Thread: [NPiOT] RP Thread

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default [NPiOT] RP Thread

Use this thread for RP goodness. Declarations of war, the signing of peace treaties, the formation or breaking of alliances, and propaganda efforts if you happen to be playing as a partisan movement.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: [NPiOT] RP Thread

The Liberation of Belorussia

Having received word of the German assault on Poland, the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union has given STAVKA the authority to carry out an immediate and thorough invasion of the eastern provinces of Poland, in order to recover rightful Soviet territory lost during the war against the Poles nearly two decades prior. Tales of the foul deeds perpetrated by the Polish government toward ethnic Belarussians, including deliberate starvation, torture, and mass executions, have been told throughout the Belorussian SSR for the better part of ten years now, and finally has come the time to liberate our comrades from their oppressors. Forward, Workers' and Peasants' Red Army! On, to the liberation of your comrades and countrymen!
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Victory!

With the liberation of Belorussia, the Soviet Union has asserted itself on the international stage as a force for the emancipation and freedom of the oppressed. A pair of special celebratory parades have been planned in Moscow and Minsk to celebrate the victory, with a total of six soldiers set to receive the Hero of the Soviet Union award, as well as many others receiving the Order of Lenin and the Order of the Red Banner for their bravery.

The light casualties sustained in the operation will be quickly replaced, surely by eager volunteers from the newly-liberated provinces.

OOC: $100,000 spent, forces to be replenished, time estimated: 3 days; also hoping for some sort of dissent decrease/popularity increase?

when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

News Flash: Victory in Poland! Danzig liberated!

Just today the Völkischer Beobachter printed an issue detailing the crushing German victory over the Untermensch of Poland. The Führer himself addressed a swollen crowd of thousands in Berlin on September 21st, the day after the Blutfahne was raised over Warsaw finalizing the totality of Germany's victory. In the speech Hitler made clear his intention to integrate Danzig, and the rest of the legitimate Polish territory, into the Greater Reich at the earliest opportunity. A party parade will be held once these brave souls return, to celebrate the liberation of Danzig and the vanquishing of her Polish jailers - in the spirit of commemoration 5 men are to be awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross for their exceptional bravery, another three dozen men will be awarded lesser Iron Crosses (including a single Slovak serving on the southern front). An executive order has been handed down to replace all troops and vehicles lost by the Wehrmacht in the conflict. (OOC: 2x Fighters, 1x CAS, 1x Armored Brigade) The Polish POWs who surrendered to the Wehrmacht have been shipped back to Germany where they have been put to work laboring for the SS and various other German corporations, plans have also been set in motion to extract forced labor in Poland from the Jewish and ethnic Polish communities..

Effect: German occupied Poland and Danzig are to be brought into the Greater Reich. Polish POWs dispersed across the Reich to be used as forced labor. -16,000 for bringing all German units back to full strength.

Event: Romania & the Poles

The Romanian government has opened its doors to the few Polish Army & Air Force units that survived the Battle of Poland. Evidently hoping that the Poles would be inclined to aid their benefactor against future Soviet designs on Bessarabia (unified with the rest of Romania to form 'Greater Romania' in 1918, despite Soviet efforts to derail the process) as well as lingering Hungarian ambitions for Transylvania, King Carol II requested that the Polish units stay to aid Romania as per the terms of the Polish-Romanian alliance. Immediately after crossing the Romanian border, Polish Marshal Rydz-Smigly replied that he was prepared to do so - provided that Romania also keep its end of the Polish-Romanian alliance and make preparations to join their Western Allies in Britain and France.

Effect: All Polish forces in the Romanian Bridgehead have now moved into Romania; Rydz-Smigly will direct them to aid the Romanians (OOC: That means Chesser will gain control over them) if the Romanians join the Western Allies - after all, the entire point of their evacuation was so they could be preserved to fight the Germans and quite possibly the Soviets again some day, not sit around in a neutral Romania. Otherwise, they will continue on their present course to join the French.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

The Kingdom of Romania will allow the polish troops to continue there evacuation throughout greater Romania. The people of Romania have always shown support to it's neighbors, as well as honor it's past treaties that pledge assistance and aid. We cannot however bring the waves of slaughter that would incur should our kingdom bring aggression against such a strong and reputable alliance as the Germans and Soviets. My people need assurance of there continued existence and safety, so I must with a humble heart wish you and the remainder of your men a safe journey. I do however request that in honor of our cooperation and good faith, you allow a portion of your army force to remain, mainly your surviving air squadrons, and other vehicle force, troops would not be effected. In exchange we would help to expedite your remaining journey by way of our rail system, allowing you to better resupply and rehabilitate your men.

With humble regards
    Prime Minister Ion Antonescu

And His Majesty King Carol II
    Last edited by chesser2538; January 21, 2015 at 10:39 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

wip
    Last edited by Celsius; January 22, 2015 at 09:03 PM.

