Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice overs...

Decanus

Default Voice overs...

Please CA please redo the barbarian voice overs... those flamboyant tones are suitable for children's TV specials but not Total War - SUUUUUUULINGERS!

The barbarian voices in diplomacy, however, those were fantastic. I don't think these ones fit with the new factions though...

Default Re: Voice overs...

Agreed 100%. I don't want to hear the same goofy voice actors in Attila that were in Rome 2. Voice acting was never a problem before Rome 2, but now it's horrible. The things they say are goofy and they sound ridiculous. It kills the immersion.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

The espicially bad thing is the backstep in voice acting: Since Empire, we had the soldiers speaking in their native languages, but with Rome 2 the speakers with the cheap accents returned, and they were worse then ever before. Just one of the dozens of backsteps in Rome 2.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    The espicially bad thing is the backstep in voice acting: Since Empire, we had the soldiers speaking in their native languages, but with Rome 2 the speakers with the cheap accents returned, and they were worse then ever before. Just one of the dozens of backsteps in Rome 2.
    While soldiers spoke in their native languages in ETW/NTW, the actual things they said were pretty ridiculous, especially the Russian voices.....

R2's voice overs are an epic fail. I don't think I will ever get over hoplites sounding like WW1 Tommies
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    While soldiers spoke in their native languages in ETW/NTW, the actual things they said were pretty ridiculous, especially the Russian voices.....
    I dont know russian, but what the english, portuguese, spanish and french units were saying was nothing ridiculous.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I believe CA just weren`t very serious when they did voiceovers for most every faction in RTw2 (which is mostly passing onto Atilla). I think they all did it like some joke `fun` on their part. Listening to some of the Romans and barbarians in R2 just takes me out of the immersion and it isnt because they don`t sound historical. It`s because they just don`t sound well acted.

I agree, I'd say the voice acting in Rome 2 is definitely the worst in the series; the Barbarian voices are the worst offenders.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I always cringe when I click barbarian cavalry and they shout "OUR HORSES LOVE BLOOOOOD." Who came up with that crap?

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles Lacedaemon View Post
    I dont know russian, but what the english, portuguese, spanish and french units were saying was nothing ridiculous.
    To be fair the English voice overs were fine and the French ones were okey(ish) though they directly translated many English expressions mot-a-mot and it sounds silly. The Russian voice overs were terrible and the accents were even worse. Who came up with "Da, sir?!"

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I always cringe when I click barbarian cavalry and they shout "OUR HORSES LOVE BLOOOOOD." Who came up with that crap?
    Hahahaha))))

I wonder how CA plans on portraying both male and female soldiers in the same unit in regards to voice overs.
    Last edited by Darios; January 20, 2015 at 05:18 AM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Haha

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

The Eastern voices are also Hebrew accents, you can tell because they pronounce R with the tongue on the bottom of the teeth.

Unless CA got voice actors from Mosul where we pronounce R the same way which I highly doubt.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

I thought some of the diplomacy phrases for Rome II were nice. Some of them actually stung a bit. 'Like a plump goose. And you look ripe.' ' My torturer has a collection of dullard's parts.' 'You I expect to see mewling like a woman.' It's more graphic language than past titles.
    Last edited by Lugotorix; January 20, 2015 at 06:44 PM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Why oh why are the Attila voice overs the same as TWR2? Is no one at CA sick of Mark Strong bleats?

I just miss how the Rome 1 voices actually sounded different from each other or at least had more variation then the voices from Rome 2.

In Rome 2 almost every faction around the Mediterranean sound British and boring, that might be fine for the Romans but making the Carthaginians and the Greeks sound the same is annoying as hell and takes away a lot of the immersion of playing a different faction.
    In Rome 1 both the Carthaginians and the Greeks sounded differently from each other with the Carthaginians sounding more like the eastern factions which made sense because they were originally from the middle east before they came to north Africa and the Greeks had I think some kind of french accent with a little eastern mixed into it.
    While that would be as historical as British Romans it at least made them different to the Romans and it honestly felt fitting for the Greeks to have that kind of voice because they are incredibly proud of their past.

And most of all they sounded cool, even if they sometimes sounded odd or funny they at least felt like they were having fun while the new voices all sound dull and monotone, just compare mark monotone to the previous battle advisor when they talk about the historical battles and you will see that unlike mark who sounds like he is going to fall asleep while the other guy puts EMOTION into his lines when they need to be.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Why oh why are the Attila voice overs the same as TWR2? Is no one at CA sick of Mark Strong bleats?
    They save money that no need make voice records, CA decided to use same voice actors like in R2.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    They save money that no need make voice records, CA decided to use same voice actors like in R2.
    So much for "standalone game".

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    I just miss how the Rome 1 voices actually sounded different from each other or at least had more variation then the voices from Rome 2.

In Rome 2 almost every faction around the Mediterranean sound British and boring, that might be fine for the Romans but making the Carthaginians and the Greeks sound the same is annoying as hell and takes away a lot of the immersion of playing a different faction.
    In Rome 1 both the Carthaginians and the Greeks sounded differently from each other with the Carthaginians sounding more like the eastern factions which made sense because they were originally from the middle east before they came to north Africa and the Greeks had I think some kind of french accent with a little eastern mixed into it.
    While that would be as historical as British Romans it at least made them different to the Romans and it honestly felt fitting for the Greeks to have that kind of voice because they are incredibly proud of their past.
    This reminds me of a thread I read somewhere long ago about the Aztecs in Medieval 2 having the same voices as the Mongols:

"The native americans migrated from Asia so it makes sense"

To be honest, I hated the greek and barbarian voiceovers from Rome I, but loved the roman and eastern voices, specially for generals. Still, I remember people pointing something about "Romans having australian accents" or something like that. Some Rome II voices seem to be hit and miss, too. Haven't really come to a conclusion yet.

The voice overs for Shogun, Shogun 2, Empire and Napoleon were the best. The ones for Medieval II were ok, but they could be pretty cheesy at times (the French and German accents were like Monty Python impressions). Rome II is hit and miss - The barbarian soldiers sound incredibly weird, but the Roman accents were ok. As for the claim that the Rome II accents were a decline from the original Rome, don't forget the silly sounding Carthaginian voice over ("Last niiight thee weepin' of tha childrrren...) or who could ever forget the cheesy Roman teenage announcer whose voice would always break ("The day is ooooours!") or even all the Australian and American Accents (G'day, my name is Victoria and I'm ya advisah!")

Quote Originally Posted by Doe3000 View Post
    The voice overs for Shogun, Shogun 2, Empire and Napoleon were the best. The ones for Medieval II were ok, but they could be pretty cheesy at times (the French and German accents were like Monty Python impressions). Rome II is hit and miss - The barbarian soldiers sound incredibly weird, but the Roman accents were ok. As for the claim that the Rome II accents were a decline from the original Rome, don't forget the silly sounding Carthaginian voice over ("Last niiight thee weepin' of tha childrrren...) or who could ever forget the cheesy Roman teenage announcer whose voice would always break ("The day is ooooours!") or even all the Australian and American Accents (G'day, my name is Victoria and I'm ya advisah!")

You gonna say there's no awesomeness in this? XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR8xV7fb5w

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Barbarians in R2/Atilla have a very clear Danish accent. I cant say anything for the lines but considering the vast majority of the German tribes have origins in Northern Europe, the accent is just right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast