Thread: Native American unit stats

Default Native American unit stats

On a French campaign, working towards taking the Iroquois Confederacy territories I notice that almost all of their units have a ranged attack (which is fine). The biggest oddity here being axe throwers with a range of 85 (bow users only have a range of 30?). I'm curious if this is something that'll be redone in the future.

Campaign is H/VH, and they're giving me such trouble in mass numbers. Guess I'm too used to the typical European line fighting, haha.

Balac

Default Re: Native American unit stats

Unrelated to this, I'm having trouble with the Road to Independence campaign, I can't recruit units, anyone else having this issue? Running on a clean install (uninstall and reinstall yesterday).

throwing axe has range 10. You might refer to units with natives who's icon shows them with axe in hand, but these are no longer axe throwers, but warriors. Native warriors are shock infantry, they have a musket with low ammo, and good melee stats. They will fire few rounds and then will try to charge the enemy..

Regarding RTI, it is population thing. You need to have surplus population to be able to recruit units. yet, for first scenario, its not possible to increase population that fast, so i have adjusted the startpos so initial city has more men than it can sustain so you can recruit few units in the first turn, but not afterwards, unless you increase the population up. so recruit new units in the first turn. It is possible to win that scenario with just few units, as colonists are much stronger (in this scenario) than natives.
    Last edited by JaM; February 11, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

Ah, okay, thanks JaM!