Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI (Mar 07 Update)

Default Re: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI (Feb 14 Update)

Hey Alexandre, does your Total Carnage addon reenables some killing animations that were deleted from DEI? I seek for some more cinematic feel.
    Last edited by Silu; March 07, 2015 at 09:32 AM.

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Default Damage mitigation

Is it normal that Shield Value is always zero in this mod regardless whether a unit carries a shield or no? It's under Damage Mitigation number in unit stats.
    "Orcs were mustering, and far to the east and the south the wild peoples were arming."
    J.R.R.Tolkien.

Default Re: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI (Feb 14 Update)

Hi, saamohod. Armor is one of the variables considered at damage mitigation, and this variable (armor) is 0 from shields because shields don't give armor at BDR (only melee defense bonus and missile block chance). It is a well accepted concept of shields nowadays, even KAM adopt it at his experimental battle mod. I think it is not far from being at main mod.
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; March 07, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

Default Re: Damage mitigation

BDR update. Infantry charge speed increased a little. I kept it lower for some time to test other tweaks I have made, but now it can return to the former values.

Default Re: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI (Mar 07 Update)

@ Silu: BDR don't change animations. Total Carnage makes melee_secondary_attack_probability = 0: no death without kill animation, so you can see animations you rarely see otherwise. But Total Carnage is not serious, just for fun. You can use animation mods with BDR if it don't messes with kv_rules (or if you delete kv_rules tables from it), but be aware that some mods messes with things that will change your game experience and may affect BDR balance even if it changes different tables than BDR. If you have something in sight, bring it to me and I could give you a better answer.

Cinematic Combat mod (https://yadi.sk/d/7vGcue9YeMcoq) + More bloody animation mod http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfil.../?id=390721834) According to another user, those 2 mods together make DEI look spicy and don't break balance too much. If you could look a them and - if possible - merge those 2 into one standalone file I'd be really grateful. Sorry if I'm asking for too much, I'm totally green when it comes to modding, I could be unaware that my request is ridiculous

Nice mod

Make cavalry units essential in armys.

Quote Originally Posted by Silu View Post
    Cinematic Combat mod (https://yadi.sk/d/7vGcue9YeMcoq) + More bloody animation mod http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfil.../?id=390721834) According to another user, those 2 mods together make DEI look spicy and don't break balance too much. If you could look a them and - if possible - merge those 2 into one standalone file I'd be really grateful. Sorry if I'm asking for too much, I'm totally green when it comes to modding, I could be unaware that my request is ridiculous
    Back after some days out. I will take a look at those mods, Silu.

Welcome, GutsBeruseruku.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Hey Alexandre...
    Is your mod save game compatible so I can use and test it with an ongoing DEI campaign???
    Also for which battle difficulty your mod is designed...I like to use Hard for DEI...

Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 18, 2015 at 02:03 AM.

Hi,

This looks great but unfortunately it only seems to make my game freeze on the loading screen to the main menu. Any clue what might be the reason? I use DeI 0.96, Rush music mod, and an extra particles mod

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Bengt View Post
    Hi,

This looks great but unfortunately it only seems to make my game freeze on the loading screen to the main menu. Any clue what might be the reason? I use DeI 0.96, Rush music mod, and an extra particles mod
    It is because you are using DeI version 0.96.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Hi, Greek strategos. I recommend you to start with normal (battle) difficulty, as both DeI and BDR balance are designed for it. Ongoing DeI campaings will work with BDR, but I strongly recommend to start a fresh one because BDR battles cause more losses than original DeI, so you will start with some advantage (more troops) if you continue a previous DeI campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    It is because you are using DeI version 0.96.
    This. BDR is designed for DeI 1.04a.
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; March 19, 2015 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Hi, Greek strategos. I recommend you to start with normal (battle) difficulty, as both DeI and BDR balance are designed for it. Ongoing DeI campaings will work with BDR, but I strongly recommend to start a fresh one because BDR battles cause more losses than original DeI, so you will start with some advantage (more troops) if you continue a previous DeI campaign.
    Τhanks mate...
    I played 2-3 battles...Very interesting experience so far...

Loving the sound of it, 2 questions

For other users:
    How does this compare to the stainless steel combat? That, in my opinion, was the finest combat engine in total war. It was mentioned a few times in the original thread I arrived here from and was curious as to whether elements of it were represented.

For the creator:
    Any plans for porting to Attila? or even Vanilla Rome 2? I Really like the concept but I want to play with a different campaign mod (roman houses) so if this works with the base game that would be amazing!

Thanks for the hard work!

I am working slowly at Atilla, following the ideas we developed here, but I have little free time right now: work, a new graduation and my kids. I will get vacations in a few months, then I will put my hands at Atilla for real. I chose DeI as base for BDR in Rome 2 because I found in it the solid foundation I need. No BDR for vanilla Rome 2, sorry.

So I've just started playing around with this mod and so far it's a lot of fun. Lots of choices just make sense.

I'm curious though whether spear infantry have any kind of bonus vs cav? I know that in vanilla spear infantry got a straight up bonus, but things are a little more confusing in DEI + BDR. For example, most Roman spear infantry have weaker attack, damage and defense than thier sword cost equivalents; however they have a much higher charge bonus and the "expert charge defense" perk. Does that mean I should be using them to absorb a charge then retreat them and move in my swords? Or are they still strictly a anti-cav unit?

BDR don't change units roles or individual stats: all units are tweaked together (like melee defense x 1/2 for all, charge x 1/2 for all, and so, all over the original DeI base). What your spears are good for at DeI is what they are good for at BDR. May you find your answers posting your questions at the main DeI thread. Can't help you now, sorry. Good luck.

Hey Alex.
    Vacation time is close and planning to play again with your amazing mod...
    So could you please check my points???

1)Is it possible to use a mod together with (BDR-TC_BDR and DEI of course) that increases carnage animations??? like limbs chopped off and decapitations???
    Because I think DEI greatly reduced them and I cant see anything changed using TC_BDR.

2)I have found this . Its called (Bloody Animations) NOT More Bloody Animations and gives no conflicts as far as I can see with BDR and TC_BDR (only with DEI)
    So is it ok???

3)I would like to use BDR together with Reduced movement range for land units sub mod
    but there is a conflict in db_land units_table with bdr when I'm using this version
    any advice for this???

Thanks again for you fine mod.
    Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 05, 2015 at 01:08 PM.

Hi, Greek. Here we go:
    1) and 2) You should be fine with this mod you pointed. Personaly, I like to see decapitation / limb chop only ocasionaly, when I dont expect to; it's cool because it's not common.
    3 - I use this one myself, but I see no conflicts with BDR. It should be fine if you make sure BDR is above it in the mods load order.
    Have fun!
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; April 08, 2015 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Hi, Greek. Here we go:
    1) and 2) You should be fine with this mod you pointed. Personaly, I like to see decapitation / limb chop only ocasionaly, when I dont expect to; it's cool because it's not common.
    3 - I use this one myself, but I see no conflicts with BDR. It should be fine if you make sure BDR is above it in the mods load order.
    Have fun!
    Thanks mate...
    Really appreciate you work...

Cheers

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast