View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this title?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes very interested

9 24.32%
  • No not interested

28 75.68%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next Total War Title

Default Next Total War Title

After the launch of Attila I am sure CA would consider what their next new title would be.

I am making a proposal which I believe would be very successful, Total War: The Rise of Islam.

Chronicling the barbaric path of destruction across the ancient world by the islamic armies. Destruction that rivals that of Attila! Destruction which overtook the ancient empires and stood at the gates of Europe in Austria and Spain threatening to burn all. You can fight as part of the islamic armies and spread your onslaught, or you can fight as one of the other falling empires and try to withstand the onslaught.

I for one would be very interested in playing this game, and would love to know who else would, hopefully with the aim of taking the results to CA and requesting the game pending the results.

Please indicate your vote.
    To offend us is to offend God

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Next Total War Title

there's not going to be a next total war, unless you mean a Warhammer "total war" spinoff.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Moved from Total War: Attila section.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Gates of Europe in Austria? Unless I'm gravely mistaken the Siege of Vienna took place in the 1500's. Muhammed died in the early 600's. I can't see a very good TW game taking place over the course of a thousand years.

In any case, it's rather early to be discussing new titles, especially since it seems the next TW will be Warhammer (which I think is lame, I play TW for the history), but I think a DLC/campaign/expansion for Attila should be an Arthurian Total War. Taking place across the British Isles and in northern France, with factions such as the Saxons, Angles, Picts, Irish, Dumnonia, Gwynedd, Gwent, Powys, Strathclyde, Armorica, and so on. It makes sense as an Attila DLC since it's around the same time period, starting just about at the time when the Attila campaign ends, and is rather connected historically and thematically, with the Germanic invaders being a more divided version of the Huns (that could be turned against each other) threatening to wipe out the Britons, among whom the hero Arthur arises.

As for a full TW game, China is seriously long overdue. Like, any part of Chinese history would be good for a Total War game and it's mind-boggling how much it's been ignored. Aside from that, a game focused on the Early Middle Ages spanning the gap between Attila (the end of Classical Antiquity) and Medieval TW (the beginning of the 'High' Middle Ages) would be a nice one.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    a game focused on the Early Middle Ages spanning the gap between Attila (the end of Classical Antiquity) and Medieval TW (the beginning of the 'High' Middle Ages) would be a nice one.
    yes... i.e. the rise of islam!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A China game has to be made. I agree with Hre that it the fact it has been ignored is mind boggling. Besides everything comes from China now!!! Your computers, phones, etc. Of course a game in China must be made and it will be.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm interested in the period, but not as a game of it's own (maybe because TW already struggles depicting periods of which we have tons of information to try and make a proper representation of the dark ages).

That said, an Attila-like expansion (yes, that's exactly what it is) would probably fit perfectly. Byzantines, Visigoths and Arabs battling in the same map definatelly sounds interesting to me.

But I fear a fully fledged TW sequel featuring this period exclusively would be somewhat disappointing (and annoyingly similar to other TW games) and probably sell poorly.

Guys
    Warhammer is confirmed for the next game in the line up.
    China total war will never happen because it would sell about as well as sweet soy sauce

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Age of Justinian.

Rise of Islam? I hope they will do not do this. It would be both sacrilege (having the prophet in a game) and propaganda (let us kill infidels!!!!).

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Age of Justinian.

Rise of Islam? I hope they will do not do this. It would be both sacrilege (having the prophet in a game) and propaganda (let us kill infidels!!!!).
    That's an interesting point. Had not thought of that.

personally i would love colonialism total war which would be set just at the start of age of exploration and colonization of americas and african coast etc

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I'm interested in the period, but not as a game of it's own (maybe because TW already struggles depicting periods of which we have tons of information to try and make a proper representation of the dark ages).

That said, an Attila-like expansion (yes, that's exactly what it is) would probably fit perfectly. Byzantines, Visigoths and Arabs battling in the same map definatelly sounds interesting to me.

But I fear a fully fledged TW sequel featuring this period exclusively would be somewhat disappointing (and annoyingly similar to other TW games) and probably sell poorly.
    you do make a good argument mate. I would be interested in an Atilla expansion that includes my idea. I think the time period is a perfect setup for a total war game and was probably one of the most important pivotal points in history.

Quote Originally Posted by ponasozis View Post
    personally i would love colonialism total war which would be set just at the start of age of exploration and colonization of americas and african coast etc

Kinda da like an Empire:Total War?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses II The Great View Post
    Maybe 250 years earlier

You have a REALLY biased view of the islamic conquests.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

TW titles should have 2x less and much more worked over. No more spam thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses II The Great View Post

no
    i mean actual colonization when spain and portugese conquistadors first arrive on

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

He means Pike and Shot Era.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Skowdey View Post
    Guys
    Warhammer is confirmed for the next game in the line up.
    China total war will never happen because it would sell about as well as sweet soy sauce
    Warhammer Total War is not confirmed yet, and unlikely to be a main TW title. They've already made two games about Japan, why wouldn't China sell? A larger map and way more diversity, samurai might be more popular in the west but I don't see how this wouldn't sell.

Medieval 3 would be my biggest wish but on a different engine and completely different from previous games.

i don't think they should put religious names on the titles
    if they named the rise of cristianity instead of attila tw it would be just weird
    likewise rise of islam is weird

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast