Thread: Empire Maintenance / Corruption: Too Low?

Default Empire Maintenance / Corruption: Too Low?

EDIT: Was mistaken when I posted this. Saw the wrong values for corruption. Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

First, this is not a complaint. DEI is awesome and 1.0 exceeds expectations.

Seems like empire maintenance (corruption) is MUCH lower now than it once was. It is only 30%/20%/15% for the three highest imperium levels. I'm not sure when this got changed from the previously stifling levels, where it was common to have corruption >100%.

Does anyone else think the new values might be too low? Even at the highest level (30%), it is very easy to eliminate corruption completely with governors and general traits. Corruption was one of the most powerful "negative feedback" forces that helped prevent AI blobbing and created challenges for the player late game.

To me, it seems reasonable to raise corruption (either through imperium or adding to buildings) so that, even after reductions from governors/generals, it will be at least 25% for the player late-game and could be >50% if the player isn't careful. This is enough to matter and make expansion difficult, but not so much that it stifles all expansion beyond certain levels. (I am guessing this would mean a baseline 60-75% corruption at the highest imperium level and 40-50% at the next highest.)

EDIT: Yeah, I know lots of people were complaining before when it was much higher. I'm not saying to raise it to the previous levels... Just that the current levels are so low that corruption is a non-factor.

Any opinions on this?
    Last edited by TheSavage; January 23, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: Empire Maintenance / Corruption: Too Low?

There was a thread yesterday asking why corruption was so high/crippling, so you realize we have to balance these things for different player levels.

I could see possibly adding corruption to the higher difficulties.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Empire Maintenance / Corruption: Too Low?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    There was a thread yesterday asking why corruption was so high/crippling, so you realize we have to balance these things for different player levels.

I could see possibly adding corruption to the higher difficulties.
    Yeah sorry Dresden, I actually made a mistake and read the wrong values for corruption, so I thought it was much lower than it was. Oops!