Thread: MAARC LVI Submissions

Default MAARC LVI Submissions

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC LVI!

Eligibility
    - The nominated AAR must have at least two updates in February.
    - The first place winner of the previous competition cannot compete in this current MAARC.
    - Only one AAR per person.
    - The submission of pre-published work is prohibited. Any story found to have been published offsite will be disqualified.
    - Nomination deadline: the last day of the month.
    - The competition is open for a month, followed by a one week, multi-poll vote.
    - If there are less than 5 nominations, the submission period is extended for one week, followed by a poll with reduced rewards. If less than 3 stories are nominated, the competition continues indefinitely until at least 3 stories have been submitted.
    - Usually authors nominate their own work. If you would like to nominate somebody else's work, please ask for the author's approval first (or encourage the author to nominate the AAR)!

Information to provide
    - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description/teaser

Advertisement Rules
    Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.

Asking for votes is not allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification and ban of 3 months from the Competition forums.

The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.

Awards
    4 points for the Winner
    3 points for Second Place
    2 points for Third Place

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the Writers'
    Study Competition Medals.

6 points - bronze medal
    12 points - silver medal
    24 points - gold medal

Please see the Writer's Study Information and FAQ Thread for more details.

Decanus

Default Re: MAARC LVI Submissions

Is this the right place to submit? It's the first time and I'm the first on here, so...

By the way, after having been proposed by Alwyn, I'd like to submit my AAR.

Title : KRONIKON TON BASILEION

Author: Roman Heritage

Game: Medieval II Total War Mod: Stainless Steel 6.4

Faction: the Eastern Roman Empire, also known as the Byzantine Empire

This AAR started a couple months ago out of curiosity. It was my first SS playthrough, and, surprisingly, it was proceeding rather well, so I chose to document it through an AAR Given my love for Byzantine military history, and essays on strategy and tactic, the Kronikon is centred on grand strategy, politic, battles and conflicts rather than on characters' personalities and feelings, although I've grown a tendency to "characterize" some people. It might be a good read for those who actually like grand strategy and a more pragmatic and "historical book looking" approach to Total War. It has actually gone through 90 or so turns, and I've had the chance to face a great number of enemies and perilous situations. If you look for politics, grand strategy, rebellions, dynastic matters, roleplay and nice battle screenshot, give it a try

Join us - We've got the Varangian Guard!

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Alright, have 2 updates in this month so here goes!

Title: Reunification: a Marcomanni AAR

Author: hooahguy14

Game: Rome 2 with the Radious overhaul mod

Faction: The Marcomanni, with the Imperator Augustus campaign

This AAR follows the trials and tribulations of the Marcomanni tribe as they climb the ladder to glory and greatness! They do so by uniting the rest of the Germanic tribes to reclaim their old glory which they achieved in my older AAR with the Suebi, also in Rome 2, which it references multiple times so reading the Suebi AAR before this one is advised, but not mandatory. It is rather picture-heavy so slow internet connections beware! Though I strive for great battle screenshots so even if it takes two hours to load all of them, you will never be disappointed!

Critics love it!

"What a wonderful introduction. Screenshots are impressive as always!!" -Chirurgeon

"An enthralling story with stunning images" and "The continuing rise of your confederation is impressive with great reporting of battles and stunning screenshots (+rep)." -Alwyn

"Wow! Great update. Your screenshots are amazing! It felt as if I was actually on the battlefield as read through." -Scottish King
    Last edited by hooahguy14; March 24, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Éirí Amach: Irish Rising (Ireland AAR)

When I was ten years old, they hanged my father and burned my home. Now, I fight for my survival and the freedom of my nation. My name is Jonathan Connolly.

An Empire: Total War AAR using the Empire Total Factions mod

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I have much less to offer you than the other entrants, but Merchant of Venice astonished me by very kindly suggesting I should enter my AAR into this MAARC. And if someone like Merchant of Venice suggests it, what can you do? So, here I am.

The required information seems to be:

Title: A Long Way From Home

Author: Caillagh

Game: Skyrim...

...kind of. The protagonist is currently in Cyrodiil, which doesn't appear in Skyrim, so I'm using screenshots from Oblivion at the moment. Almost all of the story will be in Skyrim, it just hasn't got there yet. I suppose at the moment it's more of a 'Before Action Report', since we haven't got as far as the events of my game of Skyrim...

...well, there we are! I suppose that's something I can offer you.

My lords, ladies, and gentlebeings, it is my honour to present to you (probably) the first Skyrim AAR in history to be entered into a MAARC before reaching Skyrim!

It's a Skyrim AAR that doesn't start in Skyrim. It's a Skyrim AAR that doesn't even start in the same world as Skyrim. It's the story of a man who doesn't know where he is, doesn't know why he's there, and hasn't the first idea what to do about it. And then the dragons arrive...

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

The White Horse
    Author: Scottish King
    Game: Empire Total War (Total War Mod)
    Faction: Hanover

The Electorate of Hanover has gone to war with its ally, Prussia, against Austria. Two young men, Hans and Gustav, eager to see the world, join the Hanoverian Expeditionary Force which is poised to fight its way through Europe. But war changes people and as Hans is learning sometimes not for the better.
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Blopwerth III's Avatar Civis

A Missionary's Perspective: The Diaries of Fr. Tullio de Sao Joao, S.J.

Game: Total War: Shogun

Faction: Otomo

It's 1545, just as the Sengoku Jidai is entering a crucial phase. The Daimyo battle, the peasants toil, the samurai fight, and the traders trade. And into this fiery maelstrom of a mess is Father Tullio de Sao Joao, Society of Jesus, newly ordained and fresh from the Jesuit seminary. He has been assigned, by Ignatius of Loyola himself, to bring the natives of this foreign land to Christ. But Portuguese and Japanese cultures are very different, and the local sohei do not take kindly to leading their flock astray. Tullio will have to use his wits, his Papal favor, and his unwavering faith in God to carry the day, lest the Prayer Wheel overcomes the Cross.
    Blopwerth III, the not-quite-emperor formerly known as Pringles VII!

(It might or might not involve copyright.)
    Pointless Norwegian flag!

Sorry blopeworth this MAARC has already gone up for vote