Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots Introduction

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots Preview and Download - Finally it has arrived

Fantastic, thanks pictish01, that's great news. With the Barons Alliance, I added the settlements to them that historically were the quickest to rebel, but I didn't do it for the Comyn faction, which I'll do for the next version.

I'm just delaying it slightly longer to ensure this is a fairly stable version before continuing.

Me again. Maybe I'm very stupid, but I thought that Scotland was divided by numerous clans. But when I start the campaign Scotland is united. Did I do something wrong or did I missed something in your I intro? Many thanks btw it works smooth, but it crashed one time. No biggy I guess

Okay now it keeps crashing at the same turn. I'm at turn 10 and when I end turn the game crashes when the barons allience comes to turn (which I didn't even see)

Patrician

Thanks pictish01, I'm glad these are working out. They are still not implemented fully, with regards to which regions rebel. I'm testing the barons alliance at the moment, giving certain settlements the tage of haing them as a creator, hoping that enable those to more often (statistically, not frequency) rebel and I'll have that settled by the large map version.

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Thanks pictish01, I'm glad these are working out. They are still not implemented fully, with regards to which regions rebel. I'm testing the barons alliance at the moment, giving certain settlements the tage of haing them as a creator, hoping that enable those to more often (statistically, not frequency) rebel and I'll have that settled by the large map version.
    in my first campaign the barons appeared in the English regions bordering Scotland then in second campaign they appeared along the Welsh border so all good, looking forward to finished campaign, and i assume Comyn faction rebel in Scottish regions? Which would be a major challenge for the Scots! haha

Patrician

Brilliant, that's exactly where I wanted them to rebel, not only for the initial, but for subsequent as well.

The finished campaign is coming along but slowly at the moment. Yes Comyn's will rebel in traditional Comyn territory, in the small campaign though it is a lot harder, but more than likely, Badenoch, Buchan, Mar, possibly even Lochaber.

I will show the biggest map off this weekend.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Totally looking forward to seeing the larger campaign map!

Anyway, I haven't commented so far because I am having trouble with my downloads at the moment!

I am working on it!

Well done on getting V.1 out Border Reiver.

Hello!
    I have a problem, when i start a new campaing, i can se the map normally, but there is no interface on the screen.. only white blocks where the interface should be. All the buttons are missing too, so when i wan't to get out of the game i click exit, but then can't click the button to confirm it, becouse it isn't there.
    Is this my fault or is it a bug?

Patrician

This occurs when you don't have the files unpacked. This was one of those annoying "features" of mods needing to be installed to unpacked games.

However, this is probably more an oversight on my behalf, so thanks for the reminder that I should add them for the patch due to come out shortly. But I have added them as an attachment in this post in the meantime.

Simply copy and paste the ui folder (take out of zipped folder first) straight over the top of your ui folder at this location (or the exact directory you installed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\KingdomoftheScots\data\ui

*N.B - Files courtesy of Gigantus Bare Geo Mod installer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you!
    It works now. Looking forward to trying out the mod now, i'll report anything unusual as i play

I noticed that the Welsh, Irish and Norway don't have a banner in the diplomacy window.

Also some of the mercenary units don't have names but instead it says "unlocalised placement text".

Patrician

Hi Malcolm, Thankyou and I hope you get your downloads working. Is it just the moddb site that won't work for you?

The Big MAp is far from finished but I have enough done to show as a Preview now.

Veber, I have uploaded the MTW2 files, instead of the Kingdoms files, that's why those 3 factions are not displaying right. I will upload correctly later today, apologies for that.

Patrician

Of many colours, sorry I missed your posts above. I have left the original campaign intactus. Please choose the custom campaign. The original will be removed shortly.

The crash on turn 10 can be fixed by using the patch file I added to the thread.

Oh sorry i tought you didn't know, just wanted to help

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

so nice to see this out! congratz guys =)
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Welsh campaign problem Saethwyr unit routes at battle starting, export desc - stat_mental 165, normal, highly_trained?

I have a problem now. I'm playing with Clan Chattan, the Baron's alliance apeared, the rebels started apearing (like they should), but in turn 20, when i press the end turn button it crashes when Englad comes to turn. Any idea why? =)

the mod is awesome but the hotseat is only for the original Britannia campaign

do I replace original ui or put the folder inside it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast