Thread: What are the names of the Byzantine chants used in this?

Default What are the names of the Byzantine chants used in this?

Does anyone have any idea who the Byzantine chants in this mod might come from, name of the songs, anything? Been trying to find out for a while but no luck. I guess the people who chose the music for this mod might know, if no one else does.

Default Re: What are the names of the Byzantine chants used in this?

I have not choosen the music. People who choose it have left.
    But I have made research by myself before and I found that the byzantine popular music is from the byzantine epic poem/song the "Akritika" (about the frontiersmen of the ERE empire). The current reproduction is made by Christodoulos Halaris.
    You will recognise a lot of the byzantine songs present is the game.
    Very good music. I love it very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkV-xX0ys0
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; January 19, 2015 at 11:32 AM.

The song for the initial Byzantine Loading Screen is the orthodox chant Christos Anesti (Christ is Risen) other chants are also performed by group of priests inside the Hagia Sophia(even the chant of the Byzantine intro video), I can`t recall the name of the group but if you put Byzantine Chand and Hagia Sophia they are bound to pop up

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

My music overhaul mod has a few amazing byzantine chants;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...c-overhaul-2-0

...if anyone is interested

Here is another one that is in the game by Kabarnos Nikodimos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asAbZ5Mdgms

and if Byzantineboy was able to add this one to winter from a project I sent him awhile back by Capella Romana with some beautiful female vocals:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-omWZieJMvY

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by McCauley95 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea who the Byzantine chants in this mod might come from, name of the songs, anything? Been trying to find out for a while but no luck. I guess the people who chose the music for this mod might know, if no one else does.
    The chants that BC uses come from this singer's chants album:

IF you want to listen how Middle Ages Romans (byzantines) spoke you must listen Greek Orthodox chunts:

Chunts are a great tool to listen those people of the past!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; February 17, 2015 at 12:36 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The chants that BC uses come from this singer's chants album:

IF you want to listen how Middle Ages Romans (byzantines) spoke you must listen Greek Orthodox chunts:
    Some chants do come from the singer's albums, but you can also listen to Greek Orthodox chants in BC since version 2.3.

Under the patronage of m_1512