Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound files extracted!

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Default Sound files extracted!

Ive received my copy of M2TW today and Im currently extracting all the sound files.
    Tell us your aproach, King! Where do we go from here?

Log 1 (mac89)
    Have written down parts of the arabic soundfiles, till Arabic_Enemy_Dominating_Plaza_Fort_2
    Log 2 (mac89)
    Have written more of the arabic soundfiles, till Arabic_Enemy_Winning_Plaza_Fort_2
    Have done a total of 65 lines out of a 186 lines.
    Log 3 (mac89)
    Im done with the soundfiles of Battle_events Arabic, post them soon.
    Last edited by mac89; November 17, 2006 at 10:27 AM.

Pyrgopolynices's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Sound files extracted!

My game will only arrive at monday. If not tuesday.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Log updated, check first post.

There are soundfiles for Arabic, East European, English, French, German, Mediterranean, Mongolian and Scottish.
    I dont know if we can separate the languages for different factions, thats something technical. But I think it was possible in RTW.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Newcomer Niko just convinced me that we might be able to use the localized translations after all. If this is true, then we will have saved ourselves a lot of work for most of the languages...

mac89 - this is what I want you to do:

First of all, I want you to answer this: Find out if all agents use the same soundset or if priests and spies, for example, use different samples, and if the way they speak is dependent on which faction they belong to. Do German priests speak differently than English ones, for example?

As for the rest, limit yourself to one faction to begin with (or, one "soundset", if several factions use the same one).

Listen to each of the samples in this soundset and write down their contents as described in the master source documents thread. I don't know how long this will take you, but when you're done, send me the txt file and I will format it and repost it as an example on how to make an MSD. For starters, maybe you can limit yourself to pre-battle speeches only, and if you can find the file that contains the subtitles for the pre-battle speeches, that would help us even more. Please, give me updates whenever you come across an answer to the above questions, or if you find out something you think I should know. I won't be getting the game until Sunday, and won't have time to play it until some time next week.
    Last edited by Beiss; November 10, 2006 at 03:45 PM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Everything is devided between these cultures: Arabic, East European, English, French, German, Mediterranean, Mongolian and Scottish.

Battle_Events, Battle_Map, Camp_map and Pre_Battle_Speech.

Currently Im about half done with the Arabic soundfiles of Battle_Events.

to mac89

"I dont know if we can separate the languages for different factions, thats something technical. But I think it was possible in RTW."

I think it posible, becouse English, French, German, Scottish - is not cultures( in code sence), its fraction. Arabic, East European (??), Mediterranean, Mongolian - Its not cultures, same other code name.

Cultures : greek,middle_eastern,eastern_european,southern_european,northern_european,mesoamerican

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by NIKO_TWOW.RU
    to mac89

"I dont know if we can separate the languages for different factions, thats something technical. But I think it was possible in RTW."

I think it posible, becouse English, French, German, Scottish - is not cultures( in code sence), its fraction. Arabic, East European (??), Mediterranean, Mongolian - Its not cultures, same other code name.

Cultures : greek,middle_eastern,eastern_european,southern_european,northern_european,mesoamerican
    Yeah I know its not cultures, I chose that for a lack of a better word.

I think they're called "voice cultures" in the game files though. Anyway, Shigawire says we won't be able to let the Italians, for example, speak Italian (without also making the Spanish speak Italian) until CA releases more modding tools.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss
    I think they're called "voice cultures" in the game files though. Anyway, Shigawire says we won't be able to let the Italians, for example, speak Italian (without also making the Spanish speak Italian) until CA releases more modding tools.
    Thats what I feared, anyway Im almost done with Battle_Events_Arabic. Once we can separate them do we use the same lines from Vanilla Mediterranean for both?

... I don't really know. I think we can use the same lines, but - I have hopes that the game is localized to Italian, for example, and then, we could use the Italian samples for the Italians, once we know how to do that. The game will hopefully be localized to Spanish as well. Don't know about Greek, Portuguese, or any of the Slavic languages except Russian....

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss
    ... I don't really know. I think we can use the same lines, but - I have hopes that the game is localized to Italian, for example, and then, we could use the Italian samples for the Italians, once we know how to do that. The game will hopefully be localized to Spanish as well. Don't know about Greek, Portuguese, or any of the Slavic languages except Russian....
    I sugest one more time - did topik about Lokalization in M2TW forums, and we known this info quiqli ! And about my previous sugestion , you have desigen about v1.0 from lokalization, if yes, we need info and topik in Xenophonia mod tread !
    Last edited by NIKO_TWOW.RU; November 14, 2006 at 01:03 PM.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Sorry guys, Im not working on the soundfiles right now Im too busy playing. Ill get back to it in the weekend.

I guess you're not the only one. The disease caught us all.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Check my log, i finished this: Battle_Events_Arabic
    Last edited by Beiss; November 17, 2006 at 01:37 PM.

Awesome! I edited your post to have the file attached (but as a zip).
    Last edited by Beiss; November 17, 2006 at 01:50 PM.

I don't know if I have already said that, but I've had a lot of work to do these days (not even a few hours to play M2TW). That's why I haven't write down any lines yet. But I'm counting on it. mac89, don't worry! Help arrives!

What lines are you doing, then? Leave the scots to me. Maybe you could do the mediterranean?

On the website, I've posted all progress I've made so far. Using any of my existing msd's is a great help if you want to write down what others say, since you can just follow my list of files and change the contents.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Ill continue with the Arabic lines, currently working on the Pre_Battle speeches.

It's better if you wait with those - since you can get subtitles during the pre battle speeches, they're already written down somewhere. We just need the tools to extract the subtitles. I think writing them down yourself is a waste of time right now. Do the campaign map stuff instead.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

OK, you got it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast