Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] - The Meereenese Knot - Final Map Preview, Page 7

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] - The Meereenese Knot - Preview/Image-Sercher Recruitment on Page 5

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced Ape View Post
    Here is over 80 Essos pics which you may find fitting - http://www.filedropper.com/essos

I probably have more in my main Westeros folder, but that's over 1100 pics....
    These all look good, but for me it's mostly a question of time. I'm currently sorting through a ton of new building chains and don't really have time to spare on sorting out new images...

BTW, I could also use help on strat work and what not if anyone's interested.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] - The Meereenese Knot - Preview/Image-Sercher Recruitment on Page 5

Are you still going to get to use the units from Essos Total war? or have things changed?

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Are you still going to get to use the units from Essos Total war? or have things changed?
    No, I'm still using the units.

Great those units were awesome , it was a shame when the mod went dark, glad you were able to include them for this mod.

BTW, the Front Page announcers made the mistake of listing this as "released". For anyone wondering, it is still in development (though if you want to help speed things along, we would certainly appreciate it ).

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

an idea for the valyrians: since they are more of a loose alliance, they dont really have a common leader. the closest thing theyd have would be a military commander (leader) and his second (heir), so make them Archon or something else greek, and a sort of master of horse (thats a constellation greeks and romans usually had). they could even have bad traits attached when it comes to administration, since they are precisely not supposed to run a city, only its forces. then give a magister trait to other characters, who then have positive traits for administration.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    an idea for the valyrians: since they are more of a loose alliance, they dont really have a common leader. the closest thing theyd have would be a military commander (leader) and his second (heir), so make them Archon or something else greek, and a sort of master of horse (thats a constellation greeks and romans usually had). they could even have bad traits attached when it comes to administration, since they are precisely not supposed to run a city, only its forces. then give a magister trait to other characters, who then have positive traits for administration.
    Interesting idea! Yeah, I think that's probably wise. A Mantaryn would likely be in charge, with a Tolosi or Elyrian second.

depends if any city is dominant, would likely be a lot of political conniving behind it

Well yeah, true. Still Mantarys is the biggest and will be providing the bulk of the troops. Plus, Tolos and Elyria both have major ports, meaning they are most likely rivals at sea. This would make a Mantaryn leader an good "neutral" compromise. Maybe he can have a super disloyal Elyrian second or something? Tolos and Mantarys are both land rivals, so the Mantaryns would likely want an Elyrian next in line.

all true. as for mechanics, all comes down to authority anyway. a character could gain authority by eg: high level command trait, magister trait, and whatever politician traits there are already ( though they usually only give puplic order and stuff afaik). gaining authority through non-military means could represent the danger of someone gettting the job who isnt really qualified, just a scheming bastard.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; February 21, 2015 at 10:12 PM.

Yeah, character-wise I think they'll have 3 "administrators" and 3 "generals", with the generals being the leader and second. Kinda funny but they're actually the factions that I'm most stoked about making/playing . Anyways, I just put together some new UI and loading screens, and everything else is coming along.

Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; February 21, 2015 at 10:24 PM.

lol same for me. they are kinda obscure, so theres some mystery to them, and it gives a lot of creative freedom. also, we know how fast one can become sick of daenerys stubborn/born of words/wind.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    lol same for me. they are kinda obscure, so theres some mystery to them, and it gives a lot of creative freedom. also, we know how fast one can become sick of daenerys stubborn/born of words/wind.
    True dat . Though I am pretty stoked about including the Dragon Knights for her.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Great news, looking eagerly forward to this!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Here's some Unsullied and Lockstep Legionaries:

Credit to Hannibal for the models/skins, and me for the shield reskins. More previews on the way .
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; February 23, 2015 at 12:29 AM.

great
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

The first image helmet is a.. bell? a beehive?

no, silly, its a bellhive

id stick with the name Iron Legion(ary), since lockstep legions are something old ghis had, and the unsullied are the only close thing that exists now. and new ghis is oc a far cry from that.

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

maybe new ghis can colonize old ghis and recruit the old legionnaires from there?

bit easy, dont you think. its like someone opening olde sparta up again, and expecting they can just reintroduce the agoge, and everything coming out there is a badass.