Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] - The Meereenese Knot - Final Map Preview, Page 7

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] - The Meereenese Knot - WIP Sigils

Hmmm, could be good... Still, I'll probably start off by just leaving them out and maybe add them in a later release.

BTW, I had an idea for a Danerys marriage script.

At various points in the game Danny will be asked to marry certain suitors. Accepting/refusing will grand bonuses and penalties, but she can only accept one of the following:

Marry Cleon: Accept) This will trigger a give_everything script and combine the two factions. To prevent it from being too OP it might also spawn some new Yunkish units.
    Refuse) Meereen and Astapor are no longer allied.

Marry Hizdar: Accept) Activates the (huge) Fighting Pit public order bonus, and unlocks recruitment of Pit Fighters. Maybe it also changes Dany's religion to help deal with unrest?
    Refuse) Maybe adds a negative public order buf to the pits? Is that even possible? Alternatively, it could load some nasty Sons of the Harpy events which could trigger later.

Marry Xaro: Accept) Gives Dany a one-time cash infusion and some free Qartheen galleys and camel riders.
    Refuse) Qarth joins the Slaver Coalition, spawning troops and ships near Meereen

Marry Daario: Accept) Allows Dany to recruit (loyal) sellswords directly in Meereen
    Refuse) Meh, she still gets laid.

Marry Quentyn: Accept) Maybe a +2 authority anc?
    Refuse) Nothing

Marry Victarion: Accept) The Iron Fleet will stick around and help Dany
    Refuse) What do you think Victarion would do? I won't be including Dragon Horn mechanics, so maybe he just starts fighting against her? How about she gets him for 3 turns, but if after that she doesn't marry him he switches sides?

Anyone else out there who could potentially marry the Princess who was Promised? Maybe that Khal she runs across?
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; January 28, 2015 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    True, but they are heavily invested in the Slaver cause, and it is never confirmed what their religion is. Still, I might make them worship Rhollor or something...

BTW, those Brazen Beasts look sweet! Not I just need to figure out how to make them... Brazen Beasts are just Shavepates right? I don't think Shavepates served in any other capacity so it should be OK to combine the two.

Didn't the Valyrians worship thousands of gods? Just throw them under a general "Valyrian Gods" category. And change the sigil.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i think rhllor is the biggest religion in volantis, and they have the biggest temple.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    Didn't the Valyrians worship thousands of gods? Just throw them under a general "Valyrian Gods" category. And change the sigil.
    The thing is, the Free Cities don't worship those Valyrian gods if I recall correctly. Still, being closer to Valyria I suppose Tolos/Mantarys/Elyria (TME) might. Speaking of which, maybe I should just call them Mantarys, and make Tolos and Elyria be "subjects". Mantarys is the biggest, though we know almost nothing about any of them.

actually, the old valyrians didnt give much of a crap about the gods, according to AWOIAF. have you considered culture?

as for a factionname, perhaps something like "The Lands of the Long Summer", or "Mantarys Alliance".

Well the Lands of the Long Summer are full of demons, fire, and brimstone right? Or do people actually live south of Mantarys? I was gonna block it all off with mountains and give it an (inaccessible) rebel city for Valyria.

Maybe we can call them the Mantaryn League?

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

Or the new Valyrian freehold.

Yeah, the Valyrian League sounds good! They certainly have nowhere near as much power, but it makes sense for them to call themselves that.

good idea.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Why not make the Iron Fleet a playable faction? They could be like Danny without any settlements but a huge Navy instead of an army. Perhapse they start physically far away from anyone so they still show up late to the game like in the books? This could then pose faction merging like the Cleon one you've proposed, but with the same ramifications of the faction turning on her and taking her as Victarion's prize instead of his bride.

I'm actually really liking the prospect of a real Iron Born faction. All navy, all blockades, and all pillaging.

Perhaps, a few problems though:

1) The map is pretty small, so they would be in it from the early game regardless of starting position.

2) Their fleet is really tiny (~45 ships and ~4,500 raiders, less than the Qartheen sent, WAY less than Volantis sent), and they can't train more reinforcements.

As such, I'll probably just have them appear on behalf of one faction or another, sorry.

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] - The Meereenese Knot - Updated Sigils

Some ideas:

1. Ruined Cities. Create a settlement called "Ruins". Wich give -XXX income -XXX pop growth. This building is hinterland, cant be destroyed. For a GREAT amount of gold u can upgrade it to "Rebuilt City". This new level can give nothing or a great POP BOOM. As u wish. To every building u add a requisite: "And not present building "Ruins". So till u rebuilt a city u wont be able to build nothing there.

2. Use the "Ruins" feature. If u conquer a settlement and choose "exterminate". You can create by script a bulding on that exterminated city. Called, Ruins. So u could completly devastate a region if u want. (Drake fire?)

