Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Which country really had the best tech in WWII?

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Which country really had the best tech in WWII?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    If that is the commonly accepted I'll stop. But I certainly find it disturbing that all sides had developed themselves almost all kind of weapons, and "within weeks" from one another. That cannot happen in reality. Except if half of those were copied in industrial espionage.
    You find it disturbing that in a war, technological progress is roughly the same among all the nations?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    You find it disturbing that in a war, technological progress is roughly the same among all the nations?
    Yes, because period is 5 years. In other time that would take at least decades. To appear in one country. And it never appeared, an invention - automatically in many countries at one and the same time. Cannot happen.

Comes Domesticorum

Yes, because period is 5 years. In other time that would take at least decades. To appear in one country. And it never appeared, an invention - automatically in many countries at one and the same time. Cannot happen.
    Well, not true, but in any case, the jet engine was invented in Britain, so perhaps it was your Aryan friends who stole the technology.

. And it never appeared, an invention - automatically in many countries at one and the same time. Cannot happen.
    Why yes you must be right. I mean 2 more or less identical very complicated 'things' being invented at once by 2 different people?
    Must be espionage.
    Anyone claiming otherwise must be one of those fools who believe Newton and Leibniz both invented calculus at the same time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_discovery

Well, not true, but in any case, the jet engine was invented in Britain, so perhaps it was your Aryan friends who stole the technology.
    You actually find the technology being developed in Britain, France and Germany simultaneously with all countries reaching various design stages (Britain made the first plans, France made the first patent, Germany reached the first flyable prototype).

That said the main reason is plainly war circumstance of cutting corners. When the opponent introduced something you didn't have your side would do everything to get anything going in the shortest time possible to prove you are as good. In essence only the Manhattan projects stands as case where the only country thinking there is a race was the US while germany etc. didn't even notice that there was a race on. In all other cases all sides had some similar projects but just conflicted in time tables.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

In your own article is said there is an opposite theory also being held.

If that is the commonly accepted I'll stop. But I certainly find it disturbing that all sides had developed themselves almost all kind of weapons, and "within weeks" from one another. That cannot happen in reality. Except if half of those were copied in industrial espionage.
    It can happen when the projects are actually being worked on for a much longer time than just a few weeks, like the Meteor. Personally, I find it more disturbing that people are so firmly attached to the notion of total German technological superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    It can happen when the projects are actually being worked on for a much longer time than just a few weeks, like the Meteor. Personally, I find it more disturbing that people are so firmly attached to the notion of total German technological superiority.
    It is not that. People have to be taught to tell the truth more often. Without it we will be mistaken in all things. It is known all german technological advances ended in US and Britain after the war. Now I hear all sides had all things equally developed simultaneously. To the allies a victory should be enough. They don't need to usurp every little thing and totally rewrite history. Especially on the background of such propaganda and brainwashing which is going on today. It will be more clean and society more sane if truth be established.

Comes Domesticorum

It is not that. People have to be taught to tell the truth more often. Without it we will be mistaken in all things. It is known all german technological advances ended in US and Britain after the war. Now I hear all sides had all things equally developed simultaneously. To the allies a victory should be enough. They don't need to usurp every little thing and totally rewrite history. Especially on the background of such propaganda and brainwashing which is going on today. It will be more clean and society more sane if truth be established.
    What lie are you talking about? Or are you sticking by your wrong ideas that Germany was much more advanced than everyone else? The only area where they were really ahead was human experimentation.

What lie are you talking about? Or are you sticking by your wrong ideas that Germany was much more advanced than everyone else? The only area where they were really ahead was human experimentation.
    I am merely saying some german inventions were stolen after the war and claimed as own. And if you haven't heard of what americans do today and of programming don't talk to me of human experimentation.

Comes Domesticorum

I am merely saying some german inventions were stolen after the war and claimed as own. And if you haven't heard of what americans do today and of programming don't talk to me of human experimentation.
    Like?

Like?
    Get e-book "Monarch" or "Monarch Mind Control" by Fritz Springmeyer and read. It's not things I can explain in two sentences.

Comes Domesticorum

Get e-book "Monarch" or "Monarch Mind Control" by Fritz Springmeyer and read. It's not things I can explain in two sentences.
    No, I meant examples of German inventions being claimed as Allied inventions, I'm not really interested in reading about the Bourne Identity.

No, I meant examples of German inventions being claimed as Allied inventions, I'm not really interested in reading about the Bourne Identity.
    Entire plants were disassembled and moved to either of the allies. The Opel Kadett I became Moskvitch 400 in USSR :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moskvitch_400-420

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Ka...281938-1940.29

And this one is surely not an exception. And the americans got most of the scientists. You imagine they did not use their research there but started anew ?

Comes Domesticorum

Entire plants were disassembled and moved to either of the allies. The Opel Kadett I became Moskvitch 400 in USSR :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moskvitch_400-420

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Ka...281938-1940.29

And this one is surely not an exception. And the americans got most of the scientists. You imagine they did not use their research there but started anew ?
    So, when we're talking about advanced German technology, we're talking about civilian cars?

So, when we're talking about advanced German technology, we're talking about civilian cars?
    Advanced, A 1936 model is launched in 1947 as a new car ... The famous Trabant is also a 30s model. The jet planes were represented as starting from the 50s in England in the movies so far(english documentaries). Now I see they came out earlier. I don't have info for the US but there is surely worse.

Comes Domesticorum

Advanced, A 1936 model is launched in 1947 as a new car ... The famous Trabant is also a 30s model. The jet planes were represented as starting from the 50s in England in the movies so far(english documentaries). Now I see they came out earlier. I don't have info for the US but there is surely worse.
    So...again...no actual facts? Just a civilian car.

So...again...no actual facts? Just a civilian car.
    Who can think can see actuall facts. Jet engine appears in Germany. Fact. Doubtless. Then, after a war, in which everything was sacked, it appears in England. English make no mention of it untill the 50s. Now it appears the English Queen invented it in a splendid outburst of her intelligence.

Who can think can see actuall facts. Jet engine appears in Germany. Fact. Doubtless. Then, after a war, in which everything was sacked, it appears in England. English make no mention of it untill the 50s. Now it appears the English Queen invented it in a splendid outburst of her intelligence.
    So again we're going to completely ignore things that are valid historical facts because they don't fit your personal view of history? I've already mentioned that the English were working on a jet engine as far back as 1936!
    Continuing to claim it didn't appear in England until after the war just makes people ignore your opinions out of hand because in this case they are flat out wrong.

patents for jet engines date from the French all the way back in 1921
    Last edited by TWWolfe; March 09, 2015 at 06:43 AM.

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.

Comes Domesticorum

You're just making things up again. The British Meteor jet was in production by 1944, shooting down its first V-1 flying bomb in August of 1944. I really have no idea how someone can be this badly misinformed.