Hungary begins researching Army and Air Force tech level 3. rp will be added later.

-130,000 pengős
    1 week
    Last edited by Xion; January 22, 2015 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chesser2538 View Post
    The Kingdom of Romania will allow the polish troops to continue there evacuation throughout greater Romania. The people of Romania have always shown support to it's neighbors, as well as honor it's past treaties that pledge assistance and aid. We cannot however bring the waves of slaughter that would incur should our kingdom bring aggression against such a strong and reputable alliance as the Germans and Soviets. My people need assurance of there continued existence and safety, so I must with a humble heart wish you and the remainder of your men a safe journey. I do however request that in honor of our cooperation and good faith, you allow a portion of your army force to remain, mainly your surviving air squadrons, and other vehicle force, troops would not be effected. In exchange we would help to expedite your remaining journey by way of our rail system, allowing you to better resupply and rehabilitate your men.

With humble regards
    Prime Minister Ion Antonescu

And His Majesty King Carol II
    After much consideration & talks with his staff, Marshal Rydz-Smigly agrees to leave behind Poland's lone Motorized brigade and Air Force to aid the Romanians. The rest of the Polish army has since embarked for France from Constanta.

Effect: The following join Romania's army:

Polish Armored Motorized Brigade (Mot Inf, 1/2 Strength)
    1st Fighter Squadron of the 3rd Air Rgt.
    2nd Bomber Squadron
    III/1. Fighter Squadron (Fighter)
    9th Bomber Squadron (Bomber)

The following are continuing on to France and will join the French Army in 2 days:
    Lwow Reserve Inf. Div. (Inf/Eng)
    Lwow Cav. Br. (Cav)
    2nd Mountain Brigade (500 men left)
    22nd Mountain Inf. Div. (1,500 men left)

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Delete
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; January 23, 2015 at 08:46 PM.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

With the Polish troops departing the country, the Romanian government has come to the realization that in a time of mass war across the continent it cannot be indecisive in it's actions. Nor can it be lax in its relations with it's neighbors. This has sparked a movement within the majority of the Romanian government,\backed by German Reich as well as the Iron Guard to consolidate power within a few strong decisive individuals. The Government of Romania has with a vast majority vote chosen to reside power within it's current Prime Minister Ion Antonescu as the New Conducător of Romania. As such he may pass any necessary legislature deemed necessary for the safe continuation of the state, appoint ministers and officials as needed to replace any who are no longer in office or to any new offices created, and is acting supreme commander of all military forces in times of war.

Conducator Antonescu upon assuming office had this to say
    To the people of the great Kingdom of Romania, today we usher in a time of new beginnings for our homeland. This may be a great change for many of you as you listen to my words in your home, or read them from a newspaper, but I shall not be a negative one. With these new times also come new beginnings as well as new opportunities. I now have the ability to help the people of Romania in ways that were barred before due to corruption and party politics. Through the power of this office I shall ensure the continued prosperity of Romania and the Romanian people. Romanian foreign relations will be strengthened, allowing for an increase in trade and exchange that will allow us to boost our economy and improve our infrastructure. A nation in isolation may have no enemies, but it also will have no friends. In these trying times, friends are exactly what Romania needs. As one of my first acts as your Conducator I have extended an offer of friendship and alliance to the Nation of Germany. I can personally vouch for the character of their people, as well as their Chancellor Adolph Hitler. They are a nation of honorable men and decisive warriors, as we all have seen in there swift victory over the Poles. I have secondly acted to improve the Infrastructure of our more rural provinces. A process which I hope will show favorable results to raising our national GDP. I have lastly ordered a mobilization of our armed forces to ensure the safety of our people from any hostile intent. As we move forward we must also expand outward, and as such it is necessary to neutralize belligerent threats when they have appeared. The Kingdom of Bulgaria sits upon our border lying in wait to strike, their politicians are weak, and will bend to the wills of those who would bring us hostility. So it is with hesitance but need that I have prepared to stop a threat before it can unleash it's forces upon us unprepared. In this upcoming ordeal a strong country needs a strong military, and a strong military needs strong men, thus I encourage anyone who feels the desire to stand for his country and his family and his common man to rise to the occasion and enlist. May the people of Romania find a new era of prosperity and security from these changes, and may they usher in a time of peace for generations to come. There is work to be done as Romania expands and improves, but as new changes arise they shall be for the better. To all of my follow Romanians, may we all stay strong and band together into the future.

Conducator Ion Antonescu
    Conducator Ion Antonescu orders the following improvements.

Romania moves to improve it's tech levels by investing in
    Army Tech Level 3 - $60,000/6 days to research
    Navy Tech Level 3 - $70,000/7 days to research

It also Moves to improve its infrastructure by improving it's last remaining impoverished region.
    Red Level 1 to Blue Level 2: $20,000 - 2 days

Total Expendatures
    150,000 Leu
    Last edited by chesser2538; January 24, 2015 at 03:01 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster