Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Computer & Hardware Recommendations

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Build a PC for Attila TW / Hardware Recommendations (Currently Updating)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    Just ordered this (for other games, not just Attila - my rig is ageing anyway):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£244.94 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 U3 Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£75.90 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£62.68 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (£255.59 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Corsair SPEC-03 White ATX Mid Tower Case (£44.96 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £684.07

Plan now is to add my Corsair CX600 to this to complete the set. How do you think this will perform?
    Could somebody be so kind as to assess this setup, please. I wouldn't mind knowing if it will be able to run the game on Max specs....

Default Re: Build a PC for Attila TW / Hardware Recommendations (Currently Updating)

Could somebody be so kind as to assess this setup, please. I wouldn't mind knowing if it will be able to run the game on Max specs....
    cant answer that without knowing your resolution(screen)...

(but still a nice upgrade).

p.s check here could be usefull http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
    Last edited by Totalheadache; January 30, 2015 at 01:12 PM.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

The i7 is unnecessary, you'd be better going for a 4690K. The graphics card could max out the game at 1080p, probably even 1440p. It's a great system but I'd prefer an ASUS motherboard (I'll link a few videos as to why), and a better case, like the ones recommended in the OP. You'd also need a PSU, which I wouldn't recommend the CX600 he already has, look in the OP again for suggestions.

EDIT: The video for motherboards:

Last edited by Biggus Splenus; January 31, 2015 at 02:23 AM.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Thanks; I have a 32 inch Toshiba TV that I use as a TV/monitor.

By the way what's wrong with the CX600 PSU?

There's nothing wrong with it, but there are better units for a similar price on the market at the moment.

will asus n56jn play attila without any problems?

you'll see a big improvement if u get something like this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QNIX-QX271...3D121110804377

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

So...Attila must be out of my PC's reach despite the fact Shogun II plays on extreme and Rome II on extreme without the 2ndery option like vsynch etc...
    IntelCore2 Quad CBU Q8200 @2.33 Hz
    GeForce GTX 660
    4.0 G Ram
    but with a very small and old disk!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    So...Attila must be out of my PC's reach despite the fact Shogun II plays on extreme and Rome II on extreme without the 2ndery option like vsynch etc...
    IntelCore2 Quad CBU Q8200 @2.33 Hz
    GeForce GTX 660
    4.0 G Ram
    but with a very small and old disk!
    What's your screen res? What unit size do you play on? What kind of FPS do you get? And do you notice animation stuttering in battles, even when the FPS seems smooth? Extreme is the preset below ultra, so I'm not surprised you can reach that with a 660 after turning off "secondary options" (which are usually the most taxing on the GPU anyway, like blooming, AA, vsync, depth of field). An old hard drive won't impact performance, just load times (and it's also unreliable, you should upgrade a hard drive every 4 years max, recommended 3 years).
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; January 31, 2015 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it, but there are better units for a similar price on the market at the moment.
    But I already have it on my older rig; I just planned to salvage and port it over (save cash see).

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    you'll see a big improvement if u get something like this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QNIX-QX271...3D121110804377
    No need for a new monitor lad =P

Guys, are the requierments of Attila really higher than those of Rome 2? I am asking, because I dont understand these things really well, and there are some experts here.

I have Asus GTX 750ti 2GB, core i5 4670, 8gigs of ram and I play on 22 inch monitor 1920x1080. (this machine was assembled with the idea of a cost-effectivness)
    I play Rome 2 on ultra, with no AA and Vegetation alpha, and I have no complaints.
    So on what settings would this PC run Attila in your oppinion? I am asking, because these days the games are becoming incredibly heavy, and I am kind of worried

But I already have it on my older rig; I just planned to salvage and port it over (save cash see).
    Yea that's what I mean. No need to buy a new unit if you've already got that one, the upgrade wouldn't be cost effective keep it. Also how old is your PSU?

Quote Originally Posted by AQUILIFIER View Post
    Guys, are the requierments of Attila really higher than those of Rome 2? I am asking, because I dont understand these things really well, and there are some experts here.

I have Asus GTX 750ti 2GB, core i5 4670, 8gigs of ram and I play on 22 inch monitor 1920x1080. (this machine was assembled with the idea of a cost-effectivness)
    I play Rome 2 on ultra, with no AA and Vegetation alpha, and I have no complaints.
    So on what settings would this PC run Attila in your oppinion? I am asking, because these days the games are becoming incredibly heavy, and I am kind of worried
    I think you PC will run fine. It'll be released soon enough, so we can always wait till then to see if you need an upgrade or not it's fine to play games without the graphics being maxed out.
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; January 31, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

dude that will crush any current game 60 fps+

MSI Gaming 970
    16GB Hyper X Fury
    GTX 750Ti
    AMD FX 9590 @ 4.7 ghz

.....hopeing to upgrade the card soon but i crush rome 2 on max setting, handles great, looking forward to Attila

