Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Ideas thread?

Default Re: Ideas thread?

By just taking a quick look at it, it looks nice. I'll check it further and come back. Thx for the input!!

The file by itself is very good. It needed some extra conditions, but that was all, it was very well done overall. BUT the thing is that our existing traits/ancs do the very same thing, only in a bit more refined and simple manner. So there is actually no need to change them.

The good news is that motivated by your file I checked some triggers again and I corrected a missing condition. Thank you!

Just an idea for the export_descr_buildings concerning Rohan’s recruits of rohan cavspear, rohan cavspear fiefdom and rohan cavspear outland units. At the moment Rohan ends up with three units of Rohan Spears (rohan cavspear, rohan cavspear fiefdom and rohan cavspear outland) the only difference being the number of men in a unit.

My idea is this:

recruit "rohan cavspear" 2 requires factions { huns, } and hidden_resource rohan

recruit "rohan cavspear fiefdom" 2 requires factions { huns, } and hidden_resource freefolk and not hidden_resource rohan

recruit "rohan cavspear outland" 2 requires factions { huns, } and not hidden_resource freefolk and not hidden_resource rohan

This way there should be only one unit of Rohan Spears to recruit.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Yes, but the reason why all three are available - in addition to options for the player with limited funds - is that they can all be retrained. Splitting them up as you suggest would mean the player having to track down which settlements he can retrain each at - and that was disliked very much when our USV (unit-size variation) system was active.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men