Thread: I crash after i hit start

Default I crash after i hit start

So i hit start and the darthmod image comes up. I loaded a bit then an error screen comes up. Thing is the darthmod image stays on top so i cant see the error. Only way i know it an error message is because my cursor goes from loading to regular so i searched around and got it to close the program but i still dont know exactly why its crashing. Ive tried the solutions on the general page but it still crashes. Please help

Default Re: I crash after i hit start

hey more info
    saw the error
    The instruction at "0x7c937331" reference memory at "0x004f2e90". The memory could not be "written".

Quote Originally Posted by sweet00th5 View Post
    So i hit start and the darthmod image comes up. I loaded a bit then an error screen comes up. Thing is the darthmod image stays on top so i cant see the error. Only way i know it an error message is because my cursor goes from loading to regular so i searched around and got it to close the program but i still dont know exactly why its crashing. Ive tried the solutions on the general page but it still crashes. Please help

Before installation you can also delete the file preferences.empire_script.txt
    in %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts.
    This file can be responsible for CTD or freezes for various reasons and so then it needs clean up. (The game produces a new one after delete).

Same problem here. I recently moved my windows install to an SSD an reinstalled Steam onto HDD E:
    I resinstalled Empire and Darthmod but have the same results as the OP. I tried deleting preferences.empire_script.txt, but no dice.I verified the game files before installing the mod, everything OK...any ideas?

Here's the error message:

Problemsignatur:
    Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname: Empire.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 1.5.0.0
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 4b74239d
    Fehlermodulname: Empire.exe
    Fehlermodulversion: 1.5.0.0
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4b74239d
    Ausnahmecode: c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset: 00c6f741