Thread: Increasing Construction Slot ???

Default Increasing Construction Slot ???

Can we increase construction slot? Like recruitment slot, able to construct more than one building at the same time...

It is so stupid can make only 1 simple building even if we have a 750 population village or a huge city with ~25.000 population....

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Increasing Construction Slot ???

Nope, it's hardcoded AFAIK.

It is also said for recruitment slot before. I hope there is a way for this. It seems similar mechanism with recruitment.
    Last edited by Syanur; February 05, 2015 at 08:02 AM.

Dang. I seem to remember some sort of construction slot thingy in descr_settlement_mechanics.xml, but I can't find it. I must be misremembering.

This isn't a very satisfactory workaround, but one thing you could do would be to make higher-tier buildings (i.e., ones which require you to have a large or huge city or the like) faster to construct. (Example: since you need a huge city to upgrade a bimaristan to a great bimaristan anyway, maybe it needn't take 7 turns (considering that you already have a bimaristan as a foundation and that you have all the construction forces of a huge city at your disposal to build it). Compared to the size of the settlement, expanding a bimaristan in a big 30,000 population city isn't necessarily a bigger project than building a small masjid in some 1,000 population town.)
    ೋღ☃ღೋ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~you are a beautiful strong Catholic monarch~ ~
    ~ ~who don’t need no communion with Rome~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Syanur View Post
    It is also said for recruitment slot before. I hope there is a way for this. It seems similar mechanism with recruitment.
    I think in SS 6.4 the castle recruitment slots have been upgraded from 3 to 4 but I'm not a 100% sure that's correct. However I've never seen the construction slot upgraded.

For me it adds a strategic layer to the game. i.e. Should I build ballista towers or a church / mosque in my newest city while a horde is bearing down on me?