike, it's good to have you back

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Jonathan Banks (playing Mike Ehrmantraut) should get an Emmy for his performance in episode 6. It was so powerful. Plus, he's 68 years old and he could probably kick my ass. Just for the laughs, here he is as a young actor in Airplane! the movie:

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Banks was really good in this episode. They managed to give so much depth to his character; now even stuff that he did in BB make more sense (such as taking Jesse under his wing, so to speak).
    Such a good point! Although Jesse Pinkman would be a poor replacement for his son.

Breaking Bad was better - even in the beginning - IMO but BCS is still a good show. I really liked episode 6 - havent seen 7 yet - don't know if everyone felt that way but to me episode 6 felt a lot like a Breaking Bad episode, and it wasn't just because the episode mainly centered around Mike.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Beck, try your best to forget BB ever existed. It will spoil every show in existence - but especially this one.

I really liked episode 6 - Banks is beastly. What a performance - and we still have a lot to watch.

So far I'm liking the series - sure, not loving it as I did BB but, honestly, BB's first season wasn't much better than this. Vince likes to take things slowly. I'm pretty sure things will ramp up soon enough.

Episode 7 was great and I'm pretty sure it shows us the landmark that separates Jimmy from Saul. You can only go so far playing the good guy when all dices are turned against you...

The show is getting better and better, episode 7 was great indeed ( Yes I watch episodes several days later than everyone else ) The sheer self-justification and lying of the Kettlemans is enough to burn my brain. I haven't seen characters as annoying as them in a long time lol.

Loved the last montage, too. Wonder if it was about Jimmy losing the money and that office or he realising that he'll never be a sucessfull, respectable, "legit" lawyer like Kim or Chuck, but always a second class, sleazy lawyer/criminal. Maybe both.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Only bad thing about Better Call Saul is that the episodes are only 40 minutes long

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast