Thread: CTD No explanation

Default CTD No explanation

As I first loaded the game everything went perfectly fine. Then I explore since it was a first time start up and when I select a unit card it seems fine then I close the unit card and suddenly I get an unexplained CTD. I go to check the log in the main Medieval 2 folder and it says the log is empty. I was wondering if this is a known issue or perhaps simply requires some fix on my end.

Default Re: CTD No explanation

You need to set the log to trace. Read the error reporting Read Me in the Stickies.

In case it helps, a similar problem was reported by another person before (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-weird-crashes). There was nothing obvious in the error log, except reports for wrong sized unit cards. There were once some wrong sized cards and that problem has been fixed. The user who previously reported this problem had installed the game outside the medieval directory and at least it seemed he had at some point - at least once - also copied one other mod in the sme way and that some files had become mixed up.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; February 02, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

Laetus

Hello Geoffrey of Villehardouin

The mod is crashing constantly on strategic map view during my Swiss campaign. It is now Turn 111 and year 1627. To this moment campaign worked well.

Please help - i have included the log.M2TW.system.log.txt.zip

Sorry, I only got a chance to look at this now.

The last entry in the error log, which may indicate where the problem is as there seems to be no other error, is at a point where a section of the campaign script begins (King's purse for very hard). It may be that something was deleted accidentally around that point, if you ever opened this file. Alternatively, if you added a custom script, the problem seems to be at line 16974. If you have not edited the campaign script, your problem may go away if you re-install patch 6, which will restore the original version of the campaign script. If you started the campaign after modifying the campaign script, then that could be the cause of the problem. I think someone said they were running a submod that changed the economy script. The submod may not be fully tested for all difficulty levels or all situations and could fail, if that was something you were using.