Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ideas thread?

Default Re: Ideas thread?

No need to post in more than one thread, we keep a close eye on all of them.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Yeah, I've got an idea. Port this baby to 1.5 so I can play it.......

You' re not playing because you don't have 1.6?! I was under the impression that the Eras Pack costs very cheap right now...

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    You' re not playing because you don't have 1.6?! I was under the impression that the Eras Pack costs very cheap right now...
    I have Eras but my RTW/BI disc screwed up so I bought a $10 copy of RTW to replace it - no BI, only 1.5.

EDIT: Your comment Aradan spurred me to locate my old RTW Gold disk. I tested it and the damned thing worked. I cannot explain this, but am happy nevertheless. It is currently installing, then I will download FATW

All you guys who were so busy porting the mod to 1.5 just for me can now relax
    Last edited by boofhead; August 17, 2007 at 07:10 AM.

Now you tell us? And I was almost done porting...!

Great, glad your game is OK now. Enjoy FATW!

i know i'm not suppose to post big thought changes on this thread but do you think it would be a good idea to have Khand as a faction in a next release if there is going to be another. they always had their own separate culture and land even if controlled by the Easterlings for most of the time. if at all it would be nice to see them put up a beater fight since i was just playing with the Eatserlings the Variags only lasted around 6 turns.
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

Khand was originally going to be a faction on their own but due to the infamous time constraint it was later merged into a subculture of Rhun. Maybe in the future though...

well i'm actually quite suprised that you somewhat agreed with me. wow.

if you were going to add new factions which faction would be first, second, third, ........ it would be nice to know what might be coming up.

Always hypothetically speaking (and this isn't a promise or future plan or anything): I'd say the order would be Khand, Arnor, can't-think-of-any-other

what about moria, dale,the lonely mountain with iron hills, mirkwood, rivendeil(i think Elrond left), lothlorien(i think Galadriel left), i know lindon did saty around for while into the fourth age, blue mountain dwarves, dorwinion(mayabe). you could always say some evil necromancer had men of the forodwaith creating an evil kingdom in carn dum(angmar).

these are some faction possibilities. tell me what you think about these.

Dale is already in-game...

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    what about moria, dale,the lonely mountain with iron hills, mirkwood, rivendeil(i think Elrond left), lothlorien(i think Galadriel left), i know lindon did saty around for while into the fourth age, blue mountain dwarves, dorwinion(mayabe). you could always say some evil necromancer had men of the forodwaith creating an evil kingdom in carn dum(angmar).

these are some faction possibilities. tell me what you think about these.
    Dwarven faction is supposed to include Iron Hills, Blue Mountains and Erebor (perhaps Moria too), Lorien was abandoned when Galadriel left, Rivendell is almost empty and surely not enough for an own faction, Lindon had more population but still not nearly enough for an own faction, Mirkwood is supposed to be the centre of the Elven faction, Dorwinion is a mere province and definitely not strong or important enough to be a faction, and evil necromancers have better things to do than corrupting the Lossoth...

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

This won't really matter but should Harad have Elephants? I read somewhere that there were suppoes to be elephants in Far Harad but that would probably overpower Harad. Also how did the Mouth of Sauron survive the fall of Barad-Dur?

What?

Are you talking about Mumakils? In that case, they already do!

No, I'm talking about elephants. See thats what I wrote

ya ccllnply, mumakil are giant, oversized, beast like elephants from far harad

@ arakorn-eir
    ya iknow they're in custom battles but i meant in the campaign

@ aradon
    well i know i was putting some random thoughts out their but i was just trying to stirr up some thoughts for campaign factions any future releases if their are any. i know khand, Arnor, dale, dwarves, and moria, and mirkwood would be obvious choices but i was just trying to throw others out there.

thanks for the replies i just want to see if this already incredible mod can get any better.

FATW *can* get better.. And it will. Good things take time... So, patience!
    And btw more factions doesn't necessarily mean a better mod.

Can you please provide source for the elephants you mention?

http://www.glyphweb.com/ARDA/

I was wrong about the Far Harad thing I just thought this might be worth taking a look at

Edit:Sorry I couldn't get a direct link but if you look in the E index you should find elephants
    Last edited by ccllnply; September 01, 2007 at 09:39 AM.

never herd of their being a lesser cousin elephant to the mumakil, quite interesting.