Thread: Can you cut/paste the THERA mod folder?

Default Can you cut/paste the THERA mod folder?

Hey everyone,
    So a fairly straightforward question here, but it is slightly involved. I've saved a copy of this mod (admittedly my favorite M2 mod!) as a .zip folder on an external hard drive. Now when I did this I just zipped up the actual folder from my M2 mods folder and thought everything was cool. I did the same with a bunch of other mods and now when I went to unzip and run them in a clean install I have discovered that at least for the "Third Age Total War" mod I can't actually play without it crashing. I re-downloaded that mod and got it to work but I'm worried none of my other saved mods are going to work. I would just go ahead and try it but it takes about four hours just to unzip the folder from where it is saved on the drive.

Does anyone know if THERA will work just by unzipping a copy of the THERA folder into a new M2+kingdoms Mods folder? Would I be better off just downloading new copies of the install programs for all my saved mods?

Thanks a lot! :-)

Default Re: Can you cut/paste the THERA mod folder?

I've never tried to zip/unzip it myself, but I can see no reason why it would not work.
    I have copied mods and then pasted them back in again months later though, no problem.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I have done the copy and paste with third age mod and it worked fine for me

See that actually makes me MORE worried as it means there might have been something wonky with the zip file instead...oh well: I'm going to try unzipping THERA today and see if it works! Thanks everyone!