Thread: Frequent Unspecified error CTDs during battles.

Default Frequent Unspecified error CTDs during battles.

Hi, I'm getting frequent Unspecified error crashes during battles specifically in this mod, I have played a full vanilla and Third Age campaign each now and did not get this crash. I was going to upload the log files, however "expanded_americas.script.log.txt", "expanded_americas.script2.log.txt" and "expanded_americas.system.log.txt" are over 300MB in size due to the following lines which are repeated hundreds of times for every time stamp:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:00:13.799 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 55 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.799 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Antioch_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.799 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 75 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.799 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Jerusalem_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.799 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 96 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.799 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Tenochtitlan_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.799 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 127 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.800 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Rome_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.813 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 55 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.813 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Antioch_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.813 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 75 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.813 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Jerusalem_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.813 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 96 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.814 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Tenochtitlan_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.814 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 127 in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:13.814 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Rome_siege> = 0
    17:00:13.818 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Could these possibly be the cause of the crash?

I love the mod, and never used to get these crashes when I used to play it years ago, so I assume the 3.3 version and/or the new medieval 2 patch are responsible.
    Last edited by Minigrinch; February 06, 2015 at 12:29 AM.

Default Re: Frequent Unspecified error CTDs during battles.

Is your log set to "trace"?

I haven't played this mod, but I recommend reinstalling.

Logs are set to trace by default in this mod I think, and a reinstall was the very first thing I tried (including medieval 2 itself).

;[log]
    ;## log potentially critical errors for debugging
    ;# to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;# level = * trace
    ;# level = * error

[log]
    to=logs/expanded_americas.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    file = game.script.* logs/expanded_americas.script2.log.txt
    file = game.script* logs/expanded_americas.script.log.txt
    file = game.script logs/expanded_americas.scriptoutput.log.txt
    file = ai.ltgd logs/expanded_americas.ai.log.txt

[ai]
    ltgd_logging = true
    I have also made sure UAC is disabled, I had full ownership of all medieval 2 files and ran the mod installer as an administrator.

Even if those repeating scripts aren't the problem, I think they need to be solved since it's hiding whatever the actual error is in that case. Thanks for the response though.

Take a look at the campaign_script and see what's at the lines indicated. Maybe there will be a clue. It seems like some counters are being set.

I would hope the creator of the mod or Gigantus come by.