Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Daredevil (Season 3 full trailer)

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Daredevil (Season 3 full trailer)

Comes in April. Daredevil will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and will the first of four individual seasons devote to some of Marvel's other characters (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist), which will lead to them all to a Defenders miniseries. In total we should have thirteen episodes per character and then an eight episode miniseries for sixty episodes total.

Personally I'm happy about this show coming. It has good people attached to it (Charlie Cox, who played Owen in Boardwalk Empire, and Vincent D'onofrio) and it has Steven S DeKnight (Spartacus) as the showrunner.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; July 25, 2015 at 02:51 PM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Daredevil (Netflix Original Series)

So this a teaser for a teaser.

Class.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    So this a teaser for a teaser.

Class.
    Unfortunately it is pretty par for the course. Better than the movie a couple years ago that gave us 10-15 second snippets of the trailer before finally releasing the whole thing.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Well he can't still be fighting in Hell's Kitchen. It's a nice neighborhood now.

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

I find it rather funny that they now have teasers for teasers. Oh well, I personally eat it all up. Especially since Daredevil is one of my favorite characters in the comics.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Really? I always found him so uninteresting and bleh.

Well it is TV, teasers of all kinds are usual.

Daredevil is one of the most interesting characters of marvel in the comics, imo. That Ben Afleck movie gives him a bad rep. But Frank Miller comics of his are great.

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 04, 2015 at 03:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Nice trailer.
    it seems they are going the more gritty, dark, and noirish route. Wich is great.

Also nice to see they seem to know their lore with the dark "ninja"outfit. Well at least for some time.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 04, 2015 at 06:43 PM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Looks dark - and has Rosario Dawson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Looks dark - and has Rosario Dawson.
    Both of which are always pluses.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Why is it that all these american super heroes are experts in weird Asian material arts?

Blog Entries

Because a man in lycra and mask who can't do martial arts is obviously just wrong...

Why is it that all these american super heroes are experts in weird Asian material arts?
    lol Pasan i swear it is not the first time i cought you saying....... material arts

When people think of martial arts think east asia stuff, but the term is actualy european one, it comes from ancient rome. ( think the God of war Mars)
    From wiki
    Although the term martial art has become associated with the fighting arts of eastern Asia, it was originally referred to the combat systems of Europe as early as the 1550s. The term is derived from Latin, and means "arts of Mars", the Roman god of war.[1] Some authors have argued that fighting arts or fighting systems would be more appropriate on the basis that many martial arts were never "martial" in the sense of being used or created by professional warriors
    Because a man in lycra and mask who can't do martial arts is obviously just wrong...
    Pretty much.
    I was going to say due to japan influences of American culture firstly, with karate, via Okinawa, and in latter years the Chinese culture via its new wave imigrants, in no small part due to this american philosopher and actor, of Chinese descendancy.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

All those influences in american pop culture, is also a result of the Multi cultural tissue of US over the course of the decades. Imo. Naturaly it will reflect in its arts and midia and so on.
    But that was what i was going to say, your reasoning, is pretty much straight foward. I take it.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 08, 2015 at 07:53 AM.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Unfortunately it is pretty par for the course. Better than the movie a couple years ago that gave us 10-15 second snippets of the trailer before finally releasing the whole thing.
    Yeah, that's what I've noticed. It used to be a one-minute teaser a year before the full release, then a 2-3 minute trailer about four or five months before release. In the age of Youtube and social media, even a teaser for a teaser generates tons of publicity. TV and movie studios are taking advantage of that because they can.

By the way, I hope they have his original costume at some point in the series.

Last edited by IronBrig4; February 08, 2015 at 09:35 AM.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

From an out of universe perspective, while most big heroes were created in the 60s or before, most of them had their characters really defined in the 70s and 80s. In the 70s kung fu films were a huge influence on American pop culture, while in the 80s Japanese culture was a influence on it. Plus Asian mysticism is an easy way to explain super powers and abilities.

But while many do use Asian martial arts (Batman (and all Batman related heroes), Daredevil, Iron Fist, Wolverine (and all wolverine related heroes), Shang-Chi, Elektra, Psylocke, Black Widow, etc.) I don't think it's accurate to say that all or most do. Also I will say that many of those I listed, and a good number of all Asian martial arts users, are not American (although yes they were created by an American company).

A lot of times they will try to match the martial art with nationality or ethnicity though. For example both Batroc (who is French) and Gambit (who is Cajun) use French fighting style Savate.
    Last edited by the_mango55; February 08, 2015 at 10:07 AM.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    A lot of times they will try to match the martial art with nationality or ethnicity though. For example both Batroc (who is French) and Gambit (who is Cajun) use French fighting style Savate.
    And don't forget Jarvis, the RAF's former boxing champion.

Most of the heroes who weren't inspired by Far Eastern material seem to not really have a fighting style. Even the bruisers such as Hulk and Luke Cage prefer to steamroll over their opponents and beat the crap out of them. That's because they're so strong they don't even need a disciplined technique.

Last edited by IronBrig4; February 08, 2015 at 03:17 PM.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

A'yup. Looks pretty badass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    A'yup. Looks pretty badass.
    D'Onofrio was a genius casting decision.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast