Thread: [Submod] Client Levies

Default [Submod] Client Levies

I saw someone mention this in the main forum, so I made a quick submod for it.

Client States and satraps will yield unto you their levies once more. Be warned, as this may allow access to reform units before reforms actually occur. I haven't tested this extensively, so let me know if it has problems.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5a...ew?usp=sharing

Again, thanks to Dresden for pointing out how to do this.
    Last edited by ThatWhichThinks; February 06, 2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Fixed Link

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Submod] Client Levies

Thanks for this! I really enjoy levying the occasional units, and will just use restraint if there's no realistic option.

edit: I think you have to edit your share permissions on the file to "anyone can access"
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Yeah, didn't think about the sharing settings. I fixed the link and sharing settings; hopefully you can all access it now .

Thanks for posting this

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks! +rep

is there a steam version?
    . .

Right now, no Steam version. You can try and use this mod through Steam with the Steam version of DeI, though. It shouldn't cause anything to crash, but it may have no effect depending on in what order Steam loads the mods.

Yeah it doesn't crash with steam version. I suggest you to upload to steam though. The submod collection on steam is very nice and yours will be a good addition. Most people don't use twcenter. Even I use steam version even though i am familiar with TWcenter.

You get far better response time and options on a forum than you ever will on steam.

And just because more people use steam for sub mods (dubious claim), it doesn't make it the better choice in any possible way. Not even from a convience standpoint.

There is absolutely nothing easier than downloading a file straight from a forum, and slapping it in the data folder.

Still, if you're absolutely hung up on steam, ask ThatWhichThinks for permission to upload it to the workshop and list them as the creator and disclaimer that you're only uploading it in their stead and with their permission. That's not uncommon on the workshop.
    Last edited by Ivan_Moscavich; July 20, 2015 at 07:17 PM. Reason: A bit less confrontational

I am not saying steam is better of course a forum is more responsive and solid , just steam is a one click away so many people use it, I just suggested to him i have no interest of uploading anything
    History lover since -96.

It's also possible that it could be uploaded with permission to the official DeI submods.

If that's okay with ThatWhichThinks, I could ask Dresden if he'd be willing to upload it to steam.

Sorry for the downtime, guys. I have been traveling a bit lately and haven't been able to get to the forums. I will try to upload a steam version this week.

Edit: Just posted a Steam version of this and my elephant generals submod. just search for Client Levies (DeI) or my username (ThatWhichThinks) and it should come up.
    Last edited by ThatWhichThinks; August 06, 2015 at 03:22 PM.

Scion of Africanus's Avatar Libertus

Salve.
    I tried both copy-pasting the forum download and then the Steam Mod Manager version, albeit I still see a blank recruitment window when trying to levy from the Getae who are my satrapy in Dacia. Quite odd indeed!
    I have patch 16. I am certain I must have missed one step; if someone would be so kind as to enlighten me, I would be deeply grateful.

That is odd. Are you using the mod manager or Steam launcher? If the mod manager, make sure that this submod is loaded before the main DeI file. Steam should load this mod first automatically because it comes before DeI alphabetically.

Scion of Africanus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWhichThinks View Post
    That is odd. Are you using the mod manager or Steam launcher? If the mod manager, make sure that this submod is loaded before the main DeI file. Steam should load this mod first automatically because it comes before DeI alphabetically.
    I am using the Steam Mod Manager and I confirmed that this submod is not just loaded before DeI but it is the first one loaded overall.

But these are my satrapies, not client states. I am uncertain if this has any bearing. Satrapies are preferable to client states for me.
    Last edited by Scion of Africanus; August 19, 2015 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Last sentence