Thread: no paved road options in capital cities

Icon5 no paved road options in capital cities

So I think I brought this up a long time ago, but for some reason I can never construct paved roads in capital cities ( ie I can constuct the first three, but not the last) or to be more specific I guess custom cities, I only played as Labryanna so far ( just installed the new version after about a year hiatus) so Im not sure if other Civs who can buil paved road are affected by this, anyhow if anyone got a solution I love to hear it as my OCD is driven crazy by the small patches of just normal roads.

Default Re: no paved road options in capital cities

Double post.....
    Last edited by Eldren; February 02, 2015 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TatlTael View Post
    So I think I brought this up a long time ago, but for some reason I can never construct paved roads in capital cities ( ie I can constuct the first three, but not the last) or to be more specific I guess custom cities, I only played as Labryanna so far ( just installed the new version after about a year hiatus) so Im not sure if other Civs who can buil paved road are affected by this, anyhow if anyone got a solution I love to hear it as my OCD is driven crazy by the small patches of just normal roads.
    Not every faction can get "paved roads". So if you want a faction that can't get them to have them, You'll have to edit the export_descr_buildings File.
    If you use M2TW on Steam. It is found here: Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data
    Just remember if you edit this file. Your saves for HTW may not be compatible with the changes. So you won't be able to continue them if that is the case.

Now I just looked at the export_descr_buildings File. And these factions can get paved roads, hylian, zora, lanayru, darknut, labrynna. But it says you need a Level 4 settlement to be able to build them in that Settlement.

Try it out and if your still having Issues, ask here again.
    Also if you want to have other factions get paved roads. Find these Lines of code below and do the modification stated in red.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

paved_roads city requires factions { hylian, zora, lanayru, darknut, labrynna, (Add In Faction Name Here Plus ",") } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_4
    {
    convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    road_level 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1200
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    fine_roads
    }
    }
    Last edited by Eldren; February 02, 2015 at 02:59 PM.

thanks for the info Eldren. I suppose I should have provided more ground work. When I re-installed, I remembered that I couldn't build paved roads in Lynna city the last time I played so I did a little cheating have all the buildings and upgrades built in symettry and lynna City this time . However while paved roads appeared for symmetry they did not for Lynna city even though i upgraded it to a metropolis the same as the last time I played it before. I suspect it has something to do with custom settlements, because I just tried the same for hyrule, and for some reason hyrule prime cant build them either, but vijaro one of hyule's normal cities can. Any thoughts?