Thread: Is the South Better at Fighting

Default Is the South Better at Fighting

Is it me or does anyone else have a hard time beating the south? I do but its seems extra hard

Default Re: Is the South Better at Fighting

I just lost St Louis. The units of almost 500 men from within two buildings against roughly 650 CS Cavalry. Lost. Not sure I know why. Had just a few less men. Had cover. Cav never dismount. Any ideas?

Are you just talking about Cav? because AI use flanking cav very well and will almost route most units if you arent quick to responds, also depending on your battle AI they might have moral boosts as well. As for infantry never let CSA regulars get close or they will pwn your ass!

No its not Cav or being outflanked. It just seems to be that the AI on CS has the adavntage. Perhaps it was so. Better leadership etc . Point blank charge by Cs into a battery should be knocked down at least. I just had a great example of this and guns were over run. No complaint but sometimes it doesnt add up

I agree, its very unpredictable, thats something that I like about ACW, while I usually win my battles there are a few that I lose and those usually are the most fun and unfair..