3. Greyjoy. Make them an horde faction. They will appear in the slavers bay and will help Daenerys. Then a script pops up: Marry Victarion? If she accepts, both become allies. And Victarion keeps there to help his wife to rule all the slavers bay before going Westeros. If she refuse, Victarion objective will be to take her as his salt wife, by the force, how? Conquering her lands, and forcing her to accept him as husband. A "Union of Kalmar" script will give everything from Daenerys to Victarion.

4. Sellswords companys. U can set scripts for every sellsword company. In order that if his "owner" is losing the war, they turn their coat. Or if his lord has no gold to pay them, they turn their coat. For example, "Second sons" if Yunkai lost XXX city, seconds sons become Daenerys. Or if Yunkai has treasure <5.000 second sons become Daenerys.

5. Knights of the Old Knight. Barristan could become to train squires in Meeren. When the event pops up, u will be able to build a new building there "House of the Knights". Wich will allow u to recruit Ghiscari Knights. I suggest u to set them as 0 starting pool and a low replentishment to no make Daenerys OP.

6. Bronze Beast. They should be the "city watch" for Daenerys. A light unit but loyal, so high moral. With FREE UPKEEP.

7. Freemen of Danerys. They are slaves, but released, armed and with a few training. So i suggest you to create 2 kind of units: Released Slaves. This unit will have a sword and a small shield, with no amor. Will be the basic troop of Daenerys, really similar to Ghiscari slaves but with high moral and small better at and def stats, will be the STARTING army of Daenerys, with his Unusulied. And then the "Freemen", this could be recruitable in Danerys settlements, with better equipment and training will be really better than the simple "released slaves".

8. Greyjoy Army. Greyjoys wouldnt be able to recruit more ironborn troops in the Slavers Bay. But their units should be REALLY BETTER than the slavers one. A unit of ironborns should defeat, smash and destroy a Yunkish army in a proportion of 1:5 at least. And DONT FORGET that Victarions Fleet was divided and he left the order to all his boats to go with him to the Slavers Bay when them appear, so u could give him small amounts of reinforcements trought script, a boat with a unit, etc. What u want. They should be able to train ghiscari slaves or released slaves too in the lands they conquer. The ironborn likes slavery anyway so... Wheres the problem bro? xD

9. Mantarys, Ellyria and Tolos. Should be "Valyrian Culture" or something similar, like Volantis. They can be allies of the slavers, but they ARE NOT ghiscaris. The culture, the religion, the skin, the race, the traditions... All is different.

10. They are slavers, then add slavers mechanics, no? You can add buildings like "Slave Camp" or "Slave Market". Wich could produce a GREAT amount of income. But give too a great malus to public order. You could allow them to recruit slaves too, maybe. Or give recruiting slots to Slave camps. For example. Most Ghiscari Cities should start with this buildings, and they WONT GIVE nothing to Daenerys facction, no income bonus, no recruiting options. Nothing. But they should cost A LOT to be built. So if Daenerys conquers a Slaver city, she will destroy that slavers building what will give her a GREAT income burst. This will balance a bit your campaign and will give the slavers faction a reason to try to defeat her quickly before she destroys all their slave system, because it would be very expensive to rebuilt.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

If you wanted to polarize the game a bit and makes cooperation a thing, you could make there be two Cultures: Slavery or Anti-Slavery. Just an idea. Not sure how well it would work.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Slavory (recruitment/buildings) is easily adjusted in the EDB where you simply add ex: requires faction: moors (ghiscari), turks (new ghis) and so on.

I suggest you use religion as culture/etnicity and simply leave it as: Valyrian, Ghiscari, Lhazar, Dothraki, Westerosi, even if you have no Lamb&Horse factions you can use the cultures to trigger the public order in the hinterlands of slavers bay.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Korps, its even easier. Instead of "faction X, faction Y, faction Z"... He just have to set "Requires religion ghiscari". And its done

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Except Valyrians also have slaves...
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Weeeelll. Requires religion valyrian or religion ghiscari. That if he sets Daenerys faction religion as Westerosi or "Daenerys". If he wants to set it as Valyrian and he sets Mantarys Alliance as Valyrian too, he just would have to set it: "Requires religion Ghiscari or requires faction Mantarys".

I'll probably just do "requires faction" (or some events, for Cleon), because I might include a religion-change script to help out Dany w/ public order (she starts as Faith of the Seven, but cannot construct septs to help simulate her public order/outsider problems). Probably it happens when she marries Hizdar? Also, maybe Barristan's knight building has, like, a 1% conversion bonus?

Either way, culture-wise I'll be making the Valyrian league "southern european", and everyone else "mesoamerican" (dem pyramids).

Edit: Anyone know a good way to strip down a map to 1 province? If anyone's got the time, it would be great if they could do this for AOPK and send me the map_regions/strat/regions files so I could start work . Every time I strip out the old map info it crashes...

i think middle-eastern would fit them better, domes and all. southern european is more western free cities.

The thing is, we're going for the sort of Valyrian feel for these guys, so shouldn't they look more like the Free Cities? That's sort of where I'm going with the rosters...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast