Thread: Rome Total War II, no civil war, no corruption, no expansionism....

Icon7 Rome Total War II, no civil war, no corruption, no expansionism....

Hi. Been lurking around these forums for a while now, and I have decided to share some of the things I did for my brother in RTW2. He always had trouble finding suitable mods for his requests, and those mods he did like got outdated with each patch. I realized that, while most people could use the editing tools for RTW2, they had trouble finding the thing they wanted to change. Basically this is a list of things that most people wanted to edit or change, but had to rely on mods to do them (based on what my brother and his high school friends wanted. You will need Pack file manager and EditSF for this.

NO CIVIL WAR TWEAK –
    Open data_rome2pack with Pack File manager. Go to file and change pack type to MOD so you can edit the pack file. Expand the data_rome2pack and open db section. Go to campaign variables table.
    Find these lines and change them to these numbers(They could be an overkill, but they work, 17 campaigns played by my brother and his friends, and not a single civil war.)

civil_war_always_trigger_fame_level
    civil_war_high_chance_easy_chance
    civil_war_high_chance_fame_level
    civil_war_high_chance_hard_chance
    civil_war_high_chance_legendary_chance
    civil_war_high_chance_multi_power
    civil_war_high_chance_normal_chance
    civil_war_high_chance_single_power
    civil_war_high_chance_very_hard_chance
    civil_war_low_chance_easy_chance
    civil_war_low_chance_fame_level
    civil_war_low_chance_hard_chance
    civil_war_low_chance_legendary_chance
    civil_war_low_chance_multi_power
    civil_war_low_chance_normal_chance
    civil_war_low_chance_single_power
    civil_war_low_chance_very_hard_chance
    civil_war_medium_chance_easy_chance
    civil_war_medium_chance_fame_level
    civil_war_medium_chance_hard_chance
    civil_war_medium_chance_legendary_chance
    civil_war_medium_chance_multi_power
    civil_war_medium_chance_normal_chance
    civil_war_medium_chance_single_power
    civil_war_medium_chance_very_hard_chance

CHARACTER EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
    Go to character_experience skill tiers, and there you can add or modify character experience and ability point gains.

NO AI AGENT USAGE
    Go to cai personalities budget allocations table and change everything under agent funding cap and agents fund allocation percentage to 0. AI will not use agents against you. Naturally, try not to go overboard and build a horde of your own spies. That will make the game to easy and boring.

NO ASSASINATION OF GENERALS BY POLITICAL INCIDENT
    Go to the technology effects junction tables. There you can edit the modifiers that your technologies give you. Find the faction you want. Some factions have their own tree (rome, iceni) but others share the technology trees, so be careful when editing income bonues.
    Find rom_tech_civil_philosophy_political_political_event_mod and change it to -900 for instance. That gives you -900% chance for any of your opposing houses to have any political consequence.
    There are other things here that you can edit, like corruption, growth or food bonuses.

INCREASING NUMBER OF ARMIES

Go to fame levels table, and there you can edit the number of armies, spies, champions, etc, per level of imperium. For grand campaign it is the MAIN ROME line.

EDITING IMPERIUM IN GENERAL
    Go to effect bundles to effect effects junctions table and find the lines that begin with imperium (Around number 200). You can edit things like corruption levels per imperium, diplomacy penalty with other factions and public order from other factions. rom_tech_module_civil_philosophy represents coruption, so by lowering those values you can play without corruption.

After doing all that, save the mod under the name you want, download mod manager and play your game. I have to say, RTW2 is far more stable than RTW1, perhaps a single crash over a 200 turns, regardless of any editing.

PS- If this is the wrong thread, feel free to move my post elsewhere. And I apologize if my grammar is off, english is not my native language.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Rome Total War II, no civil war, no corruption, no expansionism....

Hey its great info, but I think it is in the wrong sub forum.

And Welcome to it, and I hope you will take up modding :3

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Hey its great info, but I think it is in the wrong sub forum.

And Welcome to it, and I hope you will take up modding :3
    Thank you. Although my modding was restricted to removing stuff for his pleasure. I once moded all unit stats in RTW to DND per his request. Took me 4 days. Little prick played it for half a day and got bored.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    Thank you. Although my modding was restricted to removing stuff for his pleasure. I once moded all unit stats in RTW to DND per his request. Took me 4 days. Little prick played it for half a day and got bored.
    Yeah that is the back side of the medal :3
    That is why I mostly do what pleases myself

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I have very low influence because I've done a lot of assassinations and bribing so would it be possible to manually trigger a civil war by changing these values, and if so which values would I change if I wanted to trigger civil war once I got to say 20% influence?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRobertson View Post
    I have very low influence because I've done a lot of assassinations and bribing so would it be possible to manually trigger a civil war by changing these values, and if so which values would I change if I wanted to trigger civil war once I got to say 20% influence?
    The first one on the list should work. In unmoded game it is equal to 100. That means civil war always triggers when you reach 100 % influence. Lower that to 10%, and you should get a civil war. (Look at my table above, where I put 1000 it represents the influence needed to trigger bigger chances of civil war, depending on difficulty. You can also set all of them to 10 just to be sure. Although i am not sure if these changes are save game compatible.

The first one on the list should work. In unmoded game it is equal to 100. That means civil war always triggers when you reach 100 % influence. Lower that to 10%, and you should get a civil war. (Look at my table above, where I put 1000 it represents the influence needed to trigger bigger chances of civil war, depending on difficulty. You can also set all of them to 10 just to be sure. Although i am not sure if these changes are save game compatible.
    Thanks I'll try this when I get back to my pc and I'll see if your method is savegame compatible. Cheers

Okay so I'm about to try this now, but I am using DeI so would I have to go into the DeI pack and find this table or does it matter?

I'm in the DeI pack but there is no civil war always trigger fame level. Here are the relevant tables from the DeI pack. If anyone else has the same problem as me I think what you have to do is edit the

civil_war_high_chance_multi_power if Rome or Carthage (factions with multiple houses) or
    civil_war_high_chance_single_power if faction with only one house

civil_war_high_chance_easy_chance 3
    civil_war_high_chance_fame_level 6
    civil_war_high_chance_hard_chance 7
    civil_war_high_chance_legendary_chance 11
    civil_war_high_chance_multi_power 80
    civil_war_high_chance_normal_chance 5
    civil_war_high_chance_single_power 45
    civil_war_high_chance_very_hard_chance 9
    civil_war_low_chance_easy_chance 1
    civil_war_low_chance_fame_level 4
    civil_war_low_chance_hard_chance 2
    civil_war_low_chance_legendary_chance 3
    civil_war_low_chance_multi_power 60
    civil_war_low_chance_normal_chance 1
    civil_war_low_chance_single_power 65
    civil_war_low_chance_very_hard_chance 2
    civil_war_medium_chance_easy_chance 1
    civil_war_medium_chance_fame_level 5
    civil_war_medium_chance_hard_chance 4
    civil_war_medium_chance_legendary_chance 6
    civil_war_medium_chance_multi_power 70
    civil_war_medium_chance_normal_chance 3
    civil_war_medium_chance_single_power 55
    civil_war_medium_chance_very_hard_chance 5
    civil_war_minimum_character_defection_percentage 20

What difficulty and what faction are you playing?

I'm on H/H with the Julii Romans

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRobertson View Post
    I'm on H/H with the Julii Romans
    OK, Juli are multi power.

First, use save as and save mod under different name so you do not mess up.

Then change these numbers

civil_war_high_chance_hard_chance 7 to 100

civil_war_high_chance_multi_power 80 to 20

civil_war_high_chance_fame_level 6 to 4

With these changes you should have 100% chance for Civil war if your Julii house influence is at 20% or higher with multi power faction, and minimum imperium level 4 or higher. (If your imperium level is lower, set it to that number.)

OK, Juli are multi power.

First, use save as and save mod under different name so you do not mess up.

Then change these numbers

civil_war_high_chance_hard_chance 7 to 100

civil_war_high_chance_multi_power 80 to 20

civil_war_high_chance_fame_level 6 to 4

With these changes you should have 100% chance for Civil war if your Julii house influence is at 20% or higher with multi power faction, and minimum imperium level 4 or higher. (If your imperium level is lower, set it to that number.)
    I just did this and IT ACTUALLY WORKED Thanks a lot

No problem friend. Glad it worked.

Oh god, please help!
    I've downloaded the pack modifier and the EditSF. Ever since i've modified the rome2_data.pack my Total War Launcher does crash when ever I start it.
    I've even uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled it. This did not help.
    Everytime I try start the game it starts the Launcher and then prompts a windows message that the launcher does not work properly and is being closed.

Please help me fix this!

i cant find the imperium line any one can help me ?