Thread: Dutch broadcasting network taken hostage

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Default Dutch broadcasting network taken hostage

http://nos.nl/artikel/2016194-nos-re...endringer.html (Warning: it's all in Dutch)

Around 8 p.m. local time (at the same time as the news is usually broadcast) an unknown man armed with a pistol entered the broadcasting station of the Dutch NOS and demanded he be given air time to broadcast a speech of his. The man claimed that he (as well as other members of an as of yet unidentified hacker group) had 'important things to say', that they 'had been hired by intelligence agencies' and that they had heard things 'which casted doubt on society'. (I'm probably mistranslating this to some extent, the original quotes are in the link (in Dutch ofc)). The man apperantly carried a letter talking about explosives as well, so the police are searching the building.

The man has been arrested by the police. No shots have been fired. Since the man was in the studio with a running camera at the time of the arrest, there is a video of him walking around, talking to a hostage about the situation and his eventual arrest.

If this is insufficient information for a discussion, please close this thread. It's the first time I'm creating one of these, so I don't really know what I should add.

EDIT: The letter seems to have claimed there are eight nuclear bombs spread throughout the country, so the police searching the building might be unrelated to the supposed explosives.

EDIT 2: link to article in English: http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/01/29/arm...ation-hostage/
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; January 29, 2015 at 03:25 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Default Re: Dutch broadcasting network taken hostage

Your quotes are good.
    Hope he is just crazy. (and it looks like that).

Actualy I wanted to hear his speech

Last edited by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus; January 29, 2015 at 03:21 PM.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

TASS07's Avatar Miles

So do we know anything about the "corner" that he was coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by TWmodding View Post
    Your quotes are good.
    Hope he is just crazy. (and it looks like that).

Actualy I wanted to hear his speech
    Yeah, I'm kinda curious as well. Don't expect it to be much of significance, but who knows?
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Too many smurf berries.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

"North african who lost his parents not long ago"
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

so uhh, did he get to say anything?

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    nope, he was arrested before he got his chance to shine, I'm afraid.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    "The things that are going to be said [pause] - those are very large world affairs. We were hired by the security service."

"Illuminato confirmed?" got me roling

I say a depressed psycho who plays a lot of GTA V who reads a lot of conspiracy theories
    Last edited by Ybbon; January 30, 2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: link removed

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

He didn't wear a mask, and had no knives.

N00b

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

His gun was fake and he made fake threaths, not really anything to spend too much time on.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Indeed, as it has turned out, nothing political here.

Moved from the Mudpit to the TD.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Seems he was a student at the Technical University Delft and part of a fraternity, reaction of the frat leader: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/co...caster/co4zr63
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל