Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots Introduction

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots Preview and Download - Finally it has arrived

Mod is fine, and I have even almost translated the book into Russian, but... During the campaign I had much CTD. The script uses Trait FactionRegent, but there is no it in export_descr_character_traits. May it be the cause? Also there aren't enough descriptions in export_units, for example, for unit Campbell Arras Warrior. I hope, errors will be fixed. Thanks.
    P.S. Sorry for my poor English

Well guys team of this great mod i wan't of my point of view to thank you for this awesome mod, ok its in 0.1 betta i guess but it plays awesome and i am having a blast with the campaign with the Scots. I love the realism and all of the little details that your guys added to the map like the monastires and the seep vilages and more.! At first i had problems because it loaded the mod but it was with wierd colors and more.! But i instaled my version of MTW2/Kingdoms 1.5 to my other hard drive and redownload this version and now its working great. I don't know if you continue with more versions and ading stuff but i realy enjoy with this version so imo this is the best mod for the Britannia campaign so bravo dudes and dudettes.! "FREEDOMMMMMMMMMM"

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Too bad it's dead though.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Downloading the Redux version now (1.013GB) and will have a look if it can be improved where stability is concerned.

@Basil - going by the pic in the download thread you had a block graphic issue. Can be easily fixed.

I think I will repack it into an automated installer like I did with my recent endeavours and fix the Steam compatibility, block graphics and whatever else I'll find.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 25, 2019 at 06:52 AM.

That would be awesome @ gigantus thanks in advance

Blog Entries

This could take a bit longer then just a day or two, it appears a good number of things need to be attended to, underneath my to do list so far

--- done ---
    moved KotS campaign to main folder
    corrected menu layout
    provided missing character names
    corrected format issues in script
    created dummy FactionRegent trait
    provided complete set of sound txt files
    generated new set of sound files
    provided missing unit sprite files
    provided missing unit attachment references
    corrected unit mesh file references
    provided faction maps
    disabled vanilla custom battles
    provided missing historic event text
    provided missing trading icons

--- pending ---
    provided unit name entries
    removed surplus files (enums, lookups, model files, old campaign)
    provided automated installer

What else will you be doing with this mod? Will there be many new units for each faction and many new settlements?

Blog Entries

Just cleaning it up, making it Steam compatible and easy to install, that's all.

Many of us have been waiting years for this to be cleaned up. How ever long it takes is worth it

how many units in the game and settlements? Thank god someone is able to make this mod possible to play!

Blog Entries

494 units in EDU
    74 regions

Here is the present faction starting layout

Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2019 at 08:24 PM.

What other units would you possibly be able to add... I know u have 4 more slots left open... so I was just wondering? When you are done with this mod... would it be possible to clean up Chivalry 2: Sicilian Vespers?

Blog Entries

After cleaning up (removed 57 redundant units) and adding the units (14) required to play the custom battles there remains a total of 452 units.
    The removed units have been kept in a separate EDU and a list of those units is available in case someone wants to integrate them, it won't be me.

So if you were to assume anything at this point when will this mod be done? No rush though! Ps I need help with m2tw. It loads then nothing but the sound. Idk what else to do to fix it. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

Blog Entries

And we are live, version 0.2 is now available - see here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234