Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Computer & Hardware Recommendations

Default Re: Reaching for assistant

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    Upgrading your GPU will yield the greatest improvement for the least amount of cash. The FX 6350 isn't ideal for Warscape, but it will have to suffice if you don't have the budget to upgrade everything.
    Firstly thank you for your swift response, i really appreciate it. So now budget isn't really an issue, i just want to be able to enjoy the game to its full potential. And i thought this community will be my best bet to get to know what i'll need to be able to do so; i'm not really big in computer part as much. I will do as you have suggested on upgrading my GPU and you're suggestion was the FX 6350. in amazon for $125.99 (AMD FD6350FRHKBOX FX-6350 FX-Series 6-Core Black Edition). I found one hopefully i'll be buying the right one.
    Thanks Again

Default Re: Build a PC for Attila TW / Hardware Recommendations (Currently Updating)

Hey guys, thanks in advance for your input.

Im looking to upgrade my 2011 build which is
    i5 2500k @4.5ghz
    gtx 570
    750w power
    Gigabyte z68
    16gb ram

obviously my cpu will bottleneck me at some point but what gpu would you recommend I upgrade to?
    games I play total war and paradox

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by m-m-n View Post
    Firstly thank you for your swift response, i really appreciate it. So now budget isn't really an issue, i just want to be able to enjoy the game to its full potential. And i thought this community will be my best bet to get to know what i'll need to be able to do so; i'm not really big in computer part as much. I will do as you have suggested on upgrading my GPU and you're suggestion was the FX 6350. in amazon for $125.99 (AMD FD6350FRHKBOX FX-6350 FX-Series 6-Core Black Edition). I found one hopefully i'll be buying the right one.
    Thanks Again

I thought you already had those components? If you haven't built that machine yet, then I absolutely would NOT recommend you buy a FX-6350, or any AMD CPU for that matter. If you need a more detailed recommendation, answer these questions first:

1) What will you be doing with this PC other than gaming? (e.g. Photoshop, video editing, CAD, etc.)
    2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? "No budget" is not an answer.
    3) Which country do you live in?
    4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
    5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Keyboard/mouse? Speakers? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
    6) Will you be overclocking?
    7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
    8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
    9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
    10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

Quote Originally Posted by kmcwilli View Post
    Hey guys, thanks in advance for your input.

Im looking to upgrade my 2011 build which is
    i5 2500k @4.5ghz
    gtx 570
    750w power
    Gigabyte z68
    16gb ram

obviously my cpu will bottleneck me at some point but what gpu would you recommend I upgrade to?
    games I play total war and paradox
    Your CPU should last a little bit longer actually. You got a nice OC on it. I'd only recommend GPU upgrade at this point, especially if you're strapped. What's your total budget for your upgrade? When do you plan on upgrading?
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; February 17, 2015 at 01:29 PM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

I thought you already had those components? If you haven't built that machine yet, then I absolutely would NOT recommend you buy a FX-6350, or any AMD CPU for that matter. If you need a more detailed recommendation, answer these questions first:

1) What will you be doing with this PC other than gaming? (e.g. Photoshop, video editing, CAD, etc.)
    2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? "No budget" is not an answer.
    3) Which country do you live in?
    4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
    5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Keyboard/mouse? Speakers? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
    6) Will you be overclocking?
    7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
    8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
    9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
    10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
    Yes i actually have everything that i've mention, i completely misunderstood your reply earlier. i just notice that i did post that i had that part according to my pc information. my actual question was what i needed to get in other to improve my PC. Sorry for confusing things, like i've said i have little to no clue on parts, apart from reading reviews and rating on them i wouldn't know up and down. i'm not trying to spend money on the wrong things. For a budget lets say $600 hopefully thats not to small and for shipment purposes i am in the US. Thank you for your time and help.
    Last edited by m-m-n; February 17, 2015 at 01:44 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Your CPU should last a little bit longer actually. You got a nice OC on it. I'd only recommend GPU upgrade at this point, especially if you're strapped. What's your total budget for your upgrade? When do you plan on upgrading?
    yea I'm glad I did my research on the sandy bridge. If budget wasn't an issue and I want to upgrade now for Attila, what gpu would you recommend would maximize my performance. So my gpu is currently my bottleneck but what would be the most cost effective gpu to make my cpu be the bottleneck?

yea I'm glad I did my research on the sandy bridge. If budget wasn't an issue and I want to upgrade now for Attila, what gpu would you recommend would maximize my performance. So my gpu is currently my bottleneck but what would be the most cost effective gpu to make my cpu be the bottleneck?
    @4.5ghz you arent going to bottleneck any single gpu much. But a 980 is the most powerfull I believe...

If you threw x4 980's then yes you want one of the latest cpu's ideally running around 5ghz...(even then I dont think there's a fast enough cpu to handle quad sli...well by handle I mean reduce the bottleneck to zero).

970 for me...new gpus are coming so if u can wait, wait. (in terms of price v a 980).
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 17, 2015 at 01:51 PM.

Your i5 2500K would already be a slight bottleneck, but hardly significant enough with anything less than SLI'd GTX 980s. The most cost effective upgrade to run Attila at max quality would be between a GTX 970 and R9 290x, with the performance edge to the GTX 970, but the price advantage to the 290x.

Thanks guys, I had no idea I could run Attila at max with my old cpu. I think I'll wait it out for the new gpus or price drop in the 970 once the new cards come out

For a budget lets say $600 hopefully thats not to small and for shipment purposes i am in the US. Thank you for your time and help.
    That's a tough spot. $600 is enough to go nuts with a GPU upgrade, but wastes some of it due to the CPU. Yet, it's not enough to upgrade everything.

I'm thinking if you're looking for an upgrade right now - just can't wait - that $600 will get you a GTX 980, no problem. What's the model of power supply you're running?

That's a tough spot. $600 is enough to go nuts with a GPU upgrade, but wastes some of it due to the CPU. Yet, it's not enough to upgrade everything.

I'm thinking if you're looking for an upgrade right now - just can't wait - that $600 will get you a GTX 980, no problem. What's the model of power supply you're running?
    GTX 980 in cart, the model of power supply now thats a tough one lol, okay i'm going to say i need an upgrade there because i'm running of a stock from an HP-pavillion 500, the only thing i ever upgraded from it was the graphic card(spec as posted). If anything i'll go with a budget of $800.

GTX 980 in cart, the model of power supply now thats a tough one lol, okay i'm going to say i need an upgrade there because i'm running of a stock from an HP-pavillion 500, the only thing i ever upgraded from it was the graphic card(spec as posted). If anything i'll go with a budget of $800.
    I have a i7-2600k@4.2GHz with a EVGA 980 GTX SC and I'm still very happy with the setup.

Might want to take a look at a new powersupply then. A quick google search shows the HP Pavilion 500s have a 300W power supply, but I guess it's possible you have a trim with a beefier power supply. I'm not very familiar with OEMs put in their boxes these days. Best way to find out is to crack open the case and look at the sticker on the side. We'd need to know the wattage and amperage on the 12v rail (or rails if you have more than one 12v rail). Best just list everything you see on the sticker. If you need a new PSU to go with it, I think the $600 budget has room, it just may be a little tight.

And before you get any funny ideas, yes, the power supply absolutely matters. If you try to draw more juice than your power supply can serve up, your PC will flat out shut down or reboot randomly.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; February 17, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

Default will this do for attila?

Intel Core I5 4690k
    Nvidia GTX 970
    8 gb ram
    game debate gives the cpu and gpu 10/10 for attila
    any suggestions?

motherboard: MSI H97M-E35
    EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Power Supply
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 18, 2015 at 03:50 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: will this do for attila?

Should be OK, I reckon.

I'm finding it acceptable with a GTX 660 & 8 gig of RAM.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Yes this should be fine for the max quality settings.

500 watt? you can use some more i think, Not enough power will result in crashes. I had it with Napoleon when i played MP battles my PC always crashed after 20min because of not enough power.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

MM10.34.858
    Intel I7-4770k 3.5GHz
    8GB DDR3
    GTX 970
    1TB
    thermaltake TR2 430W ultra quiet ATX Power Supply w/ 6pin PCI-E
    what do you guys think about this?

or this power supply : Logisys 600W Extra Quiet ATX Power Supply, SLI & X-fire ready
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 18, 2015 at 03:51 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by jaafar11 View Post
    MM10.34.858
    Intel I7-4770k 3.5GHz
    8GB DDR3
    GTX 970
    1TB
    thermaltake TR2 430W ultra quiet ATX Power Supply w/ 6pin PCI-E
    what do you guys think about this?
    Get at least a good 600w power supply. I suggest Corsair. The new gtx 900 cards do use less power, though 450w is cutting it pretty close. I run an i5 4670k overclocked, and a gtx 970 also overclocked with a 600w corsair with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by binarystar View Post
    Get at least a good 600w power supply. I suggest Corsair. The new gtx 900 cards do use less power, though 450w is cutting it pretty close. I run an i5 4670k overclocked, and a gtx 970 also overclocked with a 600w corsair with no problems.
    what do you think of the motherboard?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by jaafar11 View Post
    what do you think of the motherboard?
    It's a micro atx board, so its small. Make sure your case will fit it properly so the I/O ports line up correctly. Will do a decent enough job running your cpu and video card, don't expect to get any kind of decent overclocking with it though.