i wouldnt cheap out on your motherboard, also your gonna want a decent psu to run the beast card, also you gotta remember that your case may have extra fans and lights and what not...these all draw power, try a psu calculator online to make sure you are in the right range, also be aware of the levels of psu's, get post near the begining of this thread tells about psu's
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 04, 2015 at 12:05 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    i wouldnt cheap out on your motherboard, also your gonna want a decent psu to run the beast card, also you gotta remember that your case may have extra fans and lights and what not...these all draw power, try a psu calculator online to make sure you are in the right range, also be aware of the levels of psu's, get post near the begining of this thread tells about psu's
    The motherboard is a little cheap, I'll link a better one soon (ASUS of course ) . Usually the motherboard is the best place to "cheap out" if it's needed anywhere, but of course the best option is always to balance everything. His 600W psu is enough to power the entire system, there's no need to worry about that (only if it's all on a single 12v rail, I'll do some research on that ).

What's your screen res? What unit size do you play on? What kind of FPS do you get? And do you notice animation stuttering in battles, even when the FPS seems smooth? Extreme is the preset below ultra, so I'm not surprised you can reach that with a 660 after turning off "secondary options" (which are usually the most taxing on the GPU anyway, like blooming, AA, vsync, depth of field). An old hard drive won't impact performance, just load times (and it's also unreliable, you should upgrade a hard drive every 4 years max, recommended 3 years).
    My screen res is by default 1600x900 but lately GTX-660 offers bigger res that does not change much in my LCD screen.

My pc finds some dificulties when more than 4 armies are in a forest or city battle maps!

Here :

Ussing the Black forest intro movie.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; February 01, 2015 at 07:37 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

My screen res is by default 1600x900 but lately GTX-660 offers bigger res that does not change much in my LCD screen.
    That's why you can run at such high settings. #1 it's lower than 1080p #2 you've got AA turned off, which is what makes games look so smooth (but also takes a lot of GPU power, because it's up-sampling the images at higher resolution, then down-sampling again for the smooth effect). You've also got Depth of Field on low and SSAO off. An average of 40fps on these settings with this hardware is expected. It's a great setup, and if you're happy with the performance you're getting, then you probably won't need an upgrade Though if you were thinking about upgrading (which is why you're here? ), how much would you be thinking of spending?

That's why you can run at such high settings. #1 it's lower than 1080p #2 you've got AA turned off, which is what makes games look so smooth (but also takes a lot of GPU power, because it's up-sampling the images at higher resolution, then down-sampling again for the smooth effect). You've also got Depth of Field on low and SSAO off. An average of 40fps on these settings with this hardware is expected. It's a great setup, and if you're happy with the performance you're getting, then you probably won't need an upgrade Though if you were thinking about upgrading (which is why you're here? ), how much would you be thinking of spending?
    Actually a new screen LED would be in my future upgrades in the next months -if i will still be alive- and a possible replacement of the hard disk with one of new technology.
    Could a 1080p res screen , couse troubles in my game's performance -as is- or it would help the data/graphics proccesing?
    Abbout AA i use the card's settings about this game...
    I am a total noob when it comes to such things!

I am a total noob when it comes to such things!
    Don't worry, I can tell

A 1080p screen wouldn't cause any troubles at all, it just contains more pixels, therefore a higher definition image. This will require more processing on your graphics card's behalf though.

As a necessary side note: a screen contributes absolutely nothing to your computer's processing ability, it's only responsible for displaying the images that you graphics card generates. A higher quality screen will have clearer images with higher colour accuracy, and usually higher refresh rates (the speed that your screen is able to display images from your PC). There's many different types of screen types with their own pros and cons; TN and IPS are the most common types of LED screens (former having higher refresh rates but lower image accuracy, the latter having the opposite).

Anyway back to the point. Your screen is 900p, getting a 1080p screen would definitely be noticeably better, but if you're willing to spend a little more money (by a little, I generally mean a fair bit more ) you could look at some 1440p screens.

If you want to upgrade your hard drive, there's 2 options for you:
    #1 - purchase a new one. It's $100 AUS for a good 2TB hard drive, or for a high performing 1TB drive.

#2 - buy an SSD. They're much faster and more reliable than a hard drive, but will cost much more ($100 AUS for a 128 GB drive). They're best used as a storage device for your OS and programs, while you use your old hard drive to store games and other media on. It'll dramatically improve the performance of your entire system, but not your processing power (ie. No higher FPS in games).

If you're interested in learning more about PC stuff, feel free to read the information in the OP, there's all you need to know about everything

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

maybe a bit early but this is an interesting find about future chipsets

NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

gtx 970

here i come!!